Author Topic: Delegate Hangout with Indolering from the P2P DNS Project [01:06:41]  (Read 1747 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
"lots of money spent on lobbying" 
"get a warrant"
"asking the courts"
"fuckin"
"patent it"
"primary goal is multisig"
"and the laws for"
"192.168.5nn.nnn"
"and work with ICANN so"
"to work on politics stuff"
"fuckin"
"I'm crazy behind at work"

Indolering, it sounds like you've really got a full plate.

I do have some concerns on your thoughts- You can try to fight all these things and waste time lobbying for this or that, however, the beast will move forward with or without our consent, or legislation that we manage to get "passed" at this point. This may sound defeatist to you, but I assure you, the win here will be in rendering their control obsolete.

DNS won't be DNS anymore. We need to design an entirely new platform from the ground up. Not some add-on to ICANN, or HOSTS.txt file or Tor solution, or a deal with the governments to "allow" our naming schema to be propagated.

Keep this in mind when we start applying my DDNS ideas to the IoT. To cars, planes, electrical outlets and light switches.

A domain name, or username, could be compared to a piece of property. If you don't show up for the sale, or the auction, then whoever is there, participating in the sale (virtually or physically), is the one who will more than likely win/buy the property.

Reputation and consensus also must come into play to stop squatters, or some rich guy who has a bot will show up and snipe at every sale.
So, once he wins the sale, then that deed must be approved by the reputation and consensus algorithm, which comes with more fees. The less people that vote on him, the higher his fees will be to secure that property. If say, the minimum number of voters have not voted a "thumbs up" for his purchase, then he is denied the property. Slates should not be allowed for such scarcities either. That buyer must go out and get the votes, every time. This theory is still full of holes and what-ifs, but this should give you the gist of what I'm talking about. TITAN was just the start.

Please take your mind out of the traditional TLD mechanisms that are in place now. Domains are also tangibles, not just company names and websites.

A free society will move to the path of least resistance, and ICANN is a "fuckin" diode. Render them obsolete and stop playing by their rules.

Like Stan always says.. "Think bigger, Pinky."

DDNS: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15461.0/all.html
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat