Author Topic: Developer Hangout with Bytemaster -May 1, 2015 [00:41:04]  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
BitShares Coders Understand Scotty.

Exactly.  But Scotty was a famous sandbagger.  So was Spock.  From The Wrath of Kahn:

Kirk: Kirk to Enterprise.
Spock: Spock here.
Kirk: Captain Spock, damage report.
Spock: Admiral, if we go "by the book". like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days.
Kirk: I read you captain. Let's have it.
Spock: The situation is grave, Admiral. We won't have main power for six "days". Auxiliary power has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible, in two "days". By the book, Admiral.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
In society today, IMO, things are falling apart because people become too comfortable. A lackadaisical attitude. "Someone else will probably do it"

When I was a volunteer poll worker, I'd hear these fucking bubbas come in and say "DUH, I ALWAYS VOTE REPUBLICAN" real loud so everyone could hear him. Or, "yeah, like, ya know, so like I always like vote Democrat, cuz like the planet man, ya know, we're destroying everything so like I want obama to fix that". OMFG!!!!

If you "set it and forget it", you're just asking for lazy ass Delegates.

IMO. :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"automated delegated voting (set it and forget it)" - i don't like the sound of that idea.

Think of it this way. 

It's all about trusting the judgement of somebody to set the system parameters.
One of the parameters is who sets the parameters.
So everybody is still choosing how to set the parameters - whether manually, or by choosing one or more experts, or perhaps one day even picking somebody's mathematically elegant algorithm or fiendishly clever bot.

In the end, everyone needs to choose the method that allows them to be the most for effective and responsible voter.
If setting the parameters manually is not something you are comfortable doing yourself, get professional help.
Just like you consult your doctor, your lawyer, or your favorite cryptonomist.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Excellent, lots of good topics covered in this one as well!

"DAC" Community or Company - uugh (i would prefer Community too, but Company tells the masses the "what" we are more clearly).

"speed of light" and "warp tunnels" - love it :)

"a dynamic number of block producers" - GREAT idea BM "automated delegated voting (set it and forget it)" - i don't like the sound of that idea.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat