Author Topic: DACX a China crowd founding company based on bitshares.  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Can anyone from DACx update us on how they've been doing this last month since the TV insert?

Also I'd be interested what the VC interviewed,  who apparently invested millions in DACx thinks of BitShares in general.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
found this, guess it can be somehow related, even though methods are different. http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/35a1fo/we_use_bitcoin_to_empower_anyone_anywhere_to/

"Huobi's new service [caimao.com] allows people to mortgage their bitcoin to borrow CNY for buying and selling shares on the Shanghai Stock Exchange"

I don't think this would be needed since DACx would issue UIA of shares on the BitShares client and the price should be pegged, but even though, it could give some ideas for future stuff
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

I think once the market processes the effective increase in current dilution and possible centralisation side-effects that we'll probably be below $8 million CAP by the end of the week.

Lately your posts reminds me of some trolls I met on ex-famous  centralized exchanges... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Apologies. I'll try to refrain from price speculation for a while.

Well, I do not think you are a troll or anything like it.  Rather than refrain from talking/speculating about price, I think it can have a healthy discussion in the 'Trade Discussion' board.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Dont apologize. Im so useless at predicting whats going to happen that I value as many opinions as I can get. I got really excited about the DACx integration and was going to buy more, but Empirical was right - its still early days.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

I think once the market processes the effective increase in current dilution and possible centralisation side-effects that we'll probably be below $8 million CAP by the end of the week.

Lately your posts reminds me of some trolls I met on ex-famous  centralized exchanges... 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I would be interested in DACX user numbers on a month by month though as they go forward though.

Dacx can have a big impact on bts.  Yes, some user stats would give us insight into how Dacx and bts are gaining traction.

Edit: I watched the video. It mentions there are thousands of users in Dacx and an average user invest 5000RMB.  An impressive start!

I don't think those numbers are right looking at their crowdfunding targets so far.

I think it's probably more like - thousands of users have signed up but only a small amount of them actually deposit money and those that do the average amount is 5000 RMB.

It's a great concept though, when I first heard about it on the forum I didn't get it, but I think now it has a lot of potential.

The paid workers proposal is good https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16130.0.html but has offset this positive news. I think once the market processes the effective increase in current dilution and possible centralisation side-effects that we'll probably be below $8 million CAP by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:34:28 am by Empirical1.2 »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I would be interested in DACX user numbers on a month by month though as they go forward though.

Dacx can have a big impact on bts.  Yes, some user stats would give us insight into how Dacx and bts are gaining traction.

Edit: I watched the video. It mentions there are thousands of users in Dacx and an average user invest 5000RMB.  An impressive start!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:21:20 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
+5%
light/web/mobile wallet is the most important thing
let's focus on these first!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

It's not something that'll drive the price up in a heart beat . It'll be a step towards actual usefulness for BitCNY , so I think in theory the benefit will be long term but not short term .

Although with the current wallet , I don't expect they'll have many volume anytime soon since even someone experienced as me can't open the wallet now .  :'(

Yup, me too & I think you're right.

16 months and we still don't have a reliable BitShares wallet that an average person can use. Until that's addressed I don't think we can attract users and I see there's talk of increasing the current dilution by 300% in a pay later scheme. So I guess we might resume the downtrend for a while.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:52:00 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline monsterer

In my experience when it doesn't open it has got stuck on a fork and cannot sync - this happened to me a few times. In all cases, I've needed to copy the blockchain off another machine to get it to work again :(
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Although with the current wallet , I don't expect they'll have many volume anytime soon since even someone experienced as me can't open the wallet now .  :'(

I've heard this from a few people. Are you willing to accept help to get it open or are you just HODL so don't really need it? I run several wallets in GUI, CLI, and Web form on Windows, OSX, and GNU/Linux. They have their issues but they do work.

The issue is on and off ......sometimes it works . sometimes it stuck at the password interface with dots moving and waiting and never enter .
It's not strange though ....I have a technical friend who uses more than 35GB of RAM (right , 35GB) , multiple CPUs and still gets slow reaction sometimes .
I'll try abandon all of my TITAN account when I get the time to see if it helps .
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:22:37 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Riverhead

I've heard this from a few people. Are you willing to accept help to get it open or are you just HODL so don't really need it? I run several wallets in GUI, CLI, and Web form on Windows, OSX, and GNU/Linux. They have their issues but they do work.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Really nice.. one of many more awesome UIA uses to come!  +5%

Hope this helps with bitshares user base out of China!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
That's great exposure. Kudos to DACX.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Fantastic :D

I believe this goes to show that market issued assets of stocks could be a cool function of bitshares.

Did we solve the stock split issue yet?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I bought based on this.

Saturday night, prime time segment on ICS about a BitShares related company with quite a few mentions of BitShares and cutaways of the BitShares wallet itself. I think this is probably the best media exposure BitShares has got to date.

Bought bts or the asset? isnt the asset representing apple stock, issued from dacx?

I bought a little BTS.

I think the market will view it positively that there are credible businesses forming around and based on BTS and that they and BTS are starting to get some decent press/media exposure.

Most people on the market already know about the rough news since it was announced two months ago .
It's not something that'll drive the price up in a heart beat . It'll be a step towards actual usefulness for BitCNY , so I think in theory the benefit will be long term but not short term .

There is another report weeks ago , but didn't mention BitShares specifically , I can't find the link in short time . Although a brief moment on the video report , "BTSBOTS.com" "BitCNY" was on a white board in the office .   :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:01:38 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Good coverage!  Does Dacx pay a UIA registration fee for each BTA?  How much?

The mother UIA  (that's what I call it )  "BDR" cost 0.5 million BTS three months ago (nearly) .
The son UIA "BDR.AAPL" etc cost 500BTS each back then .
If they have more to issue , then it'll be 5000BTS each now .
So the total cost will be 0.5 million + (  X )  .

ok thanks wildpig.  Oh yeah, I mean't BDR (not BTA).

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

The mother UIA  (that's what I call it )  "BDR" cost 0.5 million BTS three months ago (nearly) .
The son UIA "BDR.AAPL" etc cost 500BTS each back then .
If they have more to issue , then it'll be 5000BTS each now .
So the total cost will be 0.5 million + (  X )  .

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Does DACx accept Yuan (via their website) which gets converted to BitCNY, which trades against BDR.AAPL? How does that work?

What advantage does DACx get by using BTS as a backend? They could just accept CNY themselves without any transaction fees.

Their job is to collect the Yuan (fiat and BitCNY accepted),  do the named stuff with the money , and issue BDR in BitShares and send to the customers .
After that , it can't be traded on the website . The website can help customers submit order in BitShares wallet market to trade . In the end the trading will have to happen inside
BitShares with BitCNY since the platform itself is not suppose to match orders on the website for customers . So BitShares is the end game for this business model that other crowd-funding platform don't have to make the project liquid .

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:52:33 pm by btswildpig »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline testz

Wow I cant believe I havent heard of this before.

Thanks Xeldal, but how do I found out which other asset BDR.SPY for example is trading against the most? Im searching for it but there is loads of pairs with 0 volume.

The exchange page really needs to show a hot markets page.

Edit: This is the kind of news that we've all been waiting for - companies integrating & leveraging the BitShares blockchain. I bet this is the kind of announcement Bytemaster was hoping to save until the Summer :D

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=dacx.com&edit-text=&act=url

They have it listed on dacx.com under "nearing completion" so I would guess its not yet been purchased, so not yet available.
Target 15,000 RMB - 35% funded so far.

Look here: https://www.dacx.com/explore/fea/successful

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Does DACx accept Yuan (via their website) which gets converted to BitCNY, which trades against BDR.AAPL? How does that work?

What advantage does DACx get by using BTS as a backend? They could just accept CNY themselves without any transaction fees.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
So has DACx created UIAs for US stocks so that Chinese can buy them?

The platform and the initiator of the specific project control the subject matter . The UIA is for sharing the economical gain(lost) of the subject matter .
Through UIA in BitShares , the economical right can be made liquid , unlike the traditional crowd-funding platforms .
Stock is just an example . Other projects like the equity of a start-up company can be traded on the blockchain under this model .

And BTA (BitCNY) will benefit from the trading once the business grows . ( of course ,assuming the wallet will be improved so that normal people can trade easily ) .

It's a trust-based model . In the end , you have to trust DACx and the initiator will back the UIA . Just like you have to trust BTC38,coinbase,BTC-e to back your "balance" .

Xeldal

Thanks Xeldal, but how do I found out which other asset BDR.SPY for example is trading against the most? Im searching for it but there is loads of pairs with 0 volume.

Edit: This is the kind of news that we've all been waiting for - companies integrating & leveraging the BitShares blockchain. I bet this is the kind of announcement Bytemaster was hoping to save until the Summer :D

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=dacx.com&edit-text=&act=url

They have it listed on dacx.com under "nearing completion" so I would guess its not yet been purchased, so not yet available.
Target 15,000 RMB - 35% funded so far.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Tesla, yeah  8)

This would be worth an article on a media site... people would see BitShares is not dead. but then again, i dont mind having the price this low

Offline speedy

• View Profile

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:06:47 pm by speedy »

Xeldal

BDR.AAPL    500,000.00 BDR.AAPL    NASDAQ APPLE INC BDR
BDR.ASHR    5,000.00 BDR.ASHR    Deutsche X-trackers Harvest CSI 300 China A-Shares ETF BDR
BDR.BABA    40,000.00 BDR.BABA    NYSE Alibaba BDR
BDR.BIDU    10,000.00 BDR.BIDU    Bit Depositary Receipt of NASDAQ:BIDU
BDR.BRKA    0.00 BDR.BRKA    NYSE Berkshire Hathaway BDR
BDR.CNY    0.00 BDR.CNY    Bit Depositary Receipt of Chinese Yuan
BDR.CTRP    10,000.00 BDR.CTRP    Ctrip.com International Inc. BDR
BDR.DIA    20,000.00 BDR.DIA    SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF Trust BDR
BDR.EUR    0.00 BDR.EUR    Bit Depositary Receipt of Euro
BDR.EWH    30,000.00 BDR.EWH    iShares MSCI Hong Kong Index Fund ETF BDR
BDR.FB    0.00 BDR.FB    Bit Depositary Receipt of NASDAQ:FB
BDR.GOOG    0.00 BDR.GOOG    NASDAQ GOOGLE INC BDR
BDR.SBUX    20,000.00 BDR.SBUX    Starbucks Corporation BDR
BDR.SPY    10,000.00 BDR.SPY    Bit Depositary Receipt of SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust
BDR.TCEHY    10,000.00 BDR.TCEHY    Tencent Holdings Limited BDR
BDR.TSLA    0.00 BDR.TSLA    NASDAQ TESLA INC BDR
BDR.USD    0.00 BDR.USD    Bit Depositary Receipt of US Dollar
BDR.VIPS    5,000.00 BDR.VIPS    Vipshop Holdings Limited BDR
BDR.YY    3,000.00 BDR.YY    YY Inc. BDR

Offline speedy

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Good stuff!
The BitShares client screen can be seen starting at 3:45:
https://youtu.be/CMbgER0BOqA?t=3m45s

Go DACx!!!!!!! :D
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I bought based on this.

Saturday night, prime time segment on ICS about a BitShares related company with quite a few mentions of BitShares and cutaways of the BitShares wallet itself. I think this is probably the best media exposure BitShares has got to date.

Bought bts or the asset? isnt the asset representing apple stock, issued from dacx?

I bought a little BTS.

I think the market will view it positively that there are credible businesses forming around and based on BTS and that they and BTS are starting to get some decent press/media exposure.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I bought based on this.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I bought a little based on this.

Saturday night, prime time segment on ICS about a company that uses BTS with quite a few mentions of BitShares and cutaways of the BitShares wallet itself. I think this is probably the best media exposure BitShares has got to date.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:19:15 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Xeldal

Is DACx trading on BitShares or will they be forking their own blockchain?

UIA on the primary chain. For example: http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/info?asset=AAPLBDR is a dacx.com asset.

Doesn't look like that one is being used.
Try: http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/info?asset=BDR.AAPL

They are issued by the same account though.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

UIA on the primary chain. For example: http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/info?asset=AAPLBDR is a dacx.com asset.

Great, thanks. That's awesome.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Awesome! Still looks weird to me seeing our website on TV. Guess I should get used to it :D .

Xeldal

Just check this:
https://youtu.be/CMbgER0BOqA

This is a report on Shanghai international TV.

Nice!  +5%  DACX is leading the charge.

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
Just check this:
https://youtu.be/CMbgER0BOqA

This is a report on Shanghai international TV.