Author Topic: [FYI] BitShares Looks To Lead Bitcoin 2.0 Movement  (Read 4354 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Good job Fuz!

I did not know you were a RPG gamer.  BTW, the ending is still cut off.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline emailtooaj

Nice work Fuzzy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline hodor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hodor
+5%

hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor

Precisely how all my work ended. I might have well said that and left it.

hodor...
Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor.

Offline fuzzy

+5%

hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor

Precisely how all my work ended. I might have well said that and left it.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hodor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hodor
Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline fuzzy

Fantastic article!!! Wow.  +5% +5%

This is stated backwards but the point gets across:
Code: [Select]
It is this choice that made it possible for BitShares to have 5 second block times and under 10 second transaction times.

Should read:
Code: [Select]
It is this choice that made it possible for BitShares to have 10 second block times and an average of 5 second transaction times

Good point. As I said, I wasn't finished finalizing it before this was posted. 

Offline fuzzy

Nice.
 Good job fuzz!

Now, if you were not presented with this opportunity and offered 15 min windows to present your fought and ideas it could have been GREAT! But let's not go there and let's focus on the positive.

Thanks tonyk2.  Coming from you this means alot :)

zerosum

Nice.
 Good job fuzz!

Now, if you were not presented with this opportunity and offered 15 min windows to present your fought and ideas it could have been GREAT! But let's not go there and let's focus on the positive.

Offline fuzzy

It is awaiting approval.  Somehow my additions were not added and my last comment asking them to add it was deleted. 

Offline fuzzy

Please rt my tweet so they will fix the article.  The first day is integral:  https://twitter.com/Beyond_Bitcoin/status/594987462130282497

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitshares-brings-human-element-bitcoin-2-0/#comment-2001484266

"
BitShares has not resorted to media blitzes and marketing promotions? Why?

First of all, to know where we are going, we must first understand where we come from and where we are today. So this is a wonderful opportunity to give clarity regarding the history and some recent events in the bitshares space.

When we first began operation, it started with Protoshares. Due to a conflict with a company already in existence named "Protoshare", Protoshares' name needed changed. This is where it was renamed "BitShares PTS"–The ProtoDAC. PTS was the first DAC equity and was mined into existence using a CPU-Hard Algorithm called "Momentum". This was meant to give everyone a chance to gain a stake
in this revolutionary movement…on equal footing. Dan and his team, working together at that time as “Invictus Innovations” development firm, promised that every DAC they created would sharedrop directly onto PTS. They were going to leverage their intimate understanding of the tech and the specs required to maximize their own stake to be used for development purposes--coders need to eat in order to survive. And their survival is imperative, it turns out, if you want coding done.

However, it was a tough lesson learned when botnets began popping up and pulling in inordinate sums of PTS. As is always necessary in startups (and especially crypto-startups), this required another pivot. This was when the AngelShares' (AGS) donation fund was born.

AGS offered PTS and Bitcoin (BTC) holders the ability to each separately compete on the open market for a total of 10,000 AGS each day, for 180 days. The 10,000 AGS was split for each market (PTS and BTC). This meant 5,000AGS a day up for grabs for each PTS and BTC donators.

From this little taste of history, it becomes obvious that things became pretty complex. And this was just the beginning.

This brings us to BitSharesX, which was supposed to be the "eXchange" DAC. It would fix all of the
problems of crypto-volatility by using BTS to back Polymorphic Digital Assets. These would track the value of commonly known currencies, stocks and commodities via a prediction market mechanic. The most powerful aspect of BitSharesX's value proposition was that it did this with 200-300% collateral.
Unlike current markets, BitSharesX thrived to ensure naked shorting and high frequency trading that has caused such problems. And it did it from the protocol level---with the power of what our dearest Bitcoin brought us--the blockchain.

Other "BitShares-Powered" DACs to be born from the toolkit included a Voting DAC (BitShares VOTE) http:/followmyvote.com/, a MUSIC DAC (BitShares MUSIC) http://peertracks.com/, a gaming DAC (BitShares PLAY) http://dacplay.org/en/ (community: playtalk.org ), .p2p (now taken over by Indolering
who also works with the Namecoin community), and a large number of yet to be seen DACs.

As one can see, the many DACs made it very difficult to market. In an attempt to focus the BitShares image, while also gaining the side-effect of added functionality, BitSharesX incorporated the teams of VOTE and .p2p. It was hoped that this would make it easier for an already over-burdened crypto media to boil down into digestible formats. Whether this will be the end effect is yet to be seen.

Suffice it to say, the BitShares Toolkit still remains open for anyone to use in the form of the newly-transitioned PTS 2.0 (www.ptstalk.org), which has switched from PoW to DPOS, but without all the bells and whistles of the other chains. It is a great place to get started understanding DPOS as a
DAC that functions similarly to Bitcoin--as a currency transmission service.

Though it is not necessary for sharedropping to occur by other independently-developed "BitShares-Powered" chains, it is advised to consider it as the entire BitShares community is Savvy to both the history and the significance of what it means to be Powered by BitShares. Given the current problems surfacing with respect to the Bitcoin Foundation (http://www.pcworld.com/article..., there are a great number of chains beginning to recognize the power of DPOS with respect to giving the powers of self-governance back to the citizens in a blockchain-based cryptonetwork. I suspect you will begin seeing many other existing chains
looking into precisely this.

*P.S.*
I am fuzzy from bitsharestalk.org and this article is now completed save one other issue: the Soundcloud has now been replaced with www.beyondbitcoin.org so if you want to join us or listen to our past hangouts you can do so there!

Thanks for posting my work and if you have any questions or business proposals, please contact me at beyondbitcoin@gmail.com :)
"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:35:08 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

If you're still editing it, please cut it in half. All the  historical stuff is unnecessary noise.

Given the title of the article I think it's fitting. I would normally agree with you but in this case I think it works.

The reason for talking about it is to show that it becomes complex and difficult to explain in a digestible format--the chief reason for our difficulty in marketing.  I also considered your points before writing it triox, but since DPOS is in a sense political, I felt it was important and so chose to include it :) 
Thanks for your feedback and please everyone join the discussion and ask for the rest to be posted (*and the changes I requested be made be integrated).

Offline Riverhead

If you're still editing it, please cut it in half. All the  historical stuff is unnecessary noise.

Given the title of the article I think it's fitting. I would normally agree with you but in this case I think it works.

Offline Riverhead

I wasn't finished with it. Can anyone help me get the finished version up if I can complete it in an hour?

There are some minor typos and whatnot. Do you have it anywhere a collaborative effort can be made?