Author Topic: Reorg of Bitshares buyers and holders is happening now.  (Read 4490 times)

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
in the beginning l was skeptical about BitShares but nowadays just loading as much as l can l also agree that we are in real investors Phase.
Regards

Offline fuzzy

I totally agree with the OP.

All those who were in Bitshares for a quick buck have already left, shares are now concentrating in the hands of the real believers.

As an investor I would sure like to be the guy who holds all the way from 0.003$ to 3$ a share, but at this point in time I don't even dream about it, and honestly I don't really care. I don't feel entitled to anything, as I didn't contribute personally to the long term success of Bitshares except by being a buyer/hodler. I really have faith in the team behind the product. The future of money is bright because of blockchain technology, and I seriously think Bitshares is perfectly positioned to grab a significant share of the future financial market powered by the blockchain.

Revolutions take years to unfold, and critical mass adoption will definitely take a while. I feel privileged to be sitting in the front row and be able to look at the evolution of the product, one proposal and one announcement at a time.

Creativity, dedication, hard working, patience... All those traits will be required by the team in the long run to make Bitshares the real success it's meant to be.

Keep up the good work everyone. Even if the share price is at its lowest since inception, I've never been as confident as right now about the future success of Bitshares.

Cheers to BM and the team!
+5%

People have no clue how many people I hear talking about using DPOS as their protocol of choice...
When the going gets tough...losers quit.  Those who weather storms form the only true foundation that creates real, lasting value. 
The question everyone here should be asking is which path are THEY going to take? The loser's or the cornerstone...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

merockstar

I wish I had the image of Daniel Larimer in his local paper, but it said something to the effect that local resident raises $30 million worth of venture capital for Inviticus (I3) Corporation for new venture BitsharesX in 45 days.

I can't find the newspaper image or link, but what I can find is this:

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-evolution-of-protoshares

Whether it is $30 millon, or $25 million, or even $15 million, it's a significant amount of cash. Any pump and dump coin would have been long gone by now.

...and I'm going to make a statement that perhaps might annoy Stan, and yet make him proud at the same time.

Daniel Larimer is young enough to not to have his morals tainted by money. He truly wants to build something and produce and leave  behind what he's promised and commissioned to do in his legacy.

So $30 million market cap or not, Daniel has the intelligence, cooperation, and support to really build BitShares into a real product.

This is more than karma and money. It's about showing the world what you can do, and I have total faith that Daniel Larimer (aka Bytemaster) can pull the team together.

He's already said they're looking towards 1st week of June for an announce. Anytime in June would make me happy. :)

this?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I hope this shit lasts a few more months.
It may, until Chinese stock market crashes. Just my 2 cents.

Or Wall Street, or any other fiat market.
Every cent I can round up goes directly into BitShares.
 +5% +5% +5% on the OP.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
IEven if the share price is at its lowest since inception, I've never been as confident as right now about the future success of Bitshares.

As long as devs/delegates can keep producing, price doesn't mean much for the long term
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I totally agree with the OP.

All those who were in Bitshares for a quick buck have already left, shares are now concentrating in the hands of the real believers.

As an investor I would sure like to be the guy who holds all the way from 0.003$ to 3$ a share, but at this point in time I don't even dream about it, and honestly I don't really care. I don't feel entitled to anything, as I didn't contribute personally to the long term success of Bitshares except by being a buyer/hodler. I really have faith in the team behind the product. The future of money is bright because of blockchain technology, and I seriously think Bitshares is perfectly positioned to grab a significant share of the future financial market powered by the blockchain.

Revolutions take years to unfold, and critical mass adoption will definitely take a while. I feel privileged to be sitting in the front row and be able to look at the evolution of the product, one proposal and one announcement at a time.

Creativity, dedication, hard working, patience... All those traits will be required by the team in the long run to make Bitshares the real success it's meant to be.

Keep up the good work everyone. Even if the share price is at its lowest since inception, I've never been as confident as right now about the future success of Bitshares.

Cheers to BM and the team!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I wish I had the image of Daniel Larimer in his local paper, but it said something to the effect that local resident raises $30 million worth of venture capital for Inviticus (I3) Corporation for new venture BitsharesX in 45 days.

Whether it is $30 millon, or $25 million, or even $15 million, it's a significant amount of cash. Any pump and dump coin would have been long gone by now.

...and I'm going to make a statement that perhaps might annoy Stan, and yet make him proud at the same time.

Daniel Larimer is young enough to not to have his morals tainted by money. He truly wants to build something and produce and leave  behind what he's promised and commissioned to do in his legacy.

So $30 million market cap or not, Daniel has the intelligence, cooperation, and support to really build BitShares into a real product.

This is more than karma and money. It's about showing the world what you can do, and I have total faith that Daniel Larimer (aka Bytemaster) can pull the team together.

He's already said they're looking towards 1st week of June for an announce. Anytime in June would make me happy. :)

+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

That is my .003 cents.

It should be 0.006 cents = 2 BTS

Oh wow...you value my opinions exactly 2x more than I do :D

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
delegate-clayop

Offline fuzzy

It's amazing that people think a BTS isn't even worth a penny! Not even a penny!

That's exactly what early Bitcoin investors thought when someone traded 10,000 bitcoin for two pizzas ('Bitcoin Pizza Day': Why 2 Pies Are Now Worth $5 Million)

Just because we fast forward a few years, we're making the same mistakes again.  This is the same chance you had May 2010 when Bitcoin was worth less than a penny. Yet people continue to not learn from history. Why?

Many chains seem to be looking at DPoS.  What do we think that means for the chain Dan created?  That is my .003 cents.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
It's amazing that people think a BTS isn't even worth a penny! Not even a penny!

That's exactly what early Bitcoin investors thought when someone traded 10,000 bitcoin for two pizzas ('Bitcoin Pizza Day': Why 2 Pies Are Now Worth $5 Million)

Just because we fast forward a few years, we're making the same mistakes again.  This is the same chance you had May 2010 when Bitcoin was worth less than a penny. Yet people continue to not learn from history. Why?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:00:39 am by crypto4ever »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Just wanted to state this..

If anyone knows about blockchain technology, when a traditional chainfork happens, it's because there's PoW blocks created on a different chain because of some quicker blocks, and nodes accepting the blocks.

Eventually these small forks "reorg" as part of chain reorganization

What we're witnessing now in my opinion, is a Bitshares "reorg" in the way of people who bought in to get rich quick and are selling vs the people who understand what Bitshares can and will do in the future and are buying the low.

So while we're in this transition, my recommendation is to either buy or sell in a way that makes you feel comfortable.  I sincerely feel that I'm on the right "chain" by buying.

We'll see what happens, but I fully believe the current low exchange price of BTS is something we won't see ever again.

Keep forging ahead those of you long and strong.. this isn't wasted technology. It's very methodically designed and I think people a couple years from now might see these old stale dated May 2015 posts and wish they could have bought at these prices.

I don't know what spawned this post, other than the realization that we're going through an investor "reorg" akin to blockchain reorganization like Bitcoin has gone through with it's PoW mechanism.

I also agree with the vesting situation that is designed into the system. I never understood it until now.

Perhaps I'm seemingly coded in the way I'm expressing this point. Perhaps someone else can use better layman terms to explain what I'm trying to say?

For those of you who have knowledge of a chain reorganization, doesn't this feel similar?

A good video for this (before it's taken down) is this one from Dragons Den Canada (S09E18, Mar182015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SratSgODX84

At 18 mins, 20 seconds, to 19 minutes the lesson is.. "I've done this for 33 years. The only way to make money is to buy fear and sell greed"

I think we're in the buy fear stage.

..he goes to to say "wanna know how you get 30 years of experience? 30 years. I've lost a lot of money to make a lot of money"

So I agree with his 30+ years of experience "buy fear, sell greed".  Right now it's a buy fear market at these BTS prices it appears (my opinion only)

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
I hope this shit lasts a few more months.

It may, until Chinese stock market crashes. Just my 2 cents.
delegate-clayop