Author Topic: Ripple News  (Read 5001 times)

38PTSWarrior

Wonderful

Offline bytemaster

3) Invictus has never run a block producing node on the BitShares network (Ripple runs their own nodes)

But individuals have run such nodes (delegates)... does it mean the delegates are a potential target of them?

I do not believe that any individual delegate is at risk because no individual delegate has any control on their own and they were all "elected", etc.   

I think it only matters to us because we are the producers of the software.   This is an example of where doing too much under one company is a problem, but spreading the tasks among 100's of people becomes ok because the tasks individually are completely legal.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
3) Invictus has never run a block producing node on the BitShares network (Ripple runs their own nodes)

But individuals have run such nodes (delegates)... does it mean the delegates are a potential target of them?
The init* delegates have been run by DACSunLimited IIRC..
Full nodes are not of interest

Anyway, thanks for the clarification :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Thanks for the clarification!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline bytemaster

I just wanted to post the following update:

1) I have not received any communication of any form from any government agency.
2) Invictus never solicited fiat from any individual  (no reason for FinCEN to get involved)

In the event that Invictus is fined it will not impact the future of BitShares, it will only impact my own personal financial situation.   I suspect that this community would have my back and we will all move past it. 

There is nothing to fear except fear itself.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.