Author Topic: Details Behind The Secrecy of the TPP Trade Deal: Absolutely Mind Blowing  (Read 9783 times)

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Update on the TPP, with some curse words.  But I have to say, I agree 100% with this dude...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAOIqPNpP4

Kevin Blanch (the guy in the video) claims that the TPP was passed by 62 votes on 21st May 2015 - and that now the US is dead and has succumbed to neo-feudalism with cheap labour in Asia as legalized slavery.
It is official, the United States which has been sick since 1980, HAS PASSED AWAY SHE IS DEAD. 
She was born SOMETIME IN THE 1770S, to a loving father GEORGE WASHINGTON, and her loving god father Alexander Hamilton, and Thomas Jefferson, she was nurtured by her WET NURSE Paul revere and Samuel Adams.
She was taught at a very young age to PROTECT against cheap imported goods, (tariff act of 1789. 
She had overcome great struggle as an infant, but she found strength form her Uncles teachings (tariff act of 1789.
She had been violently attacked as a young girl by an English Murderer (the war of 1812, she was ageing nearly killed by royal cotton slave owners who nearly kidnapped HER. Thousands of HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS died defending her. As a young adult she never lost her childhood teachings of protection of her people her sense in dignity and honor and respect to all People AS SHE WANTED a SQUARE DEAL FOR ALL.
In her middle ages she was again attached by a radical kidnapper who nearly took her (the Japanese ROYAL FAMILY AND THE Hitler INSANE KILLERS.  BUT after fighting of all these evil forces in her life, she finally succumbed to GREED, the official cause of death WAS IGNORANCE. 
Her executor of the will and benefactors KING Georges great granddaughter, issued a statement we the jolly old England who was once our child pre 1776, we will be taking over all affairs and interest. WE WILL BE KEEPING our Military colony, NEAR VALLEY FORGE, at the old capitol in Washington D. C. all United States citizens are now officially the property of the HOUSE ON NUCLEAR (Windsor, Hanford). thank you to the GOP UNCLE TOM OBAMA, and the soft ball liberals, that hijacked the old democrats, thank you to the Democrat super betrayal 8, thank you we never believed it could be so easy, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, signed the QUEEN and her honored court of CORPORATION board members, also we would like to extend a great thank you to the Propaganda American MEDIA for making this all possible,  IN lieu of Flowers Please DIE so we don’t have to do it, WE DON’T LIKE TO GET OUR HANDS DIRTY. SIGNED your loving QUEENS;; by kevin D. blanch 5/22/2015 LAST OF THE CRAFTSMAN
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:00:17 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline fuzzy

Update on the TPP, with some curse words.  But I have to say, I agree 100% with this dude...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAOIqPNpP4
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

jakub

As to "openly fighting them", that's a mis-characterization. 
By "openly fighting them" I mean building our future on the assumption that people will be brave enough to do stuff which the establishment declares illegal.
Instead, we should only rely on very basic rights which cannot be easily taken from us: freedom of speech (so devs can safely write the code) and internet (so we can use the code).

Crypto-currency was born from the idea of creating an alternative to the mainstream financial world.
Yes, we are creating an alternative but for this alternative to work we need liquidity and to have liquidity we need users from outside the crypto-world and to have those users we need to build a comfortable bridge for them so they can easily cross over and join us.

What partnership between the mafia and legitimate business ever works to be mutually beneficial?  They have power over their "honest" partners through threats & blackmail, or at the very least corrupt their honesty into non-existence.
Partnerships between good & evil never end in a mutually beneficial standoff. Either the partnership is terminated or one partner or the other will gain dominance.
I'd refrain myself from thinking we are "good" and they are "evil". I think we are more or less the same. We've seen many times that "good" people can easily become "evil" if the circumstances are right (there are exceptions of course but that's the general rule).
For me the only ideological difference between them and us is that they believe that people CAN be trusted with power whereas we think that people CANNOT be trusted with power and that power should be handed over to mathematically secured algorithms.

Offline Thom

If not for those with voluntarist principles like BM, me and so many others, how many of you would be here?
It's not fair to exclude those who do not share your views from being able to share BM's views.
That's the case with me: I fully agree with BM's views but have problems with yours.
So it must be the case that you and I interpret BM's words differently.

If you mix evil and virtue you loose virtue. You can't win by partnering with your enemy, and make no mistake the banksters ARE your enemy, they only want to use you like a milk cow and they will feed you as little as they can while they drain every last drop of milk from your body.
This is my interpretation of BM views: we CAN partner with anybody, including mainstream banking, but we must draw a line which we will never cross and this line says this: freedom and privacy will always be maintained for market-pegged-assets. As long as we keep this line sacred it's safe for us to be open to any business opportunity.

I respect your treating banksters as your enemy. I don't like them either. I think the world would be much better without them. But I also think they have too much power to fight them openly. We need to be smart.
So let us have more faith in BitShares. We are strong enough to be able to partner with our ideological enemy and defeat it by eventually making it obsolete.

Thanks for your perspective Jakub. Respectfully, I think your fooling yourself, tho perhaps your view of BM's philosophy is more accurate than mine. All I can do is judge by what he has written as what business deals he endorses.

As to "openly fighting them", that's a mis-characterization.  Crypto-currency was born from the idea of creating an alternative to the mainstream financial world. It is we the people that are the engines of innovation and production, lets stop relinquishing our value to institutions and systems that seek to harness (i.e. appropriate, like a parasite) OUR value. We do that by applying our creativity to build alternate means of trade & transfer among ourselves, in new and autonomous systems like BitShares. It won't be easy, but if you truly believe in the free market, and you can sustain the effort to create such an alternative, its merits will eventually catch on as people realize the alternate system is better in almost every respect. It will not start off being better, but it will get better and better as time goes on as long as freedom prevails in it's growth.

I think it's a mistake to think we can hold onto the principle of freedom and privacy (don't really know why you only mentioned BitAssets, the ecosystem envisions so much more than that) and also comply with the whims of a corrupt partner. You're playing with fire, taking a big risk, and ignoring their motive to do whatever it takes to gain control over the ecosystem.

What partnership between the mafia and legitimate business ever works to be mutually beneficial?  They have power over their "honest" partners through threats & blackmail, or at the very least corrupt their honesty into non-existence.

Partnerships between good & evil never end in a mutually beneficial standoff. Either the partnership is terminated or one partner or the other will gain dominance.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

This is my interpretation of BM views: we CAN partner with anybody, including mainstream banking, but we must draw a line which we will never cross and this line says this: freedom and privacy will always be maintained for market-pegged-assets. As long as we keep this line sacred it's safe for us to be open to any business opportunity.

I respect your treating banksters as your enemy. I don't like them either. I think the world would be much better without them. But I also think they have too much power to fight them openly. We need to be smart.
So let us have more faith in BitShares. We are strong enough to be able to partner with our ideological enemy and defeat it by eventually making it obsolete.

+5% good thinking ... and IMO / SMART is the way to go ... if we will fight it open  .. we will loose   ..!
my 2 bts
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

jakub

If not for those with voluntarist principles like BM, me and so many others, how many of you would be here?
It's not fair to exclude those who do not share your views from being able to share BM's views.
That's the case with me: I fully agree with BM's views but have problems with yours.
So it must be the case that you and I interpret BM's words differently.

If you mix evil and virtue you loose virtue. You can't win by partnering with your enemy, and make no mistake the banksters ARE your enemy, they only want to use you like a milk cow and they will feed you as little as they can while they drain every last drop of milk from your body.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:10:15 am by jakub »

Offline fuzzy

Fuzzy is a model of diplomacy.

Lol...oh the irony of the past 48 hours for me when I see this comment is so absolutely perfect for the occasion.  Some might argue this point with you.  I actually do try really hard though so I appreciate it.

Offline Thom

Bob and Thom, I think there's no need to be that rude. If you want BitShares to grow, it's not going to be a purely libertarian crowd that gets it done. I respect your strong beliefs and agree with many of them. But offending people that want to help and make this succeed is not the way to run things. We can do better. Fuzzy is a model of diplomacy.

Yes, fuzzy is a better diplomat than I, no doubt. I'm not one to beat around the bush.

If not for those with voluntarist principles like BM, me and so many others, how many of you would be here? There wouldn't be a "here" without the likes of those with the gonads to 1) recognize the problems and the reasons they exist, 2) take a stand against tyranny and create a system that provides freedom to everyone by turning our backs on the existing freedom destroying institutions.

I won't apologize for my passion and desire to see mainstream banking fade away into the past like slavery, prohibition and women as property. If that comes across as undiplomatic then so be it.

Don't know why you named Bob in your reply, that seems undiplomatic and unfair IMO.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:02:47 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Tuck Fheman

From loving the community to hating the community in 13 posts...

You can't have love without lo, and that's how he feels.

Offline bobmaloney

Bob and Thom, I think there's no need to be that rude. If you want BitShares to grow, it's not going to be a purely libertarian crowd that gets it done. I respect your strong beliefs and agree with many of them. But offending people that want to help and make this succeed is not the way to run things. We can do better. Fuzzy is a model of diplomacy.

Who was the one that was rude?

I think you should reread the posts in order and consider where blame was being directed and by whom.

I have no problem entertaining a short conversation about the topic of Obama possibly being a "good" president - hell, I'll even entertain one considering the possibility of GWB being "not-so-bad", but if Turkey was being genuine in his claim of opinion - he had plenty of opportunity to explain why.
Instead, he chose to play the victim and try to make a post from myself reflect upon the entire community.

He was completely disingenuous in his feigned offense - and if it was real...no comment.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Thom

Did I say anything about TPP specifically in my post Bob, Cass, et al?

No, I didn't.

This "community" is such a joke and your attitudes on here are just as responsible for BitShares pitiful user adoption as anything else, IMHO.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wasn't a post about Obama any more than it was about all the other political entities who have been working on plans like these for the better part of two generations.  I'm not sure why you seem angry about defending Obama. ..because in doing so you forgot the point of the discussion.

So let's clear things up: are you OK with super wealthy people from different countries all signing trade deals that make it possible for international conglomerates to sue you (and your children) when your country passes a law that is intended to be in your loved ones' best interest?  Are you cool with the specifics of that deal being largely protected from the pouring eyes of those politicians directly-electing constituents?   

There is no reason for this level of secrecy unless they know the American (and European) unrepresented Citizens would be pissed about the contents of said "trade agreements".

Now I'm wondering what's next...

^this. How apropos was the moniker, "turkeyleg"? Glad to see the likes of him say bye bye. I wouldn't have bothered to post that bit of negativity but I did want to give +5% to fuzzy for his rational response to the irrational turkey. Hope he wakes up, where ever he goes. We all have to share the world with him, and may someone save us all if he procreates and infests another being / generation with his narrow minded patterns of thinking. He's a good example of why (re)education is so important, b/c our battle in the grand scheme of things is for the mind. The world desperately needs a paradigm shift in how information is processed. I think that's true for everybody, we're all tainted with various degrees of false statist / religious ideas and beliefs.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

No, I didn't.

This "community" is such a joke and your attitudes on here are just as responsible for BitShares pitiful user adoption as anything else, IMHO.

??? Calm down, oh i notice you jsut deleted your profile? Good luck! ???

Community members with this attitude are talking about our community? Seriuosly?
Idk why you think i'm answering your question? I just answered my personally view on this ... so what is your problem here?

Peace, Love & Bitshares

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:29:16 pm by cass »

Offline fuzzy

+love

+love is next.  I like that!  :)

Best to make these corrupt powers have to be transparent.  That is the biggest thing I've come to realize.  It makes me happy that we can actually for the first time in human history have all our power centers forced to work in transparency.  As soon as government is fully accountable to the people, everything will iron itself out...and we don't even need to fight.  That is definitely the outcome hoped for. 

Looking forward to it...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

I love you guys - but come on. Obama has been a good president, and my personal life, liberty and property has only become better in the past 8 years, not worse.

No, I didn't.

From loving the community to hating the community in 13 posts...

Offline fuzzy

No, I didn't.

This wasn't a post about Obama any more than it was about all the other political entities who have been working on plans like these for the better part of two generations.  I'm not sure why you seem angry about defending Obama. ..because in doing so you forgot the point of the discussion.

So let's clear things up: are you OK with super wealthy people from different countries all signing trade deals that make it possible for international conglomerates to sue you (and your children) when your country passes a law that is intended to be in your loved ones' best interest?  Are you cool with the specifics of that deal being largely protected from the pouring eyes of those politicians directly-electing constituents?   

There is no reason for this level of secrecy unless they know the American (and European) unrepresented Citizens would be pissed about the contents of said "trade agreements".

Now I'm wondering what's next...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:33:26 am by fuzzy »

TurkeyLeg

No, I didn't.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
There is alot of protest going on in Germany against TPP

TPP Worst ideas ever .. if TPP is coming here in europe i'm considering to move to china then.
I believe more and more, china is on of the favorite countries for achieving developer freedom …

And people just follow the track down into our ruin like Lemmings…

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:59:16 am by cass »

Offline bobmaloney

I love you guys - but come on. Obama has been a good president, and my personal life, liberty and property has only become better in the past 8 years, not worse.

:o

lol - That's a good one, Turkey.

It's good to see that people haven't lost their sense of humor.

Being sarcastically dismissive of someone's opinion is lame, Bob. And unfortunately all too common on this forum.

Frankly, it makes me want to HODL in silence and stop cheerleading.

Seriously?

Whining and playing the victim?

You're not going to find any amount of guilt or remorse here.

If you want to go ahead and make a claim like that, at least offer a bit of specific evidence when called out about it.

"Ridiculous claims require ridiculous proof" - Somebody
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Tuck Fheman

if you think Obama is interested in "world dominance"

Not "Obama", nor "the obama administration". It's ANY administration (government).

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm right there with you, Turkey. Obama is underrated.

TurkeyLeg

Being sarcastically dismissive of someone's opinion is lame, Bob. And unfortunately all too common on this forum.

Frankly, it makes me want to HODL in silence and stop cheerleading.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:30:52 am by TurkeyLeg »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline bobmaloney

- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline fuzzy

Thought this was a good thing to post considering the issues with Ripple.  I think it helps to provide context to just what we are up against...Be strong my fellow BitWarriors...Persistence is the best resistance. 

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1066310/pg1  <-----Courtesy of MRuss @abovetopsecret

The following is not my content, but the content of MRuss (thank you MRuss):

"This is one of those stories that has me wondering how anyone could possibly deny that Obama and his team are not a part of the push for global dominance.

But draw your own conclusions here.

Say you are a senator or a congressman and you'd like to ascertain the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Here's what you have to do:

1. You must go to a classified briefing.

2. Please leave your cell phones at the counter.

3. Oh, and while you're at it, leave your staff members at the counter, too.

4. Want to read the text of the deal? Scurry down to the basement.

5. Once you're there, you'll only be handed one section at a time.

6. Oh, and while you're reading it, someone is assigned to stand over you....and watch you.

7. Taking notes? Hand 'em over before you leave so the TPTB can see what you wrote.

8. And don't, when you leave, under any circumstances talk about this to anyone. Ever.

9. Did I mention you can't talk about this to anyone?

“It’s like being in kindergarten,” said Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), who’s become the leader of the opposition to President Barack Obama’s trade agenda. “You give back the toys at the end.”

Does the lack of transparency bother Obama? You decide:

Obama’s seeking a renewal of fast-track authority, which would empower him to negotiate trade deals that then go to Congress for up-or-down votes but not amendments. He says he needs that authority to complete the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a 12-country free trade agreement that he calls essential to stopping China from setting trade, labor and environmental standards in the Asia-Pacific region.

And the sheeple sleep.

At least the folks in Europe are protesting this during the election season in the UK. They're protesting big time.

What are people in America doing? WatchingTV? "

Abovetopsecret is maybe not the most legitimate website but I agree with you the TPP is EVIL and goes against democratic ideals.

I can find valid stuff like this all day long on ATS.  As always,  you have to be able to see things from a standpoint of reason and sift through occasional bs...but the truth is plain to see if you aren't afraid to really dig in.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Shhhh OP, you're affecting these companies "future profits" and that's a problem, mmkay.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Thought this was a good thing to post considering the issues with Ripple.  I think it helps to provide context to just what we are up against...Be strong my fellow BitWarriors...Persistence is the best resistance. 

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1066310/pg1  <-----Courtesy of MRuss @abovetopsecret

"This is one of those stories that has me wondering how anyone could possibly deny that Obama and his team are not a part of the push for global dominance.

Say you are a senator or a congressman and you'd like to ascertain the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Here's what you have to do:

6. Oh, and while you're reading it, someone is assigned to stand over you....and watch you.

7. Taking notes? Hand 'em over before you leave so the TPTB can see what you wrote.

8. And don't, when you leave, under any circumstances talk about this to anyone. Ever.

“It’s like being in kindergarten,” said Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), who’s become the leader of the opposition to President Barack Obama’s trade agenda. “You give back the toys at the end.”

Obama’s seeking a renewal of fast-track authority, which would empower him to negotiate trade deals that then go to Congress for up-or-down votes but not amendments. He says he needs that authority to complete the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a 12-country free trade agreement that he calls essential to stopping China from setting trade, labor and environmental standards in the Asia-Pacific region.

And the sheeple sleep.

At least the folks in Europe are protesting this during the election season in the UK. They're protesting big time.

Abovetopsecret is maybe not the most legitimate website but I agree with you the TPP is EVIL and goes against democratic ideals.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TurkeyLeg

Red tape is pervasive in government. These kind of protocols are not specific to the Obama administration or TPP. Also, if you think Obama is interested in "world dominance" then you really should slow down on the libertarian kool-aid.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:13:10 pm by TurkeyLeg »

Offline fuzzy

The powers that be be powerful no doubt. While the methods and technology has changed powerful people trying to rule the world has been the theme for thousands of years. We can just fight the good fight as we always do. I'm not too interested in protesting in public because other than raising the awareness of the distracted masses the architects are not subject to public opinion and therefore just ignore the protests.

The only concern I have is with this:
The blockchain protocol will be playing the part of the ring. Luckily for us, our ring is endlessly replicating and evolving.
^This is why I originally fell in love with PTS and donated for AGS. But it seems this has become an idea whose value has been lost on many.
Whether or not I am correct is a matter for the history books and I believe will become clearer over time.

It was so close. So so close. Still raises my blood pressure a bit when I think about it.

We are still young as a protocol...and the fact that we have had no pump and dump crews just throwing out DPoS chains has essentially been one of the reasons why there are not many out there.  This fact has proven very ironic to me...that somehow the pump and dump crews still end up pushing protocols in a way that an attempt to ethically create chains does not.  Counterintuitive to say the least.  Not sure where I stand. 

Offline Riverhead

The powers that be be powerful no doubt. While the methods and technology has changed powerful people trying to rule the world has been the theme for thousands of years. We can just fight the good fight as we always do. I'm not too interested in protesting in public because other than raising the awareness of the distracted masses the architects are not subject to public opinion and therefore just ignore the protests.

The blockchain protocol will be playing the part of the ring. Luckily for us, our ring is endlessly replicating and evolving.
^This is why I originally fell in love with PTS and donated for AGS. But it seems this has become an idea whose value has been lost on many.
Whether or not I am correct is a matter for the history books and I believe will become clearer over time.

It was so close. So so close. Still raises my blood pressure a bit when I think about it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:21:04 am by Riverhead »

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
To right fuzzy. Cat and bag....

Net of crypto only gets stronger and stronger  ;D

Offline fuzzy

Right, this stuff makes me so mad. F8ck them and their facist 'I want to rule the world' agenda. There is no wizard behind the curtain any more. Oz has been de-curtained and disrobed, standing naked before us all. Honestly. Only total psychopaths could possibly be involved in such a grubby, base, sick, linear, retarded and limited machination.  My friends it doesn't get much more ' Lord of the Rings' than this.  The blockchain protocol will be playing the part of the ring. Luckily for us, our ring is endlessly replicating and evolving. It also allows us to use it and produce benevolent outcomes rather than purely evil.  In order to put these psychos to bed permanently, we'll need every ounce of resolve and ingenuity we can muster. Remember, gigantic dark clouds may be building on the horizon but Lothlorien stands and Gandalf lives.

That. ..was amazing.   

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Right, this stuff makes me so mad. F8ck them and their facist 'I want to rule the world' agenda. There is no wizard behind the curtain any more. Oz has been de-curtained and disrobed, standing naked before us all. Honestly. Only total psychopaths could possibly be involved in such a grubby, base, sick, linear, retarded and limited machination.  My friends it doesn't get much more ' Lord of the Rings' than this.  The blockchain protocol will be playing the part of the ring. Luckily for us, our ring is endlessly replicating and evolving. It also allows us to use it and produce benevolent outcomes rather than purely evil.  In order to put these psychos to bed permanently, we'll need every ounce of resolve and ingenuity we can muster. Remember, gigantic dark clouds may be building on the horizon but Lothlorien stands and Gandalf lives.

+5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
There is alot of protest going on in Germany against TPP

Offline fuzzy

And the sheeple sleep.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:58:24 pm by fuzzy »