Author Topic: Details Behind The Secrecy of the TPP Trade Deal: Absolutely Mind Blowing  (Read 9781 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

I love you guys - but come on. Obama has been a good president, and my personal life, liberty and property has only become better in the past 8 years, not worse.

Did I say anything about TPP specifically in my post Bob, Cass, et al?

No, I didn't.

This "community" is such a joke and your attitudes on here are just as responsible for BitShares pitiful user adoption as anything else, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From loving the community to hating the community in 13 posts...

Offline fuzzy

No, I didn't.

This "community" is such a joke and your attitudes on here are just as responsible for BitShares pitiful user adoption as anything else, IMHO.

This wasn't a post about Obama any more than it was about all the other political entities who have been working on plans like these for the better part of two generations.  I'm not sure why you seem angry about defending Obama. ..because in doing so you forgot the point of the discussion.

So let's clear things up: are you OK with super wealthy people from different countries all signing trade deals that make it possible for international conglomerates to sue you (and your children) when your country passes a law that is intended to be in your loved ones' best interest?  Are you cool with the specifics of that deal being largely protected from the pouring eyes of those politicians directly-electing constituents?   

There is no reason for this level of secrecy unless they know the American (and European) unrepresented Citizens would be pissed about the contents of said "trade agreements".

Now I'm wondering what's next...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:33:26 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TurkeyLeg

No, I didn't.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
There is alot of protest going on in Germany against TPP

TPP Worst ideas ever .. if TPP is coming here in europe i'm considering to move to china then.
I believe more and more, china is on of the favorite countries for achieving developer freedom …

And people just follow the track down into our ruin like Lemmings…

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:59:16 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bobmaloney

I love you guys - but come on. Obama has been a good president, and my personal life, liberty and property has only become better in the past 8 years, not worse.

:o

lol - That's a good one, Turkey.

It's good to see that people haven't lost their sense of humor.

Being sarcastically dismissive of someone's opinion is lame, Bob. And unfortunately all too common on this forum.

Frankly, it makes me want to HODL in silence and stop cheerleading.

Seriously?

Whining and playing the victim?

You're not going to find any amount of guilt or remorse here.

If you want to go ahead and make a claim like that, at least offer a bit of specific evidence when called out about it.

"Ridiculous claims require ridiculous proof" - Somebody
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Tuck Fheman

if you think Obama is interested in "world dominance"

Not "Obama", nor "the obama administration". It's ANY administration (government).

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm right there with you, Turkey. Obama is underrated.

TurkeyLeg

Being sarcastically dismissive of someone's opinion is lame, Bob. And unfortunately all too common on this forum.

Frankly, it makes me want to HODL in silence and stop cheerleading.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:30:52 am by TurkeyLeg »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline fuzzy

Thought this was a good thing to post considering the issues with Ripple.  I think it helps to provide context to just what we are up against...Be strong my fellow BitWarriors...Persistence is the best resistance. 

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1066310/pg1  <-----Courtesy of MRuss @abovetopsecret

The following is not my content, but the content of MRuss (thank you MRuss):

"This is one of those stories that has me wondering how anyone could possibly deny that Obama and his team are not a part of the push for global dominance.

But draw your own conclusions here.

Say you are a senator or a congressman and you'd like to ascertain the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Here's what you have to do:

1. You must go to a classified briefing.

2. Please leave your cell phones at the counter.

3. Oh, and while you're at it, leave your staff members at the counter, too.

4. Want to read the text of the deal? Scurry down to the basement.

5. Once you're there, you'll only be handed one section at a time.

6. Oh, and while you're reading it, someone is assigned to stand over you....and watch you.

7. Taking notes? Hand 'em over before you leave so the TPTB can see what you wrote.

8. And don't, when you leave, under any circumstances talk about this to anyone. Ever.

9. Did I mention you can't talk about this to anyone?

“It’s like being in kindergarten,” said Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), who’s become the leader of the opposition to President Barack Obama’s trade agenda. “You give back the toys at the end.”

Does the lack of transparency bother Obama? You decide:

Obama’s seeking a renewal of fast-track authority, which would empower him to negotiate trade deals that then go to Congress for up-or-down votes but not amendments. He says he needs that authority to complete the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a 12-country free trade agreement that he calls essential to stopping China from setting trade, labor and environmental standards in the Asia-Pacific region.

And the sheeple sleep.

At least the folks in Europe are protesting this during the election season in the UK. They're protesting big time.

What are people in America doing? WatchingTV? "

Abovetopsecret is maybe not the most legitimate website but I agree with you the TPP is EVIL and goes against democratic ideals.

I can find valid stuff like this all day long on ATS.  As always,  you have to be able to see things from a standpoint of reason and sift through occasional bs...but the truth is plain to see if you aren't afraid to really dig in.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Shhhh OP, you're affecting these companies "future profits" and that's a problem, mmkay.