Author Topic: Trying to Update New OSX Wallet  (Read 2126 times)

Offline leon

• View Profile
"maybe also keep the wallets folder in ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares "

So you mean I should keep everything that is already inside ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X

but then also create the following folder

~/Library/Application Support/BitShares

and put the wallet.dat file there?

What's the reason for that?  Thanks!
I have a question regarding this,my folder Bitshares from ~/Library/Application Support disappeared.What would be the reason?

Offline jaredboice

• View Profile
"maybe also keep the wallets folder in ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares "

So you mean I should keep everything that is already inside ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X

but then also create the following folder

~/Library/Application Support/BitShares

and put the wallet.dat file there?

What's the reason for that?  Thanks!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
how do I proceed with the installation if they have different names so as to not lose my coins? 

Is the following correct?

1) Backup Existing Wallet
2) Delete the older version of Bitshares that is already installed
3) Install new version with new name (still points to blockchain/wallet in same locations?)
Yes this is correct ... Keep a backup .. maybe also keep the wallets folder in ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares
and also REMEMBER THE PASSPHRASE .. because the private keys are encrypted in all backups!!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'm trying to update the new wallet on mac osx.  When I dragged the new client into the applications folder, instead of replacing the old file it added a new one since they had different file names.
how do I proceed with the installation if they have different names so as to not lose my coins? 
3) Install new version with new name (still points to blockchain/wallet in same locations?)
thanks in advance!

Hi @jaredboice thanx for the note and Welcome! :)
FYI - I'm a Linux and Windows guy, so I just paged a Tech to help ya out with this one.
Thanx for your patience and again Welcome :)
  -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jaredboice

• View Profile
I'm trying to update the new wallet on mac osx.  When I dragged the new client into the applications folder, instead of replacing the old file it added a new one since they had different file names.

thanks in advance!