Author Topic: The Bagholders -The Secret Devlopment of Graphene and who paid for it.  (Read 1970 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bytemaster

An example of an "ungrateful investor" is the following situation:

100 people invest  $1000 each in a company to build a product.  They hire hire a developer who works for them for a year to produce their product.  At the end of the year, the developer moves on to another job.   The product isn't quite done yet.   The investors have a half finished product that is unable to earn them a return.

A new investor comes in with an offer to add another $100,000 to the pot to hire the developer for another year and this new investor only demands 40% equity.    The original 100 investors are split.   Some are very happy that their investment has new life, others are pissed that they have been diluted.. still others demand that the original developer work for free for as long as it takes.   

Each and every day people are spending capital to grow the value of BitShares.   The angels that gave us the initial funds only got us so far and we had to raise another round.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phillyguy

Of course it's possible to be an ungrateful investor. I'm not saying your are one Tonyk. Satisfaction is in the eye of the beholder and rather depends on your reasons for investing and a million other things.

Perhaps there will come a time when every holder of Bitshares will be very happy, I hope so.  Will that invalidate all the criticism and accusations for anyone who has felt aggrieved along the way? Of course not. All the feedback has helped to articulate this communities expectations and guide the analysis of what has been accomplished so far. It is all a rich tapestry of our interactions as we learn and implement our way to success.

I feel bad for anyone who has put money into Bitshares, lost hope, sold and lost out. It would be great if they all come back and join in the success we all hope is around the corner.

We've probably all been through periods of time where we could classify ourselves as ungrateful investors...

Well said!!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Investors shouldn't be grateful, they should seek a ROI. The only thing important to an investor is getting as much of a ROI as possible.

We aren't investors. We donated time, money, but that is not investing. The developers don't owe anyone anything and choose to give back out of the kindness of their hearts.

Of course people want to get back an equal or greater amount than they give but that isn't guaranteed.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Of course it's possible to be an ungrateful investor. I'm not saying your are one Tonyk. Satisfaction is in the eye of the beholder and rather depends on your reasons for investing and a million other things.

Perhaps there will come a time when every holder of Bitshares will be very happy, I hope so.  Will that invalidate all the criticism and accusations for anyone who has felt aggrieved along the way? Of course not. All the feedback has helped to articulate this communities expectations and guide the analysis of what has been accomplished so far. It is all a rich tapestry of our interactions as we learn and implement our way to success.

I feel bad for anyone who has put money into Bitshares, lost hope, sold and lost out. It would be great if they all come back and join in the success we all hope is around the corner.

We've probably all been through periods of time where we could classify ourselves as ungrateful investors...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Chapter I
The Phenomenon of Ungrateful Investors

I sat up writing this book provoked by human behavior. More to the fact - provoked by a recent accusations of being ungrateful investor?!...

"It gave me a real hard time processing it at first ... How can one accuse his investors of being ungrateful, after kindly taking their money? But you can, apparently.  All you need to do is convince all previous bag holders that taking their money is the way of the...."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:15:43 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Do you think this is a good title ...for a book?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:05:42 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.