Author Topic: Walk Me Through How I Go From Owning PTS on Exchange to Getting My Future Shares  (Read 6306 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

A breakthrough, adding the nodes in the debug console (i.e. addnode 180.183.205.118 add) listed by - Primecoindude (thanks) seems to be working, block chain is updating!!!

I created a text file and named it protoshares.conf and added the  addnode=168.63.12.227 with no luck connecting.

I added

addnode=cryptoseed.cloudapp.net
addnode=180.183.205.118
addnode=162.243.67.4
addnode=162.243.54.126
addnode=37.139.29.236
addnode=64.90.183.137
addnode=180.183.205.118
addnode=61.238.157.8
addnode=54.254.192.95
addnode=54.207.21.146
addnode=54.206.30.227
addnode=54.219.164.14
addnode=146.185.172.136
addnode=162.243.14.13
addnode=94.23.215.174

these to the protoshares.conf file and declicked the "connect through SOCKS-proxy" box (which was really hard to do to make the changes stay) and still showing (out of sync).

This can't be that hard. How do I delete the wallet and completely remove it from my computer so I can try to start the whole process over from the beginning starting with where I can download the latest version that (hopefully) works.

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile
I saw that and it looks helpful, but I can't even get the wallet to update why is that?

Read my post on page 3 here it should do the trick..
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=355.0

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
currencydebt,

Can you add this line to your protoshares.conf and restart?  If you don't have a protoshares.conf just create one with only that line.  It goes in the protoshares directory in your user directory on Windows, Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Protoshares...

addnode=168.63.12.227

Offline bytemaster

I saw that and it looks helpful, but I can't even get the wallet to update why is that?

What version of the client do you have?  Qt 0.2.0?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Make sure you have ProtoShares-Qt 0.2.0

Yes ProtoShares-Qt 0.2.0,  I downloaded it from the exchange and now I downloaded it from the bitcointalk forum, still the same thing... Wallet and Recent transactions Out of Sync and No block source available 7 weeks behind

Offline seraphim

How come my wallet is (out of sync), its been open for a long time and it does nothing? I've tried to add the nodes mentioned here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=57.0 to my help>debug>console with no change.

Once I get the wallet working, I would then ask my exchange to send the MemoryCoin into my PTS wallet?

You need a memorycoin wallet for your memorycoins.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline bytemaster

How come my wallet is (out of sync), its been open for a long time and it does nothing? I've tried to add the nodes mentioned here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=57.0 to my help>debug>console with no change.

Once I get the wallet working, I would then ask my exchange to send the MemoryCoin into my PTS wallet?

Make sure you have ProtoShares-Qt 0.2.0
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
You'll need the private keys for your ProtoShares balance to claim your MemoryCoin distribution. If your balance is held at an exchange, the exchange will hold the private keys and be able to make the claim. However it is uncertain how different exchanges will handle this. To be certain of receiving your full distribution, I recommend holding your full balance off-exchange, and in a single address for simplicy.

Does this mean I still get in on the MemoryCoin 2.0? If so, what do I ask/do at my exchange?

Well, you would have to contact the exchange, and ask about whether or not they would send you the MemoryCoins that you should have gotten. If you're lucky, they'll be willing to send some, or maybe even all, of the MemoryCoins your PTS created. If you aren't lucky, they could easily say that they're only required to pay you what you deposited and what you earned by trading. This is a very tricky scenario, since PTS is the first coin that generates more value in the form of new shares when a DAC is released. I wish you the best of luck!
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

You'll need the private keys for your ProtoShares balance to claim your MemoryCoin distribution. If your balance is held at an exchange, the exchange will hold the private keys and be able to make the claim. However it is uncertain how different exchanges will handle this. To be certain of receiving your full distribution, I recommend holding your full balance off-exchange, and in a single address for simplicy.

Does this mean I still get in on the MemoryCoin 2.0? If so, what do I ask/do at my exchange?

Offline seraphim

Meet you on STEEM

Offline MrMeow

• View Profile
Technically you didn't miss any DAC shares, although you did miss memory coin 2.0 honoring the PTS social contract with 1 memory coin for every 10 PTS you owned.

When was that? I've been mining since Nov 24th and didn't get any memory coins.