Author Topic: Running 0.9.1 windows 7 64-bit 4gb ram  (Read 2086 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Puh ..
may it be that in the properties of the executable you can deactivate that the terminal window is closed immediately? That way we may take a closer look at the output .. not sure if this is possible though

paging @vikram : an idea?

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
mmm, a new roaming Bitshares folder was created but same problem....client crashes almost immediately or initial screen just sits there.  Also, tried to run the terminal only....same issue there too.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I found the "bitshares_client.exe" executeable and ran it and a terminal window pops up with loading blockchain from: & loading config file from: then some more text flashes down the terminal and it shuts down before i can read any of it.  The terminal closes within seconds every time, i can't interact with it at all.  It's bad isn't it.... :'(
wouldn't say so perse ..
try the following:
a) go to %APPDATA%\Roaming\
b) Rename the "BitShares" folder (DO NOT DELETE!!!!)
c) Rerun the bitshares client ..
d) let the client sync (hopefully)
e) close the client with "quit"
f) go to your rename BitShares folder and copy the "wallets" directory into the newly created BitShares folder
g) open the GUI as usual

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
could you locate the "bitshares_client.exe" executeable in the install directory and run that instead of the GUI ..
a terminal window should popup stating some stuff about network, maybe replay, and or connections to the seed nodes ..
if you see ">>>" type "getinfo" and press enter ... the results should give you a number for "blockchain_head_block_age" which is in the seconds or minutes ..
if not the client will sync with the network automatically ... which will take some time ..

if something else happens, just paste the results here.

I found the "bitshares_client.exe" executeable and ran it and a terminal window pops up with loading blockchain from: & loading config file from: then some more text flashes down the terminal and it shuts down before i can read any of it.  The terminal closes within seconds every time, i can't interact with it at all.  It's bad isn't it.... :'(

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Thanks very much xeroc, I'll give that a try after I get home this eve.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
could you locate the "bitshares_client.exe" executeable in the install directory and run that instead of the GUI ..
a terminal window should popup stating some stuff about network, maybe replay, and or connections to the seed nodes ..
if you see ">>>" type "getinfo" and press enter ... the results should give you a number for "blockchain_head_block_age" which is in the seconds or minutes ..
if not the client will sync with the network automatically ... which will take some time ..

if something else happens, just paste the results here.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up kenCode. I'm really hoping to get this sorted by Tuesday so I can meet a commitment I've made to datasecuritynode...

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Mine too. My laptop is just about dead. I just paged a few Devs to Tech Support so hopefully they'll chime in on your windows issue here.

On the bright side, the Moonstone wallet is just a couple more weeks out from what I understand and you'll be able to import your json backup directly.
No more blockchain sync time and sys overhead. :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I haven't been able to connect to my account for several versions and I'm starting to think my laptop just isn't up to it. I have 2.2gb of memory available. My symptoms are that when I attempt to run the client it either immediately closes due to a critical error or it stays on the blue bitshares screen with Starting BitShares at the bottom but nothing seems to be happening. I've left it in that state for over 24hrs before and the client still would not start afterwards.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.