Author Topic: Enabling Blocknet Inter-Blockchain Functionality  (Read 3886 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Just saw that Ethereum is going to enable Blocknet for inter-blockchain functionality http://cointelegraph.com/news/114228/blocknet-adding-ethereum-to-suite-of-supported-currencies and it made me wonder whether Bitshares has considered this at all?

It would be great to have pegged assets on the decentralized Blocknet exchange, and to allow people to pay for Ethereum services in BitUSD and so on.

Mentioned this to the community 6 months ago and no one was interested. They even have the code written to enable ACCT so I don't know why not.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

I don't really know if they are scammers or not but calling them out like that is pretty classless unless there is a consensus with hard proof that it is true, and in whcih case they probably would have withered away into non-existance by now.

Imho they are scammers in the same way the bankers who sold sub-prime mortgages are scammers - James' many assets are so complex and over-lapping, with multiple assets created for very similar things, that it just looks like a deliberate attempt to befuddle people. He's a master at creating an asset for something, then changing its remit and creating another asset for basically the same thing and raising more money. Meanwhile, he is gets to the 10th asset sold without having delivered on the 1st.

Perhaps, i would reserve judgement until I see that the assets aren't doing what they are supposed to.. or people call him out on it.. i havene treally heard much about people complaining too much maybe noone is really investing in them.. from limited convo with him seems he wants to do good, not sure if inside hes thinking otherwise but first impression was that he isn't scamming anyone.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

I don't really know if they are scammers or not but calling them out like that is pretty classless unless there is a consensus with hard proof that it is true, and in whcih case they probably would have withered away into non-existance by now.

Imho they are scammers in the same way the bankers who sold sub-prime mortgages are scammers - James' many assets are so complex and over-lapping, with multiple assets created for very similar things, that it just looks like a deliberate attempt to befuddle people. He's a master at creating an asset for something, then changing its remit and creating another asset for basically the same thing and raising more money. Meanwhile, he is gets to the 10th asset sold without having delivered on the 1st.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
We should reach out to James of supernet.. im sure he/she would be interested and would bridge gap between nxt and bitshares.

Why do not just do it (i.e. contact your favorite character "Super" James) instead of posting this????

And no...he is NOT*....

*NOT - as in not Super and/or interested in cooperation with BTS!
Im on the slack i will ask, if multiple people showed interest it would probably prompt a more immediate response.. the guy is insanely busy writing code pretty much 14 hours a day and rarely responds.

All I am saying is it is pretty annoying to promote on this forum greedy scammers that have nothing but hatred for BTS ... well documented, baseless hatred. And yes he is busy 14-16h/day to scam more people, imho.

BTW what are you, yourself exactly working on as of late? Last I checked you have a 100% delegate for wha?t 6 mo. now and the last thing I heard was unfinished in any way shape or form shopping carts plug-ins????

unfinished? you even try to use them? I'm working on a few things. One is to bridge a decentralized marketplace through ecommerce shopping carts which will accept bitshares (syscoin decentralized marketplace)... and another is working with datasecuritynode on the some bitshares projects he wants to do for delegates (meaning to integrate the wordpress plugin and then anything else on top he needs).

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:43:23 pm by jsidhu »

zerosum

We should reach out to James of supernet.. im sure he/she would be interested and would bridge gap between nxt and bitshares.

Why do not just do it (i.e. contact your favorite character "Super" James) instead of posting this????

And no...he is NOT*....

Im on the slack i will ask, if multiple people showed interest it would probably prompt a more immediate response.. the guy is insanely busy writing code pretty much 14 hours a day and rarely responds.

All I am saying is it is pretty annoying to promote on this forum greedy scammers that have nothing but hatred for BTS ... well documented, baseless hatred. And yes he is busy 14-16h/day to scam more people, imho.

BTW what are you, yourself exactly working on as of late? Last I checked you have a 100% delegate for wha?t 6 mo. now and the last thing I heard was unfinished in any way shape or form shopping carts plug-ins????

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Syscoin didn't pay any fee actually they accumulated 10% of current supply at the market and caused a rise in the exchange rate... opposite of imposing a fee. They must have the tokens to be able to use them across the chains.

10% of Bitshares is a cool 1 million. Can they afford that?

I know they have alot of BTC but i dont know if its worth it for them to do it.. I can ask anyhow. But if blocknet doesn't need it then perhaps it is atleast something to purseu

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

Syscoin didn't pay any fee actually they accumulated 10% of current supply at the market and caused a rise in the exchange rate... opposite of imposing a fee. They must have the tokens to be able to use them across the chains.

10% of Bitshares is every single BTS being traded on the btc38.  There is no way to get that much.

Therefore there's no point even talking about Bitshares being part of Supernet - it would cost far too much money. Whether its them or us that pay is irrelevant if neither side can afford it.

Blocknet does not require any coins, you just add the XBridge code and you are good to go with inter-operability across blockchains. I think that's probably why Ethereum chose it - like Bitshares, 10% of the Ethereum supply is just far to much to even consider buying or giving away.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

10% of Bitshares is every single BTS being traded on the btc38.  There is no way to get that much.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

And no...he is NOT*....

zerosum

And no...he is NOT*....

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

at the end we will get all a big family without hate for each other...  :)

Hopefully ;)

Btw I think Supernet has a large joining fee but Blocknet doesn't.

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

Hopefully ;)

Btw I think Supernet has a large joining fee but Blocknet doesn't.

38PTSWarrior

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani