Author Topic: BitShares needs a professional SEO/SEP Delegate... oh, and WHALES.  (Read 21570 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
(he's probably masturbating in a corner right now)
oh boi  :D :D :D
i almost spit water all over my keyboard.

Yah real men do it in the middle of the room?

(?????????)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline JA

• View Profile
(he's probably masturbating in a corner right now)
oh boi  :D :D :D
i almost spit water all over my keyboard.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx gamey :)

Ya know this sucks tho man, we almost had the Roster DONE and some snot nosed kid comes in there, f*cks it up (good thing I do backup copies every 30min) and now it sits there. Akado sent me his email address and I gave him edit permissions again, but man I was in there working and we'd have like 10 people at a time in there working on it all at once. It's was cool to watch everyone working together in real-time. :-\

All it took was for one kid (he's probably masturbating in a corner right now) to ruin it for all of us.

Everyone can comment on it, Full Members and up can edit (just email me).

I'll PM @svk and see if I can help him integrate these additional values with the btsblocks/delegates table. (github?)

god, i feel so disgusted right now. if that kid was in reach, my non-aggression principle would fly right out the window.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
While I do admire your energy (specifically I like you 'desire to thank everybody who voted for you in a separate post' gig)

I have one question.
Who exactly appointed you to the  "All should respond/report to me and should be held accountable by me" position?

Just curious?

We need to support the people in the community who lead the charge to take action, not denigrate them.

Also, you shouldnt interpret this spreadsheet as "report to KenCode or else".  It is a community informational spreadsheet on delegate info.  We've needed it for a while. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Bytemaster replied to my PM saying that Bitshares.org will be getting re-worked with some additional content in the not to distant future. He accepted my offer to help with the optimization once they've done that.

Those kind of replies are all too common. Please have BM clarify exactly *who* has been assigned to the task of redesigning the website, *who* is the expert assigned to the seo/sep, *what* exactly (details) will be done to the ui/ux and by *when* it will be completed and posted online for approval by the community before its launch.

I do not have time for word games so please have him report on these details, thank you @profitofthegods :)

While I do admire your energy (specifically I like you 'desire to thank everybody who voted for you in a separate post' gig)

I have one question.
Who exactly appointed you to the  "All should respond/report to me and should be held accountable by me" position?

Just curious?

Perhaps the utter and complete lack of leadership on the project outside of the development team left such a vacuum that poor Ken was sucked into that void. 

If someone chooses to not listen to Ken then nothing changes. 

This place needs at least one community motivator.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:21:48 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Bytemaster replied to my PM saying that Bitshares.org will be getting re-worked with some additional content in the not to distant future. He accepted my offer to help with the optimization once they've done that.

Those kind of replies are all too common. Please have BM clarify exactly *who* has been assigned to the task of redesigning the website, *who* is the expert assigned to the seo/sep, *what* exactly (details) will be done to the ui/ux and by *when* it will be completed and posted online for approval by the community before its launch.

I do not have time for word games so please have him report on these details, thank you @profitofthegods :)

I have one question.

Just curious?

I think you're taking that too literally tony. Someone needs to have the initiative, otherwise things won't get done. And everyone who wants can help so it's not like that in my opinion.

As for delegates, I think they should indeed report to this or a specific thread regarding the info that is needed for the document. A delegate should worry about that kind of stuff, about transparency and at least, showing off his work, at least if I was one, I would be proud to show how I've contributed to BitShares. People shouldn't have to worry about the delegates username on the forum or his github account page, the delegates themselves should to that and be active enough on the forums to notice and post here. Delegates come with responsibilities, a minimum of transparency is needed and that's just what we want here
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:23:31 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

I have one question.

Just curious?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx to some child typing "pooper scooper" (luckily I was in there at that moment witnessing his copy/paste bs) I have locked the document.

From this point forward, if you would like to help us finish the document, please email me your email address so that I can allow you direct access and I can see who edits what.

Un-freakin-believable.

My email address is: ken@BitShares-Munich.de
Thank you in advance,
  -ken

Edit: ONLY forum members that are "Full Member" and higher will be granted access to the DAR at this point. >:(
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx to some child typing "pooper scooper" (luckily I was in there at that moment witnessing his copy/paste bs) I have locked the document.

From this point forward, if you would like to help us finish the document, please email me your email address so that I can allow you direct access and I can see who edits what.

Un-freakin-believable.

My email address is: ken@BitShares-Munich.de
Thank you in advance,
  -ken

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mint chocolate chip

here is my seo contribution
https://beyondbitcoin.org/10-bitshares-related-projects-to-lookout-for-in-2015/

if you have anything to add just reply or pm me.

If you think this is good i can try to writer more stuff but i don't know atm what topic to choose.
very nice, I linked your article in my blog.  In addition to Ken's suggestions, consider writing topics that will have a title and content that connect with commonly searched phrases from our crypto niche.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

In the past BM was commenting daily on all the threads he felt he could add his input. It changed, because what he said was constantly interpreted in various ways (language barrier, FUDers taking advantage of the lack of clarity, etc.) and caused massive panics and severe issues. He learned from that, and now he very seldomly intervenes on the forum, and when he does he reveals very little, except when he wants the community's input on various propositions. Everything that is said by him or the team on the forum has now to be vetted.

So from what he hinted several times in the last few weeks, it appears there's a global plan that is currently being worked on behind the scenes, and we should learn about it in the next month or so. Is it BS? I don't know, but I'm willing to take the bet that it isn't. My bet is that he wouldn't do the same mistake twice, hyping the crowd by hinting to big things and then not delivering.

So before you realize you've been working on something that has already been worked on by the dev team and that what you've done is only duplicate work, do you think it would be a good idea to validate with the team that you're putting your efforts in the right direction? (If you haven't already done it, that is)

I understand and like your sense of urgency, and I've told you so in a different thread. But getting focused on the right priorities is as important as getting the work done.

If you've already been in contact with BM or the team and your questions haven't been answered clearly, just disregard this post lol

In any case, keep up the good work!  +5%

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

I am not comfortable being so pushy with him. When it is redesigned I will do the on-page SEO, until then there are other things I can do.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
here is my seo contribution
https://beyondbitcoin.org/10-bitshares-related-projects-to-lookout-for-in-2015/
if you have anything to add just reply or pm me.
If you think this is good i can try to writer more stuff but i don't know atm what topic to choose.

Great job jabbajabba!
If I could suggest one thing tho, is to use descriptive text for the actual href's. Search engine food for indexing.
So, when linking to MineBitShares for example, make the link on that one something like this instead (JUST as an example is all I'm sayin):
Code: [Select]
yadda yadda and <a href="http://www.minebitshares.com">reuse your old Bitcoin mining equipment</a> yadda yadda
also, linking their logo to its png file doesn't help search engine indexing. we want them to index the content and *what* Minebitshares does more than anything else (use descriptive img alt="" params too) so that when people search for earning money with their old bitcoin mining equipment, then google will know to display the minebitshares url in the search results, because you have then told google *what* Minebitshares actually does. hope that made sense :o

Do that same sort of descriptive linking for every company you have listed on that page.

Great work jabbajabba thank you!!!!!! :)
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat