Author Topic: BitShares needs a professional SEO/SEP Delegate... oh, and WHALES.  (Read 21725 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
here is my seo contribution
https://beyondbitcoin.org/10-bitshares-related-projects-to-lookout-for-in-2015/

if you have anything to add just reply or pm me.

If you think this is good i can try to writer more stuff but i don't know atm what topic to choose.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
What BitShares also needs is a crystal clear business plan (product description, market potential, profitability expectation) and strategy (development timetable, marketing plan), even if that means bringing in some good advice. This is required to attract real funds for development and fast-track growth, rather than operating on time charity.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:50:53 am by starspirit »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Sorry Ken, I was too harsh with you, hit the wrong guy.. I love this list! GOOD advertisement for my enterprise! Thank you!

Thank you for your work too 38PTSWarrior :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Sorry Ken, I was too harsh with you, hit the wrong guy.. I love this list! GOOD advertisement for my enterprise! Thank you!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yeah, that and the silly comments somebody is in there making, along with cursewords and such.

Let's stick to just the facts on people, please.

I strip those things out as fast as they appear though, I'm trying anyways.
I really need some help with the forum usernames column too, and the delegate proposal url's.
trying to find those url's sucks bigtime because the search feature of this forum sucks. Did I say sucks? It sucks.
www.PalmPay.chat

jakub

Can we remove the red comments? (made by tonyk I guess)
They might be funny but it looks highly unprofessional.
The link to the roster is in public domain now - we should be more careful how we might be perceived by the outside world.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Alt's delegate is "delegate.baozi" and not delegate.bitsuperlab I don't know why he is in the red. My guess is someone has placed the wrong Forum Name? Name of the members can be found here though I don't know who is responsible for that particular delegate http://www.bitsuperlab.com/ nor am I up to date with his job. I'm not placing him on the red. Just don't know his username on the forums

We're missing a lot of info there, which honestly, delegates themselves should be providing. It's in their best interest to do so. Maybe we should create a new thread with a template with

Ok, I have moved Alt up a bit, not sure if I should remove the red yet though (you can do this too) as it appears he has 3 delegates? That can't be right, or?

Secondly, I have created the Delegate Accountability Roster (DAR) thread as per your request, here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16336.0.html
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Alt's delegate is "delegate.baozi" and not delegate.bitsuperlab I don't know why he is in the red. My guess is someone has placed the wrong Forum Name? Name of the members can be found here though I don't know who is responsible for that particular delegate http://www.bitsuperlab.com/ nor am I up to date with his job. I'm not placing him on the red. Just don't know his username on the forums

We're missing a lot of info there, which honestly, delegates themselves should be providing. It's in their best interest to do so. Maybe we should create a new thread with a template with

Forum Name:
Delegate Name:
Proof of Work Link:
Duties:

for them to fill. it should be easier for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:31:41 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Attracting any investor, especially whales, require the things I have outlined above. User Experience. Pitch and close. Every web property we manage (esp. bitshares.org, metaexchange, bitsharesblocks, even this forum should be higher end like Discourse) needs to attract click-ins.
Please let's do this right now.

I met with a whale in person for 2 hours yesterday too. His biggest thing was showing me how cool and easy to use the ripple websites were. ripple.com, ripplecharts, etc. He really didn't care how decentralized we were or how fast our block times were. He can sell us to his clients, but he has also said that our websites and gui's need to be completely redone by a pro. Yes, a pro that is used to making $100+ per hour all day long.

IMO, a true value of company comes from profit, not from a design. I agree with your idea, but the priority is make a profit-generating system. Our 6-month PER is -193, which means we didn't make any profit through this DAC. (surely, my calculation can be wrong) Attracting investors are also easy... show them high profits

Anyway, please keep doing your great works Ken! :)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Tuck Fheman

Those charts are the best idea I've heard yet. (look ~5 posts up..). Nice value add there.

Does Ripple have a decentralized client with charts like this? ;)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Can we do banner advertisement? I've never seen BTS ads on the web. We can declare "BitAssets - The world's first cryptocurrency with stable value"

I don't know about you guys, but I've inadvertently trained my eyes to ignore ads on the web these days. I think paying for banner or column ads would be a waste of money. If we could get Bitpay or other centralized exchanges to link to us however, that would help our alexa rank quite a bit.

The problem of us is that almost all of articles and news on Blockchain 2.0 ignore Bitshares. They mention Ethereum, Namecoin, Counterparty, Ripple, and so forth, but no BItshares. They even don't know there already exist decentralized exchange and value pegged assets.If I have a 100% delegate, I will spend all of my money lobbying journalists.

Oh I forgot this. I am trying to attract traditional investors now. I don't have any reliable sources (like forbes, NYT, etc.) to show.

Attracting media is pretty easy (Let's talk bitcoin, cointelegraph amanda, cointelegraph mike ward, etc). Getting journalists doesn't cost us anything. Show them the many positive things that BitShares is bringing and voila.

Attracting any investor, especially whales, require the things I have outlined above. User Experience. Pitch and close. Every web property we manage (esp. bitshares.org, metaexchange, bitsharesblocks, even this forum should be higher end like Discourse) needs to attract click-ins.

I met with a whale in person for 2 hours yesterday too. His biggest thing was showing me how cool and easy to use the ripple websites were. ripple.com, ripplecharts, etc. He really didn't care how decentralized we were or how fast our block times were. He can sell us to his clients, but he has also said that our websites and gui's need to be completely redone by a pro. Yes, a pro that is used to making $100+ per hour all day long.

Those charts are the best idea I've heard yet. (look ~5 posts up..). Nice value add there.
Adding the Accountability Roster's info to Bitsharesblocks will be another. Transparency.

Once we weed out some of the red on the roster, I will bring us a couple hard working web pros. I'm very good at screening new employees. I know entire communities of high-end web designers that are willing to work for crypto, but I won't go and recruit their services until we clean things up first. I think some delegates have just gotten burned out, their short attention span has killed their motivation. Please help us edit their info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hh8jgvruJmWm4UDRJSSdz3rUqBDDEQWfjzMwJUI3z1o/edit#gid=0
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Can we do banner advertisement? I've never seen BTS ads on the web. We can declare "BitAssets - The world's first cryptocurrency with stable value"

I don't know about you guys, but I've inadvertently trained my eyes to ignore ads on the web these days. I think paying for banner or column ads would be a waste of money. If we could get Bitpay or other centralized exchanges to link to us however, that would help our alexa rank quite a bit.

The problem of us is that almost all of articles and news on Blockchain 2.0 ignore Bitshares. They mention Ethereum, Namecoin, Counterparty, Ripple, and so forth, but no BItshares. They even don't know there already exist decentralized exchange and value pegged assets.If I have a 100% delegate, I will spend all of my money lobbying journalists.

Oh I forgot this. I am trying to attract traditional investors now. I don't have any reliable sources (like forbes, NYT, etc.) to show.
delegate-clayop

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
delegate-clayop

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yeah, I know, I said I was just thinkin out loud.
We need one or two catchy phrases that makes anyone want to click in further.

Something that pulls you in and peaks your curiosity, know what I mean?

Secondly, the Accountability Roster is only about 50% complete so far. Feel free to add stuff where you see fit, please:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hh8jgvruJmWm4UDRJSSdz3rUqBDDEQWfjzMwJUI3z1o/edit#gid=0

Edit: I see a lot of red text on the Roster now
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:46:03 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat