Author Topic: BitShares needs a professional SEO/SEP Delegate... oh, and WHALES.  (Read 21805 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Saying anything about 5% a day makes it sound like a scam.

this. and it would be a lie.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Saying anything about 5% a day makes it sound like a scam.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
How can we be an exchange if we do not have charts that show active trading happening? Our exchange should have charts on the website, I might know that I can go to an external site like bitsharesblocks to find a chart of BitGOLD, BitUSD, or the relevant UIA's like NOTE, but the average user and first-time visitor do not know that. This has been discussed many times, but it does not happen and it is probably keeping us from closing our visitors by getting them to sign-up and become users.

@bitsharesblog.com +5% +5% +5%
Bingo! Now that's a great idea! A real-time candlestick chart(s) ticking to the left every couple of seconds so the page has some motion on it. tickers are great, but colorful charting action, ie: https://www.ripplecharts.com

Motion creates emotion, like I mentioned twice above. It doesn't have to have a full window video background, but if there is always some motion and color, the emotion that comes from that entices the visitor, starts conversation, lures click-throughs......

also, these catch phrases are just me thinking out loud, but you get my drift:
"Buy 1 ounce of bitSILVER and you can earn over 5% returns every, single, day."
"Put your bank to shame- Owning even 1 BitAsset can pay out over 5% every, single, day."

Sounds very sales pitchy with that kind of lingo, and it sounds like your saying that every day you earn 5% on bitSilver... Maybe something closer to "Find out why bitSilver needs to be in your portfolio"

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
How can we be an exchange if we do not have charts that show active trading happening? Our exchange should have charts on the website, I might know that I can go to an external site like bitsharesblocks to find a chart of BitGOLD, BitUSD, or the relevant UIA's like NOTE, but the average user and first-time visitor do not know that. This has been discussed many times, but it does not happen and it is probably keeping us from closing our visitors by getting them to sign-up and become users.

@bitsharesblog.com +5% +5% +5%
Bingo! Now that's a great idea! A real-time candlestick chart(s) ticking to the left every couple of seconds so the page has some motion on it. tickers are great, but colorful charting action, ie: https://www.ripplecharts.com

Motion creates emotion, like I mentioned twice above. It doesn't have to have a full window video background, but if there is always some motion and color, the emotion that comes from that entices the visitor, starts conversation, lures click-throughs......

also, these catch phrases are just me thinking out loud, but you get my drift:
"Buy 1 ounce of bitSILVER and you can earn over 5% returns every, single, day."
"Put your bank to shame- Owning even 1 BitAsset can pay out over 5% every, single, day." 
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
bytemaster will need to make you a Manager on those 2 sites as well.
I'll help you push for votes if you show us your stuff profitofthegods - I'm with you every step of the way.

I don't know if he does, but Dan shouldn't even be worried about the site. It should be his last priority. It shouldn't even have to be a priority for him or core devs. They shouldn't have to worry about the looks of a website when we have plenty of people to do so (i guess). It's way more accessible for someone to help the development of the side, than the development of the client.

Tbh I like the clean look of the page, it just could look a little bit more dynamic. I'll try and take a look at the files when I can, if they're available. Also, Max's videos about BitShares 101 should be there. It's a must. Dunno about the new BitAsset implementation which can make his videos outdated, however, they should be placed there asap. If I didn't know what BitShares was about, I don't want to have to hunt for info, I want it all in one place. In case I don't understand it very well, I want to have a short video available to check it out. I might just drop the idea if I can't find the stuff I want in the main site.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

The owner of bitshares.org needs to completely revamp that site though, it's boring as hell and the bounce rate is insane- see my comments above. We can bring'm, but if we're not closin'm, then we're burning hours for no reason. I want someone to build us a REAL website, something exciting, something that tells me WHY I need to register and fund a BitShares account, and why I need to do it RIGHT NOW.

We used to have a very well designed and modern-looking website back in 2014 (it was before the merger I guess). I remember it had large images in the background and it scrolled down nicely describing different aspects of BitShares. Anyone can tell me what was the reason we replaced it with the current not-very-exiting design?
Partially because we wanted to look more like ethereum and other similar crypto-sites. While the flashier site was deemed to be less appealing to our then current target market of crypto-enthusiasts as it was designed to get the attention of the mainstream world for whom our product was not yet ready for.

Offline mint chocolate chip

bitshares.org is currently in its 7th version, the latest the best by far but it was supposed to have more stuff added that never was. Most importantly, what is needed is charts.

jakub

The owner of bitshares.org needs to completely revamp that site though, it's boring as hell and the bounce rate is insane- see my comments above. We can bring'm, but if we're not closin'm, then we're burning hours for no reason. I want someone to build us a REAL website, something exciting, something that tells me WHY I need to register and fund a BitShares account, and why I need to do it RIGHT NOW.

We used to have a very well designed and modern-looking website back in 2014 (it was before the merger I guess). I remember it had large images in the background and it scrolled down nicely describing different aspects of BitShares. Anyone can tell me what was the reason we replaced it with the current not-very-exciting design?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:40:22 pm by jakub »

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
I'll help you push for votes if you show us your stuff profitofthegods - I'm with you every step of the way.

Thanks, I've sent a pm and I have no problem taking care of the tasks you mentioned.

Tuck Fheman

What exactly would a Bitcoin3.0 (or rather a blockchain 3.0) technology look like?

BitShares 1.0

Disclaimer : I've already had some kool-aid today.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The meta tags and all that crap in the <head> of the bitshares.org site has got to go.
Move all the inline scripts to the bottom
Beef up the meta descrip, title and keywords, streamline..
https://bitshares.org/robots.txt
https://bitshares.org/sitemap.xml

The top of the page has squat for indexing too so at least one keyword intensive paragraph near the top of the homepage is what the engines will crawl first.
Then, we can dive into the gateway pages and such, but you're right too that the engines will discount us if we appear to be spamming, so linking has to be done in places where it's actually applicable, so anyone reading this, PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

The graphics all need descriptive alt text and the links need title text too. Pack the page with engine food.

It never hurts to list in the most appropriate directories too, like dmoz.

Here's another site I've used for over 15 years:
http://www.submitexpress.com/free-submission.html

Google analytics and webmaster tools is imperative, so cass and bytemaster will need to make you a Manager on those 2 sites as well.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
Cass and Bytemaster (as per lil_jay890 recommendation) will need to hand over the reigns to the bitshares.org website. It is posted on github as far as I know, but be careful, egos can be bruised there but if you show them/us what you can do, then you will most definitely have MY vote and possible many others as well.

Please start by sending a PM to cass and bytemaster both. If they don't reply, or give us a favorable reply, then we'll deal with them appropriately.

You are a shareholder now I assume, so they need to answer to you. Please let us know what they say.

I will try to help you with a lot more search string research too.

If you mean me, I certainly wouldn't want to try to take over Bitshares.org, Apart from anything else, I have the design skills of a 5 year old child playing with blunt crayons.

I would be happy to assist by providing optimized content for specific pages if its wanted. For example, there is currently a box which mentions low fees - that could have a learn more link to a page which might target search terms related to low fees trading. The content would probably be 90% fluff, but it is something that could potentially get search hits.

Also I would personally feel most comfortable concentrating on publishing landing pages about Bitshares on other sites - blogs, web 2.0 sites and so on, hoping for search positioning on long tail keywords for those, and then sending people to Bitshares once they are half sold on the whole thing. The one big benefit of that is if you do something the big G doesn't like when trying to rank those pages the negative effect stays on that page and doesn't impact the main BTS site. Of course the links from those pages would also still have a net positive effect on the serps for the main site.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
guys, follow my vote is being paid to take care of bitshares.org SEO. I asked him once in a hangout... if you want results, demand them. I have not seen a single google analytics sheet since then

Whats the best way to contact FMV?

adam@followmyvote.com

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
guys, follow my vote is being paid to take care of bitshares.org SEO. I asked him once in a hangout... if you want results, demand them. I have not seen a single google analytics sheet since then

Whats the best way to contact FMV?