Author Topic: follow my vote and workers  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I still didn't quite get this thing with Vote. We had the merger, DNS and Vote (supposedly) merged with BTSX and it gave birth to BitShares, but i see Follow My Vote as something independent. What's up with Vote then? From what I got it should be part of BitShares but it isn't. I'm confused and never really got around that
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

This has been suggested many times in many variations and Dan is very much against it. His perspective is that it's Adam's property and so it should be only his decision what to do with it. IMO the problem is that it was part of a decision he didn't want shareholders voting on (merger and allocations etc).

What's done is done, maybe it was unjust but it will come back to bite BTS when people don't want to use the BTS main chain for stuff.

Well in my view it does not mean that we (the community) and Dan cannot express our strong opinion that it is best if Adam voluntarily burns said funds...if he choses of course, but you know... we strongly encourage such a move...

In other words it is indeed Adams property! I just want him to come and openly say "It is my property, I deserve it for what I have (not) done and so I will keep it!"

[edit] And no, I have absolutely  have no clue if BTS is marketable in its current state, but marketable or not I was not the one promising marketing results...and then saying "Thanks for the half a mil, but do you know what I will do nothing".
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:42:26 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This has been suggested many times in many variations and Dan is very much against it. His perspective is that it's Adam's property and so it should be only his decision what to do with it. IMO the problem is that it was part of a decision he didn't want shareholders voting on (merger and allocations etc).

What's done is done, maybe it was unjust but it will come back to bite BTS when people don't want to use the BTS main chain for stuff.

Indeed.  Regardless of whether or not you think it was a mistake to give someone that much BTS, it was done, and you cannot retroactively go into a blockchain and cut out their stake through a hard fork.  The instant you do that the blockchain loses all credibility, and no one will trust it ever again.  We cannot get that 30M BTS back, but we can hope to get something valuable from it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
As far as I know FMV is vesting their funding over time, so why not delete the remaining vesting balance with the next hardfork and let them join as a worker? would it be possible?