Author Topic: follow my vote and workers  (Read 4198 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

The one thing about posts like these is that they usually get Adam to post something in response, he even pledged 3.33% of his allocation to supporting Bitshares in some way last time...and although he has not followed through in the two months since he did manage to get a bunch of  +5%.
@adam could you please reactivate/republish the 1 bitshares video Brian Page created on the BitShares Youtube account, whoever on your team that removed/deactivated it probably misclicked because there is really no other explanation why it disappeared.

i just looked into this. it appears that someone made the video private at some point. i went ahead and made it public again...

here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6mQQdHUZI
thank you

Offline ak

• View Profile
The one thing about posts like these is that they usually get Adam to post something in response, he even pledged 3.33% of his allocation to supporting Bitshares in some way last time...and although he has not followed through in the two months since he did manage to get a bunch of  +5%.
@adam could you please reactivate/republish the 1 bitshares video Brian Page created on the BitShares Youtube account, whoever on your team that removed/deactivated it probably misclicked because there is really no other explanation why it disappeared.

i just looked into this. it appears that someone made the video private at some point. i went ahead and made it public again...

here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6mQQdHUZI

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Wrong.

He was not "given" that portion of VOTE.  He CHOSE that amount to fund himself and a dev team. It was just that VOTE was never going to be worth anything beyond a market cap of $5.00. Otherwise Dev's wouldve been lining up to develop the VOTE Dac.

If FMY was given the fund to develop VOTE, now that VOTE is dyfunctional, bitshares has a right to get the fund back for its much needed development funding.

Anyone ever figure out that "secret VOTE sauce" yet?

The dev team should come out and clarify this 'secret sauce' once and for all.  After all, it has been more than 6 months since the 'sauce' was mentioned.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

lzr1900

All the DNS and VOTE things were shit.
fuck the merge.
they do what?just tell me.
except the dilution.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
What exactly did he do to get such a huge shit load of BTS as his personal property?

At our peak market cap that much BTS would make him a millionaire, at which point he has no further incentive to do anything for BTS, which might already be the case given how little he posts here.

He was given some portion of the vote dac (30%?) to develop follow my vote.  Then in the merger this became 30M BTS.  I dont believe than any of this BTS has been sold.  (Last time I looked at balances, there is an account with 30M BTS that hasnt ever moved, pretty sure this is the follow my vote BTS.  So at the very least he has not made any fiat $ out of it, as of right now.

As to what he's done.  They made a presentation to lawmakers in california, and a presentation to the pirate party in...was it finland?  They made a nice video of that presentation. 

Aside from those things we havent seen anything.

Bytemaster has said follow my vote is 'critical'. 

I have no idea what we will end up getting out of follow my vote, if anything.  Maybe it will end up being awesome, maybe it will give no value, I have no idea.  There is widespread anger against it due to the 30M bts.  I look at this anger as mostly people looking for someone to blame when their investment went down.

Wrong.

He was not "given" that portion of VOTE.  He CHOSE that amount to fund himself and a dev team. It was just that VOTE was never going to be worth anything beyond a market cap of $5.00. Otherwise Dev's wouldve been lining up to develop the VOTE Dac.

I3 was running out of coins to live off of and Bytemaster saw an opportunity. He made up some bullshit about VOTE "poaching" him from the project and that wherever he went the best bitUSD chain would follow. He would have to leave BTSX, his dream child, and go work for VOTE allowing BTSX to dry up as it would have an inferior bitUSD chain and the 2 bitUSD's could not be crosschain traded.

Anyone ever figure out that "secret VOTE sauce" yet?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I still didn't quite get this thing with Vote. We had the merger, DNS and Vote (supposedly) merged with BTSX and it gave birth to BitShares, but i see Follow My Vote as something independent. What's up with Vote then? From what I got it should be part of BitShares but it isn't. I'm confused and never really got around that

Can someone answer that for me?

they will use the BitShares blockchain...but when and if....is not clear
DNS is dead!

jakub

I still didn't quite get this thing with Vote. We had the merger, DNS and Vote (supposedly) merged with BTSX and it gave birth to BitShares, but i see Follow My Vote as something independent. What's up with Vote then? From what I got it should be part of BitShares but it isn't. I'm confused and never really got around that

Looks like a perfect question to be posted here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.0.html

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I was more disappointed the DNS premine disappeared in the merger.  Nikolai was always the one saying "I'll spend my own salary" on this or that if it doesn't get approved for AGS funding for various things.  So I would have liked to see him keep that budget to fund DNS or anything else, but it's hard to change anything now.
+5%

Offline Thom

Apologies in advance for the whining that takes place in this post, but just had to release some frustration.

What exactly did he do to get such a huge shit load of BTS as his personal property?

At our peak market cap that much BTS would make him a millionaire, at which point he has no further incentive to do anything for BTS, which might already be the case given how little he posts here.

He was given some portion of the vote dac (30%?) to develop follow my vote.  Then in the merger this became 30M BTS.  I dont believe than any of this BTS has been sold.  (Last time I looked at balances, there is an account with 30M BTS that hasnt ever moved, pretty sure this is the follow my vote BTS.  So at the very least he has not made any fiat $ out of it, as of right now.

As to what he's done.  They made a presentation to lawmakers in california, and a presentation to the pirate party in...was it finland?  They made a nice video of that presentation. 

I have no idea what we will end up getting out of follow my vote, if anything.  Maybe it will end up being awesome, maybe it will give no value, I have no idea.  There is widespread anger against it due to the 30M bts.  I look at this anger as mostly people looking for someone to blame when their investment went down.

I'm not angry about it, but I don't think it was a wise decision to put so much into FMV. BM's fear that vote would get so big it would take BitShares tech and create a bigger chain that steals the market & dev focus away from BitShares clearly was misplaced. It wasn't the right time for vote nor is vote "critical". I drank the koolaid of the merger but all it got me was a bad taste in my mouth, nothing materialized but the hype. Just how much dev time has been saved (from being split across multiple DACs) and redirected into improving the UX of the client anyway? The merger, FMV, BP "marketing" -- they're all just a series of bad decisions made by BM & team he can place on his startup learning curve and leave off his resume.

As much as I'm all in on the BitShares "Vision / Mission", and given the decisions I've witnessed over the last 8 months, honestly I'm not so sure I'd be willing to risk additional capital investment in this experiment. It's a bit of a moot point since I have no capital to invest. But I do have time, and I'm still willing to invest that, but with more emphasis on my personal ROI than before when I thought the koolaid tasted so good.

The new delegate scheme will eliminate any compensation for the technical skills required to run a delegate node. Apparently that is considered to be a volunteer role (expenses only) tho I'm not sure why. If it's important enough to require being elected into the position why is it not seen as important enough to be a paid position? It needn't be much, but offering nothing? That's just not reasonable. Sure, running a delegate node is far less difficult than software development, but IT skills and the technical knowledge required to do a good job of running a reliable delegate node are not so trivial anyone can do it, especially for current level of (im)maturity of the software and virtually non-existent documentation for it.

I was really hoping to provide some value to the ecosystem running a node for gentso, but It doesn't look like it is worthy of compensation, even a minimal amount, at least to BM & the dev team, based on his preliminary disclosure of the new delegate scheme, nor to the community since no cryptosmith sales have yet occurred to the best of my knowledge.

And now the market has tanked and nobody wants to buy cryptosmith products (nor cryptofresh t-shirts or screensavers, tho they stay voted in and more essential skills like bts_tools and PM exit ramps can't get shareholder support).

I know, I know. Boo hoo. [ /whining ]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:54:19 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
I was more disappointed the DNS premine disappeared in the merger.  Nikolai was always the one saying "I'll spend my own salary" on this or that if it doesn't get approved for AGS funding for various things.  So I would have liked to see him keep that budget to fund DNS or anything else, but it's hard to change anything now.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
There is widespread anger against it due to the 30M bts.  I look at this anger as mostly people looking for someone to blame when their investment went down.

Im not blaming anyone else, im about to buy more BTS as soon as my BTC order gets filled. Thats because I understand the value proposition that BitAssets drives demand for BTS. I dont understand how voting services drives demand. Although I trust BM, for him to say "its critical" requires a leap of faith.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
This has been suggested many times in many variations and Dan is very much against it. His perspective is that it's Adam's property and so it should be only his decision what to do with it. IMO the problem is that it was part of a decision he didn't want shareholders voting on (merger and allocations etc).

What's done is done, maybe it was unjust but it will come back to bite BTS when people don't want to use the BTS main chain for stuff.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:50:23 pm by speedy »