Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278291 times)

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
you can easily setup your own testnet ..
http://docs.bitshares.eu/testnet/Public.html

I meant the demo network that Bytemaster talked about a while ago. For a total newbie who just wants to see how the wallet works setting up an own test network is not an easy solution.

jakub

I think bytemaster needs to explain "how" he intended to motivate exchanges to share order books. Through shared IOUs or by asking multiple exchanges to focus on a particular BitAsset?
From what I see, that dream is not going to become a reality if we keep taking the current route. We'll just end up having a bunch of illiquid IOUs.

@fuzzy , this^ looks like a perfect question for BM.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I didnt listen to the last hangout yet, so please correct me if these questions have been asked already.

Bond Markets seem like an important piece to bring in utility ans liquidity to BitShares. However Dan has mentioned in the past this might not be as simple to implement as we think. Could you give us a more detailed explanation on the obstacles we have to face to create bond markets? Do you have any idea on how to solve any of those problems? Are you planning on developing that feature any time soon? Youd probably have a big support from the community because of all the positive things it brings.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
When we will have a test network?

This wasn't asked last time, so I ask again.

When we will have a test network? I think it is quite important right now so that developers and users can try Bitshares for free. This would lower the pressure to lower the fees, because people wouldn't have to waste their BTS on testing.

Offline BTS007

• View Profile
What about the idea of to establish a BTS big shareholders’ club ?
BTS ID:bts007

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can Identabit or Bitshares' Graphene license ever be revoked?

For instance, CNX goes public and a new CEO decides to revoke the license.
They have the rights to do anything with their code.
But they cannot change the licensing of older versions of the code .. only newer releases

But I highly doubt that future releases will be more restrictive .. All they want is -- be able to pay their developers

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
Can Identabit or Bitshares' Graphene license ever be revoked?

For instance, CNX goes public and a new CEO decides to revoke the license.
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I didn't hear any roll-calls for usernames this time for Brownie distribution. Are attendance Brownies still a thing?

Yes. There was one but we have a list i plan to send brownies to once the tipbot is up and running.  It is a far more elegant solution than doing it by hand and altering spreadsheets.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline yellowecho

I didn't hear any roll-calls for usernames this time for Brownie distribution. Are attendance Brownies still a thing?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
When will we be able to create, modify, delete and even re-assign UIA's to someone in the gui?

Thats an important questions.  +5% +5%
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Tuck Fheman

When will we be able to create, modify, delete and even re-assign UIA's to someone in the gui?

+5% +5%

here's a summary of the reply ...
Quote from: bytemaster
The GUI has a long list of things that need to be done including support for Worker Proposals and proposed transactions for multi-sig and 2FA so those are next 2 features to be added before any GUI updates for UIA's.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:13:39 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

I looked around, trying to find when these hangouts are taking place, and how to participate these days, but couldn't find it, could someone let me know?

Every Friday @10am EST @Brent.Allsop
It is nice seeing you again btw!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D