Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278316 times)

Tuck Fheman

right, that's like only 1.99999% of existing code!!! i've read high exaggerations of 2% in other threads. and don't forget, the bitshares messenger (wasn't that called Keyhotee at first?) said we weren't aware that this project died months ago. speaking of that, i really need to go register bitghost instead of hanging around this forum where they do nothing but look forward... so much so that they didn't even notice this is a dead project walking!
You do realize that parts of the code have been written by 3rd party developers like websocketspp, miniupnpc and other libraries?
Did you take the 'fc' library, the 'qt_wallet' and the 'web_wallet' into your considerations?

I'm joking x, poking fun at another thread that cried "only 2%!".

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in NEXT week's hangout (29 May 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What does +5% refer to?
I can see it all over the place...
Sorry for noob question  +5%
Initially .. like two yrs ago .. we used +5% as a meme of having interest on-the-blockchain ..
The particular 5% has been dismissed quite quickly as we realized it's unrealistic to have a fixed interest .. but the meme stayed :)

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
What does +5% refer to?
I can see it all over the place...
Sorry for noob question  +5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Quality is more important than Qtty.

+5% +5% +5%
...and you guys know exactly the 10 things that I want to see in the next version (whether the BitShares DAC uses them or not, my clients WILL use them).

A successful company employs Workers who are driven, accountable and rewarded.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
right, that's like only 1.99999% of existing code!!! i've read high exaggerations of 2% in other threads. and don't forget, the bitshares messenger (wasn't that called Keyhotee at first?) said we weren't aware that this project died months ago. speaking of that, i really need to go register bitghost instead of hanging around this forum where they do nothing but look forward... so much so that they didn't even notice this is a dead project walking!
You do realize that parts of the code have been written by 3rd party developers like websocketspp, miniupnpc and other libraries?
Did you take the 'fc' library, the 'qt_wallet' and the 'web_wallet' into your considerations?

Tuck Fheman

i bet it is something like 16998 lines  :P pathetic

Man, this is worse than the Pepe market crash of 2015, countries were hurt!

Offline JA

• View Profile
We have added over 17,000 lines of code.

:P
17k probably isnt even true

i bet it is something like 16998 lines  :P pathetic

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Headless = nonGUI

Thanks xeroc.

When do we individually get to hangout with bytemaster and record the session for everyone else to hear later???

Dan, fair warning, when my time comes for a 1on1 hangout, we're (legally) smoking a fatty and then you're just going to talk for a full hour afterwards without interruption (other than the occassional, "whooooaaaa, duuuuude", from me in the background).

I expect nothing less than mind-blowing brilliance from our 'hangout'.

On a serious note, some of the questions asked in this thread were answered/addressed in the previous two sessions from what I remember (see above).
https://beyondbitcoin.org/developer-hangout-with-bytemaster-may-15-2015/
https://beyondbitcoin.org/developer-hangout-with-bytemaster-may-8-2015/

Lol...hilarious post.

Ha ha, loved it! I would love an interview of BM like that so he could really cut loose.....no consequences, no questions just the occasional 'no way man' as he trips us out with his vision

Offline fuzzy

Headless = nonGUI

Thanks xeroc.

When do we individually get to hangout with bytemaster and record the session for everyone else to hear later???

Dan, fair warning, when my time comes for a 1on1 hangout, we're (legally) smoking a fatty and then you're just going to talk for a full hour afterwards without interruption (other than the occassional, "whooooaaaa, duuuuude", from me in the background).

On a serious note, some of the questions asked in this thread were answered/addressed in the previous two sessions from what I remember (see above).

Lol...hilarious post.

Tuck Fheman

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline fuzzy

I have a quick question regarding client and GUI:

I saw (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases) that only for Linux there are separated programs, i.e., client (daemon?) and GUI. Why is this not the case for MacOS and Windows? I would love to run a "headless" client on Windows - given that the official GUI is still a bit buggy.

That way, people could start writing GUIs independently, or start integrating Bitshares into their applications. I'd love to see that possibility. Any chances on this on systems other than Linux any soon?

You can run headless on any platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you mean by "run headless"?