Author Topic: Bye Bye Bitshares.  (Read 12530 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I am out too. Not for the same reason as lazr or Tony, but because I was put in a position I couldn't get out of and lost near half my BTS. Had I been able to get out when I originally wanted to, I would have only lost 8-10%. But because of the rule were you can't use the posted collateral to exit the position and instead have to possess or purchase excess BTS than what you used to short/CREATE a bitAsset, I lost near 50%.

I learned my lesson the hard way. Back to bitcoin.

The rule can be bad, not saying it isn't since that's not my point. My point is that you didn't inform yourself before taking that position. You didn't know the rule. So, instead of blaming the rule itself, maybe inform yourself better next time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Ggozzo

I am out too. Not for the same reason as lazr or Tony, but because I was put in a position I couldn't get out of and lost near half my BTS. Had I been able to get out when I originally wanted to, I would have only lost 8-10%. But because of the rule were you can't use the posted collateral to exit the position and instead have to possess or purchase excess BTS than what you used to short/CREATE a bitAsset, I lost near 50%.

I learned my lesson the hard way. Back to bitcoin.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Tony's input was useful and had substance. Lzr whined like a 4 year old every time the price dropped and looked for the first delegate he could find to blame it on.  We are worse off without people like tony, but better off without lzr

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I know for sure that it's not so nice to be on the receiving end of tonyk's "skills".
But I can see now that arguing with him was a very valuable experience for me and I learned a great deal about myself in the process - how easy it is for me to become blinded by the feeling of self-righteousness.

Even if they annoy us, people like tonyk and Izr1900 are essential here to keep us focused and to keep our egos under control.
Even if they are on the wrong side of the argument their presence forces us to pause, rethink and revise our arguments, which is always a good thing.

+5% +5% Ill have to say that most of the times they are right, and allow us to see through the fanboy (girl) goggles we have all the time, or put in public our biggest fears. Most important they are the biggest fans, if not they won't be here. I hope they come back soon, or if not some of us will need to replace them ;)

this

+5%
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I know for sure that it's not so nice to be on the receiving end of tonyk's "skills".
But I can see now that arguing with him was a very valuable experience for me and I learned a great deal about myself in the process - how easy it is for me to become blinded by the feeling of self-righteousness.

Even if they annoy us, people like tonyk and Izr1900 are essential here to keep us focused and to keep our egos under control.
Even if they are on the wrong side of the argument their presence forces us to pause, rethink and revise our arguments, which is always a good thing.

+5% +5% Ill have to say that most of the times they are right, and allow us to see through the fanboy (girl) goggles we have all the time, or put in public our biggest fears. Most important they are the biggest fans, if not they won't be here. I hope they come back soon, or if not some of us will need to replace them ;)

this
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline betax

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Tony2k isn't going anywhere, I'll guess. He changes his name from time to time. Just keepin' it fresh, unlike some of us farm animals.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I have no right to say something negative?MY negative posts were totally wrong? I dont know.

This is actually a very welcoming place for constructive criticism.

Very true... if you mean criticizing the critics .... or endless  +5% for nonsensical statement.

Anyway I think I will do everyone a favour by guesting my account as well...

bye...

tonyk2 I really hope you come back.  We can all be a bit short with one and other from time to time.  Half the time I cannot even comprehend your critique but it's obvious that those much smarter than me have valued it.  You are an extremely valuable member of this community.

100% right!!!

But who is talking about tonyk2 is leaving? I am totally lost now!   ???

I could be mistaken, but Tonyk2's forum messages seem to have been replaced by the zerosum guest account.  I thought that mean't Tonyk2 had left....

appologies if i've misunderstood!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I have no right to say something negative?MY negative posts were totally wrong? I dont know.

Very true... if you mean criticizing the critics .... or endless  +5% for nonsensical statement.

bye...

tonyk2 I really hope you come back.  We can all be a bit short with one and other from time to time.  Half the time I cannot even comprehend your critique but it's obvious that those much smarter than me have valued it.  You are an extremely valuable member of this community.

100% right!!!

But who is talking about tonyk2 is leaving? I am totally lost now!   ???

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

bye...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Where ever you go.. there you are.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Lzr, I have not enjoyed most of your posts and I have found them overly negative. But once in awhile, you had something useful to say. Also, you've stuck with BitShares and clearly care about its success (which I know is taking longer than we all wanted it to take). So whether you return here under a different name or move on, I wish you the best.

zerosum

bye...

Offline JA

• View Profile
i cry eveyrtim  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
rest in pepperoni and maybe even spaghetti

Here is my favorite lzr quote
dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BkdxVsslI