Author Topic: Bye Bye Bitshares.  (Read 12392 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Many of the points NewMine raised are important, and correct.

The thing that pissed me off about NewMine wasnt his posts here.  It was his posts publically bashing Bitshares on Bitcointalk.

If you want to be helpful, you keep the criticism inside the family, not out in the open.

And we sound like a legit family don't we? I'm glad to see nothing has changed here (except the software) :)

+5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

merockstar

The thing that pissed me off about NewMine wasnt his posts here.  It was his posts publically bashing Bitshares on Bitcointalk.

If you want to be helpful, you keep the criticism inside the family, not out in the open.

And we sound like a legit family don't we? I'm glad to see nothing has changed here (except the software) :)

Offline Pheonike

I just want to thank the starter of this thread for dumping and leaving so could buy a couple of BTC worth BTS for cheap just before this rise. :)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

"Important"  ????

How about irrelevant, and distracting from our laser focussed marketing promotional vision.

Dan threatened to abandon BTSX if the merger did not happen.

Dan definitely proposed delegate pay of +$2K

he claimed I3 had plenty of funds.

Stan is a propaganda artist

Dan is not "like" a Steve Jobs

Bitshares is not like the next Apple.

VOTE has no "secret sauce"

AK is a drain on BTS funds

PTS needed an upgrade last March

Freetrade secretly gave himself a boatload of MMC in the genesis block

Charles Evans was too close to the project given he was auditing AGS funds. He left ~5 days after pointing this out.

These are some of the major points I believe I helped come to light.

True but who cares, and what do they have to do with BitShares version 1.O?

BitShares logo is blue!! f'n blue!!!

Dan's last name starts with the letter "L" (and he capitalizes it!)

Dan and Stan live in Virginia!! Why is nobody talking about this!!

BitShares is 2 syllables!!!!

Bytemaster has over 8  thousand posts!  Doesn't anybody care here but me!!!!

BitShares is changing!!!! OMG!!!!

Bitcoin is not!!!! ahhhhh!!!

yeah.....and.......

guess what... life changes...

some cry, others try.
Oh, the coveted 1.0. If you do spot it, let me know.

I hold. Not because of your spew, but because I have nothing to lose. -Bitshares Poetry.

Offline Riverhead

yes, I am ignorant of more things than I will ever know

That's either deep, a tautology, or both. Either way I like it. Reality is a really big f'n place.

Offline rajarush

• View Profile

There are definitely delegate squatters. 3% and 100%ers. For crying out loud, some 100%ers are in the low 90% reliability range and one is in the 80% range.  The goddamn network is less secure because of them.

This is why the new system separates workers (with finite pay period) from witnesses (producers), from delegates (who propose forks and changes).  Problem solved.  Next

Dan definitely passively threatened to abandon BTSX if the merger did not happen.

Which he had every right to do.  He made a fully functional BTSX that exceeded expectations, and then went on to the next chapter of his life.  We did not own him (as much as we do now)(merger guaranteed BM support like a "no compete clause" in a contract)  BM abandonment issues solved.  Next.

Dan definitely proposed delegate pay of +$2K a few days after he claimed I3 had plenty of funds.

At that market cap, we all had "plenty of funds", and delegate pay was equal to about $2K.  Delegates always got paid in BTS not BitUSD.  Old news, never changed. Next.

Stan is a propaganda artist spreading more BS than I can even come up with in my wildest dreams.

Stan loves to talk about BitShares, always has, always will.  I ignore him constantly because I'm not into cheer-leading, but hey, that's just me.

Stan meet Newmine, Newmine, Stan.  There, now you have met Dan's proud (real proud) papa.  Do you have kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuyfRtvadh0

Dan is not "like" a Steve Jobs and Bitshares is not like the next Apple.

Those are solid facts, maybe not as important as protecting BitShares workers, witnesses, and delegates from government persecution, or providing the most competitive banking / asset options on the planet, or constructing a solid back end with integrated comprehensive marketing solution (new automated user monetization function to spark front end development) but, yeah, you speak the truth.

VOTE has no "secret sauce" as I pointed out when FMV met with CALVO.

That too is a solid fact.  They are not disclosing the exact details of what they are working on.  Eddie and Cob are doing the same low profile development, and I'm glad because the competition is fierce.  Nobody really knows what all those guys are detailing exactly, but I'm sure the competition would love to find out.  Who do you work for again?

AK is only a drain on BTS funds and wealth as has been proven with his lack of presence and effect so far.

Damn, I did not realize that the FMV vote project was dead (good thing that their 1% of this co-op is only vesting and can't be liquidated for a while)(so you can sell your stake before them first if you choose).

Hey wait a minute....

https://followmyvote.com/team/

ha ha, you got me Newmine, that was a good one.  You are a funny guy.  For a moment there, I thought that nobody was working on FMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LilUQdhlm4g#t=1m17s

PTS needed an upgrade last March and I was shit on for saying it.
PTS got airdropped on (with BTS).  That chain served its purpose.  Any time spent by the devs working on anything but BTS related stuff is a conflict of interest / waste of time (PTS included).  Anyone who thinks that any or all of the BTS/FMV/MUSIC/Moonstone devs should drop anything or everything that they are doing and spend any amount of time on crypto circa 2013 is _______________(1000BTS bounty to the best answer)__________.

Freetrade secretly gave himself a boatload of MMC in the genesis block that he admitted to after I pressured him and ABL jumped in.

Who is Freetrade (and why would a parent name their kid such a stupid name)(I bet he got beat up in school)?

Charles Evans was a little too close to the project given he was auditing AGS funds. He left ~5 days after pointing this out.

Forgive me, but I don't know what you are talking about.  Who is Charles Evans, and exactly how much money did he steal from who?  Theft is a serious issue, and we should definitely get to the bottom of this.

Maybe we could add one.  I think that the point about BitShares being as centrally controllable big bro style as Ripple, and simultaneously (your choice) more free and controllable by the shareholders than bitcoin is a point that might be considered as "major" as why a father loves his son, or why 2013 Protoshares needs to exist today.

Now don't get me wrong, but I'm as big a fan of nostalgia as the next guy, and I don't have many posts here, but I do love a good old catchy tune as much as anybody... but what year is it again?

Oh, heck, you're right !  "can we take it to the bridge!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmMogbcl5B8#t=4m10s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPqBZH-59tA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n62J9-WP1A

And Stan, maybe you should be a little more like Barry Sanders's dad who dissed Barry at his Hall of Fame introduction:

http://newsok.com/william-sanders-ignores-son-barry-in-hall-introduction/article/2861725

William Sanders cracked up the crowd of about 25,000 at Fawcett Stadium by saying, with a straight face, "I want to say hello to the No. 1 running back who ever lived. He's not with us today. Mr. Jim Brown."

Speaking of major points, Dan is not Steve Jobs nor is he Barry Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjfoQVssBo
y

You are lacking lots of bts history knowledge and trying to be a god here. None of your post is humor and pretty ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@BitcoinJesus2.0 .. nice post :D

Let me add this:

Bitcoin community is discussing 21-mining chips being shipped via Qualcom and Intel, not realizing that Bitcoin is NOT a profitable company .. what they plan to do will simply not work. period!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
guess what... life changes...
some cry, others try.

:)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

chryspano

NewMine wants to be helpful?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

You have lots of other good facts in that post newmine, but Bytemaster is without a doubt hugely talented and knowledgeable in both tech and economics. If anyone can develop a blockchain into a success, its him.

Bytemaster is more of a Steve Wozniac than a Steve Jobs, imo.  And you need both. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

You have lots of other good facts in that post newmine, but Bytemaster is without a doubt hugely talented and knowledgeable in both tech and economics. If anyone can develop a blockchain into a success, its him.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I am out too. Not for the same reason as lazr or Tony, but because I was put in a position I couldn't get out of and lost near half my BTS. Had I been able to get out when I originally wanted to, I would have only lost 8-10%. But because of the rule were you can't use the posted collateral to exit the position and instead have to possess or purchase excess BTS than what you used to short/CREATE a bitAsset, I lost near 50%.

I learned my lesson the hard way. Back to bitcoin.

The rule can be bad, not saying it isn't since that's not my point. My point is that you didn't inform yourself before taking that position. You didn't know the rule. So, instead of blaming the rule itself, maybe inform yourself better next time.

aaaaannnnnd you wonder why the project can't gain any users and is only losing them.

I had no idea that you could not use the collateral to close out a position until he(Ggozzo/skyscraperfarms) pointed it out a month or so ago. Can you direct to me to the place in the client where it's states this? Or how about direct me to a post by the dev's (un-edited) that states "you should allow enough BTS to remain in your wallet that can cover your entire short position beyond the 2x collateral"? In essence a bitAsset then needs 4x the collateral, it just 1x needs to stay in your wallet. Sheesh.

It's too bad you guys continue to alienate users. He was "all in" on your shit, tries to close out a position, is stuck and gets a big FU in the form of multiple people saying he "should of informed himself more" or he didn't  "do his due diligence". Wtf, that guy probably lost beans compared to what some of you worthless good for nothing delegates are "earning" and you have the gall to tell him he should've known better. I guess it must be nice not earning your BTS and being able to laugh off your losses.

Your misconstruing is humorous. What is even more amusing is how you try so hard to suggest the delegates are being overpaid in some manner. The nonsense will never stop.

What am I interpreting wrong? Here is his post last month, where the same shit happened: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15561.0.html

Did you see PC's comment?

As for the delegate pay comment, I was referring to some of the 100%'ers who aren't doing anything and just sitting on the BTS bankroll, namely every marketing delegate, dacx, the bitscape ones and probably a few devs (that many Devs working fultime should've been able to put out a solid client by now, which tells me a lot of those guys aren't doing shit but maybe an hour a week if that).

Would you like me to leave, since I don't conform to your paradigm of positive outlook through delusional confidence?

You've made numerous observations which are barely consistent. You take every chance you can to twist something into being more negative than it is.

I am not one partaking in any positive outlook through delusion confidence. Read or reread my posts from the last few months. This is but another example of more of the same from you. chuckle @ your definition of "my paradigm".

Do what you wish.  I find you borderline humorous until the BS gets too thick.

Truths generally hurt those who have the most to lose when the lies become known. I am guessing you have a large stake that you are now willing to let vest or die. It would be nice if I had expendable funds like that.

Call my bullshit with links to my posts and refute them instead of ad hominem attacks about the delivery of what I say.

There are definitely delegate squatters. 3% and 100%ers. For crying out loud, some 100%ers are in the low 90% reliability range and one is in the 80% range. Why other than Koolaid are they still given the potential?  The goddamn network is less secure because of them.

Dan definitely passively threatened to abandon BTSX if the merger did not happen.

Dan definitely proposed delegate pay of +$2K a few days after he claimed I3 had plenty of funds.

Stan is a propaganda artist spreading more BS than I can even come up with in my wildest dreams.

AK is only a drain on BTS funds and wealth as has been proven with his lack of presence and effect so far.

Freetrade secretly gave himself a boatload of MMC in the genesis block that he admitted to after I pressured him and ABL jumped in.

Charles Evans was a little too close to the project given he was auditing AGS funds. He left ~5 days after pointing this out.

If these things are not consistent or are lies please let me know where I have fouled up.

I have definitely noticed your turn in opinions towards the project though.

All at once you throw out a post that seems factual. (I have no clue) This is a distinct difference in content from your typical post. It proves little.

You have posted a lot.  I personally have no clue what of value you posted - that doesn't mean you've never posted useful stuff.

My ad hominem was no worse than your talk about my "paradigm" which was a complete and total misrepresentation of my presence on this forum for months.

I sold most of my stake when it was still in the mid 20 marketcap. I would have liked to have been able to do it when Dan first started talking about the merger, but my 1 windows machine with a working wallet was not around. I kept my vested stake but it isn't that large. So no, you are wrong and swinging and missing yet again. "It would be nice if I had expendable funds like that". OOoook ....... and you completely ignore all my criticisms in the posts leading up to this. The truth doesn't really matter with you.

You were basically completely wrong about me, but hey you just showed us how factual you are. <eyeroll>

Put the rest of your post on your resume. Not sure what else to tell you.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:01:33 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I am out too. Not for the same reason as lazr or Tony, but because I was put in a position I couldn't get out of and lost near half my BTS. Had I been able to get out when I originally wanted to, I would have only lost 8-10%. But because of the rule were you can't use the posted collateral to exit the position and instead have to possess or purchase excess BTS than what you used to short/CREATE a bitAsset, I lost near 50%.

I learned my lesson the hard way. Back to bitcoin.

The rule can be bad, not saying it isn't since that's not my point. My point is that you didn't inform yourself before taking that position. You didn't know the rule. So, instead of blaming the rule itself, maybe inform yourself better next time.

aaaaannnnnd you wonder why the project can't gain any users and is only losing them.

I had no idea that you could not use the collateral to close out a position until he(Ggozzo/skyscraperfarms) pointed it out a month or so ago. Can you direct to me to the place in the client where it's states this? Or how about direct me to a post by the dev's (un-edited) that states "you should allow enough BTS to remain in your wallet that can cover your entire short position beyond the 2x collateral"? In essence a bitAsset then needs 4x the collateral, it just 1x needs to stay in your wallet. Sheesh.

It's too bad you guys continue to alienate users. He was "all in" on your shit, tries to close out a position, is stuck and gets a big FU in the form of multiple people saying he "should of informed himself more" or he didn't  "do his due diligence". Wtf, that guy probably lost beans compared to what some of you worthless good for nothing delegates are "earning" and you have the gall to tell him he should've known better. I guess it must be nice not earning your BTS and being able to laugh off your losses.

Your misconstruing is humorous. What is even more amusing is how you try so hard to suggest the delegates are being overpaid in some manner. The nonsense will never stop.

What am I interpreting wrong? Here is his post last month, where the same shit happened: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15561.0.html

Did you see PC's comment?

As for the delegate pay comment, I was referring to some of the 100%'ers who aren't doing anything and just sitting on the BTS bankroll, namely every marketing delegate, dacx, the bitscape ones and probably a few devs (that many Devs working fultime should've been able to put out a solid client by now, which tells me a lot of those guys aren't doing shit but maybe an hour a week if that).

Would you like me to leave, since I don't conform to your paradigm of positive outlook through delusional confidence?

You've made numerous observations which are barely consistent. You take every chance you can to twist something into being more negative than it is.

I am not one partaking in any positive outlook through delusion confidence. Read or reread my posts from the last few months. This is but another example of more of the same from you. chuckle @ your definition of "my paradigm".

Do what you wish.  I find you borderline humorous until the BS gets too thick.

Truths generally hurt those who have the most to lose when the lies become known. I am guessing you have a large stake that you are now willing to let vest or die. It would be nice if I had expendable funds like that.

Call my bullshit with links to my posts and refute them instead of ad hominem attacks about the delivery of what I say.

There are definitely delegate squatters. 3% and 100%ers. For crying out loud, some 100%ers are in the low 90% reliability range and one is in the 80% range. Why other than Koolaid are they still given the potential?  The goddamn network is less secure because of them.

If these things are not consistent or are lies please let me know where I have fouled up.

I have definitely noticed your turn in opinions towards the project though.

You are a very interesting and extremely valuable part of this community.  You've done a great service for us all in asking your questions and pushing for clarity.  My only request is that you recognise that none of us are the arbiters of 'truth.'  There are always shades of grey wherein lies a deeper understanding of motive or context.  As such the unequivocally judgmental language you sometimes use against individuals is unnecessarily harsh.