Author Topic: MAKE DPOS HISTORY - VOTE! for MineBitShares AKA BunkerMining Project!  (Read 30665 times)

38PTSWarrior

Yes but nobody knows for sure and people's success was judged on the amount of refs since January.

I made a thread here:
http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=18540.0

I'm really sorry that I posted this here. I just hit me and then it bubbled out here.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is it possible to game the referral system by using several different VPNs and different machines? I don't want to accuse anyone but if so, then maybe we should use different metrics(?) to measure marketing success.

I voted for all minebitshare delegates.

The refer system has been setup in such a way that it is economically unsatisfying to attempt to game it that way. You will just end up in a big hole.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

38PTSWarrior

I will create a thread for that question now. I don't want to spoil this thread and I think you did not understand my question xeroc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is it possible to game the referral system by using several different VPNs and different machines? I don't want to accuse anyone but if so, then maybe we should use different metrics(?) to measure marketing success.

any account be referrer new users .. if you don't want to expose your name or success .. just create a dummy account for that

38PTSWarrior

iHashFury

To cut a long story short.

MineBitShares will be at the top of the score board for the foreseeable future https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard

Unless the so called marketing experts start up-ing their game or even getting their finger out

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
and the broken record (i.e me)"

"I do not like it because it is useless. [See fav post above for details.]

And because it is private project subsidized by BTS holders. Run by a bombastic over the top guy - see for example the title of this thread - Capitalized = 'Make dpos history...'  What a joke. The dpos history is to pay for useless private projects?"

Hey tonyk, YOU consider Data to be "bombastic"?  Wow!!!!

well I can express my ...sometimes controversially expressed but never baseless ideas...in regular font. Such plainness is below him. His thought always deserve a  +4 font.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:35:19 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

And because it is private project subsidized by BTS holders. Run by a bombastic over the top guy - see for example the title of this thread - Capitalized = 'Make dpos history...'  What a joke. The dpos history is to pay for useless private projects?"

Hey tonyk, YOU consider Data to be "bombastic"?  Wow!!!!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

And because it is private project subsidized by BTS holders. Run by a bombastic over the top guy - see for example the title of this thread - Capitalized = 'Make dpos history...'  or that his thought are only truly expressed in over sized font.     What a joke. The dpos history is to pay for useless private projects?"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:31:18 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

This a way too convoluted for my tastes. minebitshares.com converts mined coins into USD and sends them to the Bitshares client. To get the USD I have to open yet another account I don't really want, convert my USD into bitUSD to transfer it to the exchange, then convert it to BTC at the exchange and send it to another exchange to convert into fiat which then deposits into my Simple account. Surely I'm missing something. Converting USD into something else then back into USD seems rather silly.

Why would you convert to BTC?

bitUSD->USD->your bank
Because there is a $10.00 wire transfer fee. The miners only make about $4 a day. That is 2 and 1/2 days worth of mining just in fees. Not to mention $5.00 deposit fee. So more than 3 days of mining just to pay the fees.

why would you convert to FIAT every day? I'm pretty sure you can't convert bitcoin for free either. I'd do it once per month or every 60days.

how much do you make per day?
I don't convert to fiat everyday. I normally keep it in BTC until I need to sell some to pay costs. Currently the miners make $4-5 a day and cost me $7.50 a day in electricity. (I mine at a loss right now) I've changed the miners back to another pool. The exchange I was referred to earlier either doesn't have sellers on a coin, or they are lunatics thinking people will pay 1000% more  for a coin. I'm just waiting on someone to sell me BTC so I can delete Bitshares and move on.

this is a great summary on why I don't support mining bitshares.

- Miners only care for bitcoin
- conversion rate is astronomical even more so at the moment.
- bitUSD will always stay slightly above Peg, so miners always take a loss.

I don't think this model is here to stay, or worth the 6 100% delegate positions.

Did you collect any feedback from other miners yet? Or made an on-site Poll asking if they feel they're in profit / use BitUSD?

edit: I'd like to see some stats. how many consistent miners are using the pool?

That is why I DO support mining bitshares.  Xardas2014 will have to learn at least a little bit about how BitShares works to cash out. And then there is a good chance that he will slowly discover how much better BitShares is than anything else as he continues to mine because of the profitability. And he will tell others in the "mining" communities.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
This a way too convoluted for my tastes. minebitshares.com converts mined coins into USD and sends them to the Bitshares client. To get the USD I have to open yet another account I don't really want, convert my USD into bitUSD to transfer it to the exchange, then convert it to BTC at the exchange and send it to another exchange to convert into fiat which then deposits into my Simple account. Surely I'm missing something. Converting USD into something else then back into USD seems rather silly.

Why would you convert to BTC?

bitUSD->USD->your bank
Because there is a $10.00 wire transfer fee. The miners only make about $4 a day. That is 2 and 1/2 days worth of mining just in fees. Not to mention $5.00 deposit fee. So more than 3 days of mining just to pay the fees.

why would you convert to FIAT every day? I'm pretty sure you can't convert bitcoin for free either. I'd do it once per month or every 60days.

how much do you make per day?
I don't convert to fiat everyday. I normally keep it in BTC until I need to sell some to pay costs. Currently the miners make $4-5 a day and cost me $7.50 a day in electricity. (I mine at a loss right now) I've changed the miners back to another pool. The exchange I was referred to earlier either doesn't have sellers on a coin, or they are lunatics thinking people will pay 1000% more  for a coin. I'm just waiting on someone to sell me BTC so I can delete Bitshares and move on.

this is a great summary on why I don't support mining bitshares.

- Miners only care for bitcoin
- conversion rate is astronomical even more so at the moment.
- bitUSD will always stay slightly above Peg, so miners always take a loss.

I don't think this model is here to stay, or worth the 6 100% delegate positions.

Did you collect any feedback from other miners yet? Or made an on-site Poll asking if they feel they're in profit / use BitUSD?

edit: I'd like to see some stats. how many consistent miners are using the pool?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:59:46 am by fav »

Copy of Message Sent to All Lenders:

Good Day Everyone,

This is an update on the loan status of the 6 delegate bid.

This is being sent to all the lenders and being cross posted to the bitsharestalk forum for further verification.

In the weeks before we managed to have all delegates voted in for a short time, however, as the market turned around we had old Chinese holders come back to buy Bitshares again and without updating their votes caused some of our delegates to bounce in and out of the 101 while dead delegates that had been voted out long ago reemerged.

You may notice I have attempted to reestablish the BitShares network with 100% delegate participation with another thread here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18316.0.html

If you have contacts that can help with this please make the effort.

Regardless of this bouncing around we are at least in a position now to repay all but the remaining balance for one contributor.

minebts5.bunkermining-com is the only delegate that is coming up short for being voted into the 101.

I am appealing to anybody who might have a reach into the Chinese community to ask them to vote for our delegates.

Until then, I am happy to report on the following payouts being completed today:

As agreed we have paid out the lenders to the ones that got voted in on a first come, and here is a copy of the transactions:

2015-09-19T13:47:37  minebts2.bunkerm... lafona              32,999.90000 BTS        withdraw pay  e7a1ff8f
2015-09-19T13:48:54  minebts3.bunkerm... testzcrypto         43,999.90000 BTS        withdraw pay  9b7926bc
2015-09-19T13:51:05  minebts6.bunkerm... nethyb              65,999.90000 BTS        withdraw pay  495c44a6
2015-09-19T13:52:55  minebts5.bunkerm... hotwallet02         10,999.90000 BTS        withdraw pay  b6e8f246

Now that repayment of minebts2 minebts3 minebts6 is complete those delegates are now clear to put funds towards development that is currently under way. Hurray!

There is still one more contributor remaining with a balance of 55,000 BTS due that paid for minebts5.bunkermining-com.

Please continue to vote and support our delegates to keep them in the 101!

I am expecting to have an update on our current developments out sometime soon.

We have already announced that we will be updating all delegates to 0.9.3 and will continue as witnesses into 2.0.

Yesterday Dan announced that the current rate of pay for witnesses will be around $300 per month. While I am doubtful we will get all our delegates voted in to be witnesses, I still will proceed with submitting a worker proposal following 2.0.

I could potentially promise that if our witnesses get voted in I will dedicate $200 a month from each towards the further dev/support of the pool.. however I feel this is not the intended purpose of the witness branch of delegation. It might be seen as some kind of perversion perhaps? Nonetheless, I only bring it up as another possible course of action.

I do believe that going forward it is going to make more sense for the project to wind up all the delegates/witnesses and then submit a single worker proposal for the specific funding. This was what I originally promised also. Do you feel we should take a different direction?

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Have a great day!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

38PTSWarrior

Finally! And now vote me in. I do more than some 3 percent delegates and at least deserve to be compensated for my spendings and work.

Hey Data, I also have a good day. Being successful is a good feeling!

Copy of Message Sent to All Lenders:

Good Day Everyone,

This is an update on the loan status of the 6 delegate bid.

This is being sent to all the lenders and being cross posted to the bitsharestalk forum for further verification.

In recent weeks we have finally gained enough support to make our way into the 101 FOR ALL DELEGATES!

This is great news for everyone!

The first contributors who loaned money for minebts1 had been paid back in full.

Today I am happy to announce we reached the milestone to enable payout in full for minebts4.bunkermining-com and partial payments for minebt2 and minebts3!

As agreed we have paid out the lenders to the ones that got voted in on a first come, and here is a copy of the transactions:

2015-09-12T16:04:22 minebts2.bunkerm... onceuponatime       16,499.90000 BTS        withdraw pay a32f6e45
2015-09-12T16:04:24 minebts2.bunkerm... ihashfury           16,499.90000 BTS        withdraw pay cf4bf62e
2015-09-12T16:25:59 minebts3.bunkerm... lafona              21,999.90000 BTS        withdraw pay b47f3a21
2015-09-12T16:27:05 minebts4.bunkerm... testzcrypto         27,499.90000 BTS        withdraw pay 11e14c14
2015-09-12T16:27:06 minebts4.bunkerm... alpha2              21,999.90000 BTS        withdraw pay b007bdd4
2015-09-12T16:27:09 minebts4.bunkerm... webxeld             16,499.90000 BTS        withdraw pay ad0fa6e2

Now that repayment of minebts4 is complete that delegate is now clear to put funds towards development that is currently under way. Hurray!

Others have been partially paid out as could be done at this time. We will make additional payouts next week to clear remaining balances owing.

Please continue to vote and support our delegates to keep them in the 101!

We are already underway with the programming to take the pool to Phase 2 development that will see many fantastic features that will go a long way towards attracting more miners, having the most profitable pool, and providing liquidity to all the BitAsset markets.

With 2.0 coming around in 31 days, we will follow through on our promise to continue with the advancement of this project and will submit a single worker proposal at that time. At least then we never will have to hear about how this many delegates is too much ever again.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Have a great day!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

38PTSWarrior