Author Topic: Paypal - New Draconian Polices take effect July 1st  (Read 6751 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Wow, when did Paypal become so evil?  I remember back in like 2001 when they were cool.

Paypal going full evil helps the cryptocurrency sector though, so I'm not complaining.

This all plays into world-governance and the Root of the problem(s) we face.  Total surveillance coupled with digital currency (if done wrongly) can literally bind us to chains that most people cannot even fight against.  This is VERY dangerous. 

The TPP is part of this...and it is secretly being pushed.

so true!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

Wow, when did Paypal become so evil?  I remember back in like 2001 when they were cool.

Paypal going full evil helps the cryptocurrency sector though, so I'm not complaining.

This all plays into world-governance and the Root of the problem(s) we face.  Total surveillance coupled with digital currency (if done wrongly) can literally bind us to chains that most people cannot even fight against.  This is VERY dangerous. 

The TPP is part of this...and it is secretly being pushed.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline thread

• View Profile
As if they weren't already a Monsanto-grade asshats.

Goodbye, PayPal.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Had to call customer services but still......cancelled my account.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Interesting:

Your account is being reviewed and cannot be closed at this time.

Imagine how much accounts are closed the last days?  :P
They must somehow stop it.... (even technically)  :)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Interesting:

Your account is being reviewed and cannot be closed at this time.

Offline MisO69

• View Profile
Wow is that even legal? Regardless, I'm closing my paypal account as well. I'm not agreeing to those Nazi like terms.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok, so will delete my pp account also ...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Guess they are feeling threatened and have decided to go full amoral to squeeze as much as they can out of their user base before it's curtains.

These user agreements are only enforcable due to a corrupt legal system and facist government.

Offline robrigo

Yikes!

Quote from: Google
To close your PayPal account:

Click the Profile link.
    Click the Close Account link in the Account Information column.
    Click the Continue button.
    Click the Close Account button.

Quote from: PayPal
Before you close your account

Your PayPal account can't be closed yet because you have PayPal Credit. If you want to close your PayPal Credit account, email us or call us at (866)528-3733 (Mon-Fri, <7AM-1AM ET> and Sat-Sun, <9 AM-11 PM ET>).

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Paypal is making changes to its user agreement effect July 1st, 2015.  They explicitly state:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE AMENDED USER AGREEMENT, PRIVACY POLICY OR ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, YOU MAY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE JULY 1, 2015 AND YOU WILL NOT BE BOUND BY THE AMENDED TERMS.     

Hmmm... A little foreshadowing there on what lots of user's response might be??

Some highlights:

-- You consent to receive autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages from PayPal at any telephone number that you have provided us or that we have otherwise obtained.

[....to...]  (v) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, (vii) contact you with offers and promotions;

PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, 

[...and...]  PayPal may rely on information it receives from third parties.

We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account  [and/or your ability] to remove financial Information

You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 USD per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy...

...We may update inaccurate Information you provided us...    (writer's note: doesn't say where they will get this information, or what verification they'll do to ensure its accurate)

YOU AND PAYPAL AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.

(Writers note: No more possibilities for class action lawsuits)

Oh.. there is lots of neat hidden gems in their upcoming policy change document.  It appears the world is Paypal's oyster.

If you confront Paypal about it, they'll probably brush it off, saying "oh, well the third parties we're talking about is eBay".

Really? THEN SAY eBAY IN YOUR DOCUMENT.  Why put in "3rd parties" which means any other person or organization on earth too?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:36:25 pm by crypto4ever »