Author Topic: Been doing some reading on other projects  (Read 7969 times)

Offline VoR0220

Damn shame too. Seems like the guy really knows his shit. He could really spark Bitshares up another level....Oh well....
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

...that sounds like an absolute nightmare of bureaucracy to jump through....but I guess a dude's gotta do what a dude's gotta do.

Not with my money!   lol

Offline VoR0220

...that sounds like an absolute nightmare of bureaucracy to jump through....but I guess a dude's gotta do what a dude's gotta do.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

I had not read that....I really don't see how you can run a closed source model cryptocurrency successfully unless it runs on the basis of Zero Knowledge Proof (ShadowCash) or you're totally antithetical to the ideology that Bitcoin and other likeminded cryptos represent (looking at you Ripple).

As for it being vaporware, that's totally possible as well, but coming from a comp sci background, this guy may be onto something here. Not sure about the exact results (I'm not sure how this could translate to 1000s of profitable nodes, perhaps it could scale to that level, but I'm really not sure how), but I think I see from the outset how this could flow together. Though the long time to accomplish this is unsettling. I think he has ideas, but he really has no idea how to market himself. Why not bring him on board to update our ideas? Should probably reach out to him, or atleast get Dan's opinion on it (that would be interesting to me).

Software Licensing

The Qointum client software is available under the following license types:

a Personal License which is free but limited by revenue restrictions
    a Pro License which requires a subscription (see Pricing)

Source Code Policy

We believe that transparency of source code is essential for decentralization, however until Qointum has achieved a huge network effect we believe that protecting our intellectual property will also serve to protect the value of the ℚoin and its stakeholders. We plan to allow the Qointum community to elect independent entities (via decentralized governance) to perform an annual source code audit in order to verify its security as a cryptocurrency platform. These entities will be bound to a non-disclosure agreement that protects our intellectual property.

The Qointum source code is licensed on a per-case basis via special arrangements made by our team. As this can be quite expensive, we do not generally license source code to smaller operations, educational institutions, nor to companies in countries which do not have adequate legal intellectual property protection.

https://wiki.qointum.com/design/dev/

Offline VoR0220

I had not read that....I really don't see how you can run a closed source model cryptocurrency successfully unless it runs on the basis of Zero Knowledge Proof (ShadowCash) or you're totally antithetical to the ideology that Bitcoin and other likeminded cryptos represent (looking at you Ripple).

As for it being vaporware, that's totally possible as well, but coming from a comp sci background, this guy may be onto something here. Not sure about the exact results (I'm not sure how this could translate to 1000s of profitable nodes, perhaps it could scale to that level, but I'm really not sure how), but I think I see from the outset how this could flow together. Though the long time to accomplish this is unsettling. I think he has ideas, but he really has no idea how to market himself. Why not bring him on board to update our ideas? Should probably reach out to him, or atleast get Dan's opinion on it (that would be interesting to me).

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

And, they are not open-sourcing, at least for a while.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Qointum is another project that seems to be attempting to take the DPOS concept to another level. The creator of this project calls his consensus mechanism Queued Delegated Proof of Stake and last I spoke with him he was still working on it. What's particularly interesting about his project is the idea of what he calls SSV (Simple State Verification akin to SPV in Bitcoin). I believe his solution involves merkle trees which is what allows him to do this. Needless to say the ability to process transactions instantaneously is something that would be an absolute boon to proof of stake cryptocurrencies as that seems to be one of the few areas that Bitcoin can completely outcompete us in. You can confirm transactions in 10 seconds but it doesn't beat instant confirmation.

I plan to totally crush the airline industry with my warp bubble technology.

I am still working on it, but there is no way they can compete with it.  ;D

This was what I got from your post... my experience with DPOS "as is" has been pretty much instant.. I am certain whatever he is claiming is going to have caveats to where instant won't always happen.

It's also really easy to make claims about what warp bubble technology will do.. when you are still working on it.  ;)

The hands down winner in transactions will be the one who utilizes quantum entanglement computing utilizing nebula energy with galaxy nodes.. :)

I know I am being cheeky.. I do wish them well in their development and hope they can bring innovation to the marketplace.. this is a space though that is bullet riddled with over-hyped claims without any Direct Proof of Substance. I'll be interested to see how it comes along though. Thanks for sharing!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

jaran

Cool project. Thanks for posting it.  Had not heard of it before.   

I skimmed their design doc https://wiki.qointum.com/design/dev/

Looks like they have some tech chops and have really put a lot of work into this.

Like that they have a roadmap too https://wiki.qointum.com/roadmap/

Offline VoR0220

Qointum is another project that seems to be attempting to take the DPOS concept to another level. The creator of this project calls his consensus mechanism Queued Delegated Proof of Stake and last I spoke with him he was still working on it. What's particularly interesting about his project is the idea of what he calls SSV (Simple State Verification akin to SPV in Bitcoin). I believe his solution involves merkle trees which is what allows him to do this. Needless to say the ability to process transactions instantaneously is something that would be an absolute boon to proof of stake cryptocurrencies as that seems to be one of the few areas that Bitcoin can completely outcompete us in. You can confirm transactions in 10 seconds but it doesn't beat instant confirmation.