Author Topic: POLL: Should paid Workers be REQUIRED to Publish their accountability info?  (Read 35914 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Everyone using public funds should be required to publish their accountability. Else, how are you sure they are doing what they're supposed to? If certain people are using delegates funds, they are doing so because they have the privilege of doing so. Because the community trusts them. The minimum they can do is provide that info. It's everyone's right to know what a delegate is up to, since they were voted in. What's the problem with that?

They are delegates/workers under the promise of helping the bitshares ecosystem and it's a privilege to have that many people trusting them, so it only makes sense to provide the info people need to know they made the right choice in voting those delegates/workers in.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline davidpbrown

Yes, obviously votes needs to be informed..

Perhaps call the delegates, employees?.. there are surely others doing work for the benefit of BitShares, who are not paid.

Then perhaps you could acknowledge the voters as workers?.. Seriously, I don't know who has time to consider proposals closely.

Accountability is important but keep it simple, treat everyone the same.. I don't know then if that suggests warp the voting, so that whales only get a log(balance) or some f(balance) rather than =(balance) vote.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Let me cite myself :D
I hope to get an answer for EXACTLY this question in the TL;DR; reply for the "big announcement" ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Wouldn't it be cool if we had a company that was run by software, one where the workers lived all over the world, but those workers could be fined and fired automatically if they didn't show up for work, started slacking off, or prove to the public what they were doing each day? If you've ever run a decentralized company, you'll answer yes to this one.

Whales invest in companies with a solid management (blockchain-HR) and where its employees are held accountable every, single, day. Profit comes to those that care about proving their worth to those with the net worth.

Wouldn't it also be cool if we could reward them automatically for their hard work?

See my OP above, notice the red and the green text...
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
accountability is not necessary for a company that is written in software.

Yes, accountability is required ESPECIALLY in a company that is decentralized around the world. The fact that we cna drive accountability WITH software is just icing on the cake, so how do we get rid of Voter apathy and ENFORCE the workers to be accountable (fines) and reward them when they work hard (bonuses)? Exactly, with a blockchain. (HR)
I hope to get an answer for EXACTLY this question in the TL;DR; reply for the "big announcement" ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
accountability is not necessary for a company that is written in software.

Yes, accountability is required ESPECIALLY in a company that is decentralized around the world. The fact that we cna drive accountability WITH software is just icing on the cake, so how do we get rid of Voter apathy and ENFORCE the workers to be accountable (fines) and reward them when they work hard (bonuses)? Exactly, with a blockchain. (HR)

Even though there is no accountability in BitShares as a company

We agree on a lot xeroc, this is cool :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There is no CEO if Bitcoin!
Why should there be a president of BitShares?!

accountability is not necessary for a company that is written in software. Either costumers/partners/investors agree with the protocol (i.e. software) or they don't ..
Even though there is no accountability in BitShares as a company, you can still have accountability towards businesses run ON the blockchain (e.g. by means of UIAs)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Ok, 1) which delegate accounts are responsible?
2) Who are the biggest stakeholders?

There is no president to go too as u asked in last msg.. in the next big release it will be voter determined. Delegates will put through proposed changes and the stakeholders will vote them in or out. It is all going to run on the blockchain.. there is no one person to go to.. what you would do is submit a proposal to delegates to consider. Like a Bill. If it gets passed then it gets sent out for voting.. if voted for then it gets passed to the blockchain for a fork. If it passes the witnesses who validate the fork with the update to the network then it becomes law.

This is essentially how  understand everything is going in the next few months.. I say again that this public poll is moot because it is going to ultimately be the Delegates who decide how this should go. There are many ways to measure accountability, some more efficient than others.

I can tell you right now the main concern is not going to be this accountability thing, but more about getting good talent to fill positions needed. If the Delegates pickup the ball with their new position then it should be a proactive plan of positions required to be filled and tenders for RFPs.. not like the way it has been in the past hoping someone would come along with some idea that might do something helpful.

I dunno.. I'm getting the impression people in this thread didn't listen to bytemasters hangout on Friday.. lot o the discussion and commentary going on here doesn't make much sense with that in mind... my comments above reflect this.

In regards to DPOS 2.0 Ken and demanding certain features as of NOW.. it's ultimately up to the community to decide. I3 is just providing the tools for us to decide what to do with this strange new wonderful thing.

I think there are other tools beyond the blockchain that can provide more flexible performance metrics based on the jobs they need to do.. they can perhaps then be programmed to interface with the API.. and there you have your accountability wunderbar. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
For the record, I shouldn't have to downvote the "President" just to get him to do what the community has requested of him above. He is doing other things that are extremely important, so, I will not downvote him, but he does need to come to this thread and acknowledge that we want those 10 features listed above added to the core.

This way, I can use those 10 features in our 2 DAC's here in Munich. Our investors REQUIRE accountability, whether the BitShares DAC does or not. Those features need to be coded into DPOS 2.0.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
By the poll response, I'd say the market has spoken. Workers must be accountable,

That's EXACTLY why this so-called vote is a !"§$ manipulation!

There's a difference between the thread title and the text for the "yes" vote. Those who voted "yes" did not say that workers should be REQUIRED to publish their info, yet that's what casual readers seem to take as the outcome.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I really like the direction kenCode is pushing us.....we need to help him along because the principals he's guided by are sound. We must continue to innovate.....remember, everything we try can be adjusted until it has the right balance and functions effectively.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, 1) which delegate accounts are responsible?
2) Who are the biggest stakeholders?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
When a Poll (ie: Vote) is successful like this, how do we make our "President" do what we want?
approve if he does what you want
unapprove if he doesn't

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
When a Poll (ie: Vote) is successful like this, how do we make our "President" do what we want?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The code that will facilitate the features above can be used by other DAC's as well.

I am forming two other DAC's with some friends here in Munich and we DO want accountability, as do the whales and others I've mentioned.

Just like it says above, the Top workers are rewarded with Bonuses and the slackers are fined and fired automatically.
The blockchain HR will keep them in check so that the shareholders don't have to. Apathy is a killer, no?
www.PalmPay.chat