Author Topic: POLL: Should paid Workers be REQUIRED to Publish their accountability info?  (Read 35930 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Tuck Fheman

For those who do not speak English well (like myself), the above images are jokes.

I sometimes forget that not everyone gets the joke, or speaks the same language. I apologize if the images alarmed anyone.

I always try to make it somewhat obvious, but if I give in too much it loses it's luster.

Re: the pm I received ... Someone please translate this properly and repost it where necessary to avoid a nuclear panic selloff please.  ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
And we're back up to #7.

Soon to be back in the rightful position of #4. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Epic posts! :D

I got another 80k BTS today.  Doing my part to help this rise. :)

Tuck Fheman

are you that? - Tuck Fheman ? ;)

No way, teh bitshares messenger's talents are way above my pay grade.

This dude/dudette can predict teh past AND create crapsterpieces that most artist aren't paid for until after their death (which really does no one any good).

This person is making straight BitShares homie, while they are still alive, and are probably making more than most delegates these days!!! Take that bitshares economy!

If there's one thing I have learned from bitshares messenger its ... Ken, you're doing it wrong.

Instead of spending all of your time doing actual work, you could be sitting around like teh messenger (allegedly), with Gimp open all day long (allegedly), while they wait for someone to say something that can be turned into craptastic artistic (I'm dyslexic, sorry) bitshares g0ld (allegedly).

I can only dream of becoming what teh messenger has become, in one short post. When you have BitcoinJesus2.O (ain't no body got time for 1.0!) offering to prepay for artwork, you've got it made.

It's all gravy from here on for teh bitshares messenger, I wish he/she were me.

-----------------

Back on topic : Yes, I think paid workers should be required to publish some records and stuff or something.

Like this 'messenger' person, since they now have a paid BTS gig with BJ2, I think they should be required to publicly publish some sort of accountability info, like grams incinerated per image (aka teh 'GIPI Ratio'), cost of paper supplies, scissors and glass jars ... you know, the essentials of running any successful interwebs business. I need some accountability to count your abilities bitshares messenger!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
@BitcoinJesus2.O - You are just all kinds of awesome. Not sure how old you are, but you sound like you've run a few companies yourself.

I can tell you guys, it takes years to develop a badass product. When I first started Line9 Corp (a software company that I built and ran for over 16 years) all we had was a basic shopping cart. Then it became an inventory management system. And then it read barcodes. And then CRM. And then a Project Manager (similar to github). And then it connected to dialin pools. And then it handled RMA's and logistics. And then and then and then.....

Building a software product takes thousands of manhours. Very very expensive manhours.

I was able to skype anybody in the company at any time during their working hours (USA, Latvia, Ukraine, Germany, India, etc). I knew who was doing what, and exactly when it would be done. If the Devs told me two weeks, I told the customer 6 weeks. If I didn't have that kind of control (yes, I said the evil word) who knows what those guys would have been doing.

Patience is key. Accountability is required.
Drive them hard, hire/fire when absolutely necessary, and constantly reward the top performers.
It's not that hard to turn this company around.
Put our technology to Work.. #BlockchainHR

I think we need to elect and utilize Ken's skills and knowledge as much as possible.
Ken makes a lot of sense and i love his ideas and drive.  +5% +5%

No comment.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
@BitcoinJesus2.O - You are just all kinds of awesome. Not sure how old you are, but you sound like you've run a few companies yourself.

I can tell you guys, it takes years to develop a badass product. When I first started Line9 Corp (a software company that I built and ran for over 16 years) all we had was a basic shopping cart. Then it became an inventory management system. And then it read barcodes. And then CRM. And then a Project Manager (similar to github). And then it connected to dialin pools. And then it handled RMA's and logistics. And then and then and then.....

Building a software product takes thousands of manhours. Very very expensive manhours.

I was able to skype anybody in the company at any time during their working hours (USA, Latvia, Ukraine, Germany, India, etc). I knew who was doing what, and exactly when it would be done. If the Devs told me two weeks, I told the customer 6 weeks. If I didn't have that kind of control (yes, I said the evil word) who knows what those guys would have been doing.

Patience is key. Accountability is required.
Drive them hard, hire/fire when absolutely necessary, and constantly reward the top performers.
It's not that hard to turn this company around.
Put our technology to Work.. #BlockchainHR

I think we need to elect and utilize Ken's skills and knowledge as much as possible.
Ken makes a lot of sense and i love his ideas and drive.  +5% +5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

That was just me messing around down in the BitShares Cryptonomics Lab.

Fortunately the damage was mostly confined to this quadrant of the Galaxy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:17:20 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

All right kids, there you have it.  Your next assignment is to paint me a picture of exactly where we would be today if Protoshares (and AGS of course) had never existed.  Imagine the possibilities (this is where they got that motto)(from the fother mucking future)

Somebody, take this money, please don't make me post another James Brown link, please.  Please PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

If I win, send to bitghost

Tuck Fheman

I for one, know why I am here....I think I have a few good friends here still with their heads in the sand...

The ship has sunk...I am just the messenger here...

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
This project died between Feb and early March this year, Thom.
Do not get too pumped up. It is all history now. You can wait and see what the next big thing is...trinity-Dpos, bitAssets 2.0 and the 17,000 lines of code solving 17 non-existing issues ... a whole lot of nonsense and dust in the eyes of the few left... Just save your nerves, it is all BS that gonna come supposedly early June.
There will probably be one more round on 'great news/secret sauces' iteration   6-9 mo. later, but the thing died several months ago.

This project has been dead for months, jshow.
Don't get your "small stakes" in a wad or get too excited to post here, it's all history now.
You can move on, it's ok. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you ... on other forums, I'm sure ... I mean, it's possible.
Why stick around a dead project coding 17,000 lines of new code for a new faster way to do things when they could have spent that time fixing old code that's flawed and should be done away with forever!
This place works completely backwards, jshow. You should be heading up the team, because we need to look backwards, not forwards! We need to dwell on our mistakes, try to fix code we've proven cannot possibly work in the future and stop coming up with solutions and new ideas. If I see one more round of secret sauce sagacity I'm going to spew!
But this thing died several months ago, so none of this matters. I don't even know why the two of us are still here, do you?

I for one, know why I am here....I think I have a few good friends here still with their heads in the sand, not fully realizing that slightly changing DPOS to 'Delegated proof of witnessing'....and slightly improving bitAssets from 1.0 to 2.0, while a progress is not a tide changing improvement. The 9 month to do so little is still an enormous loss though.

The only true progress that might have been made is bonds...but they are just a pipe dream...no concept, no idea how they gonna actually work (feeding you shit BCJ2.0 as I put it; but you believe if they really put their heads into it they can turn pretty much everything into gold....well some very talented and smart people tried it for hundred of years...no gold at the end as you might know)

The ship has sunk...I am just the messenger here...