Author Topic: BitShares as a safe haven from cryptocoin fluctuation  (Read 888 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
To me and possibly many of you, one of the great possibilities of BTS is beginning to bypass the legacy banking system as often as possible.

In this, we are in agreement with cryptocur users, whatever their choice of coin may be.

We are also no strangers to the perils of leaving cash at exchanges, and with the string of more or less regular "thefts" from exchanges, a decent pie of crypto users are wary to leave their money at the exchange - and rightly so.

It seems to me that BTS is the perfect complement for a modern cryptocur user. We don't always want to be exposed to the volatility of the prices. Moving back and forth between the banking system and the exchange is silly, and leaving money at the exchange is not prudent.

This is one of the areas where BitAssets can really shine.

It is my belief that one of the big impediments for (e.g) a bitcoin user to use (e.g) dash is simply tribal loyalty. He seems himself as a bitcoiner, and wants to stay away from those other guys. In my opinion this has prevented many a crypto enthusiast from making better investment decisions, but this is not my point.

BitShares does not compete with the other coins in the same way. We are complementary, not adversarial.
If bitcoin is falling, then why not store your wealth in BitUSD (or BitSilver, or..) for the time being?

I know I have, and it's saved me more than 1K.

Presently I do not think the users of these coins know that there is an alternative.
If that assessment is correct, I propose that we begin identifying the most direct/impactful ways to spread the word about this - in forums, bitcoin/altcoin centric websites, reddit, and so on.

Altough we ought to wait until some of the issues with the client are fixed, or it will leave a bad impression.
That is no impediment to start planning the strategy now.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:36:10 pm by karnal »