Author Topic: World's first ACCT has been performed by the CIYAM Team  (Read 1886 times)

Tuck Fheman

UPDATE:  For BitShares implications - it should implement it, but seeing the progress so far, I doubt it would happen anytime soon.
cass arranged talks between Dan and Ian in the past already IIRC. The current issue is lack of human resources. I am certain that once the next release is is out and running without major hickups the devs will (or should) approach CIYAM again

I have been in talks with Ian since the early days of BTS.   I have reviewed his work and consider it superior to Ethereum.  I would likely take an approach similar to his and adopt his code if it gains any traction and is proven.   Performance is my primary consideration as well as simplicity. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
UPDATE:  For BitShares implications - it should implement it, but seeing the progress so far, I doubt it would happen anytime soon.
cass arranged talks between Dan and Ian in the past already IIRC. The current issue is lack of human resources. I am certain that once the next release is is out and running without major hickups the devs will (or should) approach CIYAM again

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I'm way from an expert in this area, but for my learning, how can the Qora AT be sure that Alice has sent a valid key for Bob's Burst transaction, when it transfers the Qora to Alice and only then reveals the key to Bob. Can Bob's key fail? It must know this, I'm just not sure how.

What does the BitShares development team think of this news and what are the implications for Bitshares?

The implications are that you could built a decentralized exchange this way. So by the time Bitcoin comes up with side chains - they will be obsolete.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I'm way from an expert in this area, but for my learning, how can the Qora AT be sure that Alice has sent a valid key for Bob's Burst transaction, when it transfers the Qora to Alice and only then reveals the key to Bob. Can Bob's key fail? It must know this, I'm just not sure how.

What does the BitShares development team think of this news and what are the implications for Bitshares?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
History was made. Imagine the possibilities!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Soooo freakin' awesome!!

An Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer between Burst and Qora has been occurred successfully

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
:) Congratz to all parties involved!
Guess a piece of crypto history is written today…

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:18:45 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4vYMJwBtRGLLVQ0OElQRzJackE/edit?pli=1

just fyi

I don't know the implications of integrating this in BTS because of TITAN but anyone can use it
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:38:23 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads