Author Topic: MineBitShares... with my phone?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Think of the all DRM they will be able to enforce on a hardware level...

looking into a bright future … :-[
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Pheonike

Think of the all DRM they will be able to enforce on a hardware level...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
http://juliansarokin.com/thoughts-on-21-co/
People are so busy looking at the trees that can't see the forest.

just noticed .. ok so it's not just a widlguess on my side .. i begin to think^^
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Don't waste your (and everyone elses) energy on mining!

The profit model of 21inc really seems to be broken .. I'd like to see there calculations of when (i.e. how many devices they need to sell) this will make any sense (e.g. profit)!

maybe the interest on this project isn't to much on  profit direction
(maybe more into how to observe us more and more and connecting devices for this purposes over IOT – so next BIG DATA project is coming along ...)

</wildguess>

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I'm assuming this would HELP BitShares, by allowing me to participate in the pool with my phone. Maybe update my firmware or something so that I can designate 1 or more processes to mining in the background (when the screen is off)??

I've never mined, never had an interest, but I *would* if this helps us in any way.

I "advertised" MineBitShares, sort of, maybe you guys can chime in too?
http://www.coindesk.com/21-inc-confirms-plans-bitcoin-distribution/#comment-2033968627

It's a cute story.. we might get some investor-jacking out of it when people go looking for bitshares.. but as far as MineBitshares goes.. this isn't really going to help. The idea of mining from your phone is a fantasy.. the amount of CPU power needed would just eat peoples batteries up so fast nobody would want to do it anymore.

On a side note, in private conversations some of you know I have talks about a possible extension of MineBitShares being a module that installs into servers to enable CPU mining when servers are low load.. there are some CPU based algos out there that could make it at least interesting... again.. all the roads would lead to BitShares... THIS BitShares. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Pheonike

Its not about making money off the transactions directly, but the transactions that having a chip like this enables. They are making a payment network for machines to transact with each other.  The values comes from the type of transaction that are made and not the fee of the transactions.

http://juliansarokin.com/thoughts-on-21-co/

People are so busy looking at the trees that can't see the forest.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Don't waste your (and everyone elses) energy on mining!

The profit model of 21inc really seems to be broken .. I'd like to see there calculations of when (i.e. how many devices they need to sell) this will make any sense (e.g. profit)!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'm assuming this would HELP BitShares, by allowing me to participate in the pool with my phone. Maybe update my firmware or something so that I can designate 1 or more processes to mining in the background (when the screen is off)??

I've never mined, never had an interest, but I *would* if this helps us in any way.

I "advertised" MineBitShares, sort of, maybe you guys can chime in too?
http://www.coindesk.com/21-inc-confirms-plans-bitcoin-distribution/#comment-2033968627
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat