Author Topic: Getting a SWIFT code for BitShares - Should I do this?  (Read 8285 times)

38PTSWarrior

We had here a style of peaceful communications and I wish it stays this way. Stan once said that bytemaster needs time to let out his ideas and when we all waited for the btsx client it took longer but it was coming. This is a strength. It is unimportant if he says “in 2 weeks“ and then it takes 5 instead. For me.

jakub

I'd say pursue it if you can make money with it FOR YOURSELF. Then you don't have to ask anyone for permission.
+5% spot-on

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Banks use it to transfer between different banks in different countries, etc.
If SWIFT will transmit our Public Keys, then every financial institution in their network can sell our products.
From what I understand so far, if banks can sell bitGOLD (for example) then they act as the kyc/aml onramp, not us.

Before you guys attack me on this and fearmonger, rest assured I have not developed a Business Plan on this yet, I have our privacy and decentralization in the forefront of my heart and I am asking if this is even something that you would like me to pursue after v1.0 and DPOS 2.0.

I'd say pursue it if you can make money with it FOR YOURSELF. Then you don't have to ask anyone for permission.

This is along the libertarian ideals the forum and community was build on early on.

Along the same lines: If you are upset about something (= can't see it changing) start your own business. Easy. No need to accuse anyone :)

PS: I am pretty happy with how this community developed and how BM and co are setting things up: More entrepreneurs, less drama ;)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

I'm not sure if dividing the community like this is such a good idea.

Chill people.

Let's eat each other alive!!!! THIS and only this will fix our current problems! 

@karnal, you should have said "Chili people".

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I don't know about you guys, but I think Stan has the face and the knowledge for public appearances. I'll build the business with your help and Stan closes them. Fav, can you help with this?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
BitShares is bigger than all of us, Dan included, and he would be the first person to admit it.

While this is true, we as shareholders must be very selective in who we give the opportunity to represent bitshares in the public. Shady people / scammers will come for our capital.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yeah, Ken, you're a pit bull and obviously a better marketer and boss (looking for that accountability) than Dan is, but Dan is the talent, and you and I are nothing without the product that Dan and Toast and Vik and crew make for us.  I know that it feels like you have been patient, but you need to look at what is instead of what you expect.

I believe that Dan means well, and that he has the tools and team to accomplish his dream. 

Believe me, he wants the product to be solid and flexible at the same time.

He is working magic.

He is creating a robot that enforces our constitution.  It is not easy.

I'm super pumped too, but I ain't the tough love type.  I'd give the talent some space, and realize that you have no control over this current creative process.  He is in a period of inspiration, don't kill his buzz.

He is Dock Ellis pitching a perfect game on LSD and you are the rookie telling him that he has a "no no" going:

One bobbled ball, and we wind up with a bug that will crash the share price faster than you can say "you're fired"

Take a chill pill, and don't jinx the talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxen7thd5BU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOqHLeKGH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZUPR1mPeQ

BitShares is bigger than all of us, Dan included, and he would be the first person to admit it.
+5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
My ideas may seem a bit wacky at times, so that's why I'd prefer to Poll them here and see what you guys think. I have my core competencies, but I can't think of everything, ya know?

In my Delegate Proposal I mentioned that too. If someone else has a great idea (like the tri-fold flyers for instance) I always give credit where credit is due. I took emailtooaj's design, open sourced it, and now his work is being translated into tons of different languages which increases our exposure 10-fold.

Working with SWIFT would save me a ton of manhours and money. Even if I do become a Delegate, you've seen how I just flip that money right back into the BitShares ecosystem anyway. I'll create more jobs and go wide. A wider audience equates to a higher probability of whales entering our space.

Thank You all for your votes of confidence!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
as long as KenCode stays with us I have more hope about the project...
I will  watching him closely... so I will find out the best buy/sell signals.... (I hope not  sells)  :)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
If SWIFT will transmit our Public Keys, then every financial institution in their network can sell our products.
From what I understand so far, if banks can sell bitGOLD (for example) then they act as the kyc/aml onramp, not us.

Before you guys attack me on this and fearmonger, rest assured I have not developed a Business Plan on this yet, I have our privacy and decentralization in the forefront of my heart and I am asking if this is even something that you would like me to pursue after v1.0 and DPOS 2.0.

i am not against it, but it seems to me not anyone can get this.Banks, Brokers etc. and we are far away from this, so i just want to know if you have more information then me!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Connecting to SWIFT is a great strategy - if vetted through legal counsel prior. Tail risks etc.

Ken sees what BitShares can be and has the passion to execute.

The community should support his efforts, and I have voted with my stake.

I will say that technical folk and business folk occupy different realities and there is a bit of an art to bridging them.

BitShares is being built by extremely intellegent, extremely talented technical folk.

Soon, very soon, BitShares is going to need some very hard hitting suits to push out into the corporate world.

Ken is jumping the gun a bit, but he and his ilk are the next evolution.

I would say six months before the tech is ready for the first wave - just enough time for Ken and Co. to saddle up.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
We dont need you Ken. Please calm down or find yourself another community.

We absolutely do need Ken.  We need people who passionately want to help build bitshares.

Dan Larimer is our Steve Wozniac, the technical genius behind the product.  But he has had to try to act like our Steve Jobs as well, and this is not a task he was built for.  Dan hired Brian and Adam to help with these aspects, and so far they havent panned out.  (Maybe Adam still will in the future, we shall see, I still hold out hope for this).

Anyone who can contribute in these business development, project management, and marketing areas is valuable to the community.  We need people like KenCode, very much! We needed people like rgcrypto and MethodX.  They tried hard for a while and got burned out.  It is disappointing to see the BTS price go down so much, so this burnout makes a lot of sense.  I hope they will be back in the future when BTS recovers! 

There are many others in this community contributing as well, in various ways. 

We are all on the same team, every supporter of Bitshares.   We should not fight or discourage each other. 
It is understandable that we are all angry because BTS is down.  We are upset about past failures to deliver, and apprehensive about any delay.  But we must not fight amongst ourselves. 

The mood will get a LOT better as soon as the price begins to rally. 
The mood will also get a LOT better as soon as the big release comes.  (Please devs, neither delay too long, nor have any big bugs that harm the user experience!  We cannot take more of this.  But a delay is still preferable to a terrible experience).

Its necessary that Ken is asking for accountability in delegates, this is important.  We need to not be too lax in our duty as shareholders to police this, but we also cannot be too quick to condemn. 

Lets not take our anger out on each other.  We are all mad about the BTS price, its easy to try to blame.  Instead be nice to everyone working to help bitshares, the recovery is coming.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline JA

• View Profile
i don't get the SWIFT number!

how can you get one? for what is it usable?

How i understand it, you need a company etc. to get one and then what? Could we connect directly to the bank system without any license? I don't think so, or is here a way i don't know?
i would like to know that too! +5%