Author Topic: Understanding BitAsset Limitations  (Read 6369 times)

Offline bytemaster

Once we recognize that the price must MOVE as a result of volume we must ask how much should it move and should it ever be able to move below $1.00 at any volume?

A BitAsset with a force settlement limit of 1% per day will have a lower premium than one that allows 100% per day.
A BitAsset with a force settlement fee of 10% will sometimes trade below $1.00 but be less likely to trade at $1.10.

Two markets can have the same price feed but vastly different order books depending upon whether there is a Buy Wall or a Sell Wall and which side has the long low, volume tail reaching toward the feed. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

A peg is meaningless if you do not consider volume:

You can have $1.00 pegged to 1 BitUSD  *or*  You can have $100,000 pegged to 100,000 BitUSD but you cannot do both at the same time.

My argument is that we should prefer to peg $100,000 to 100,000 BitUSD rather than pegging $1.00 to 1 BitUSD because large merchants and people that wish to trade in large quantities of BitUSD need to know that they can accept it at face value. 

Think of it as the difference in premium between 1 oz units of gold and and a gold bar with 400 oz of gold.   

So long as the discussion is clouded with illusions that you can peg ALL volumes at the same price we will continue to talk in circles.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.