Author Topic: PeerTracks 4x6 Explainer Card (Give them to your artist friends)  (Read 7333 times)

Offline robrigo

I am a NOTE holder/buyer and a PeerTracks believer, but I am not going to promote it to my friends and acquaintances in the industry until I can specifically explain to them how they will be getting paid under this model, and until the web site and links are cleaned up.

Fully agree!
We also don't want the word out yet. We aren't presentable yet.
We are working on functionality so that we have a proof of concept that can interest big players. So nothing is pretty yet. It will be in 2015 though. When that time comes, you'll know ^^
I can respect that. If you didn't want me to promote, you should have let me know last week man.  :P

To me it is all about managing expectations. Don't give the impression that it is released, but instead that it is coming soon. We can outline in broad strokes the gist and highlight the features of a platform like peertracks if we inform people that it isn't ready yet but in the works, no?

Not to forget, the potential for upside when buying and holding NOTEs is huge. Isn't it good if we "inception" more people to come across this community and learn what we already know? One of my major motivations for teaching people about block chain networks is to get more hands on the core asset. If we find more people that are right here along side of us before these networks find real utility and grow expontentially, there will be a greater net prosperity for us all. More opportunities to open new doors in the lives of more people using censorship resistant block chain technology.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
I am a NOTE holder/buyer and a PeerTracks believer, but I am not going to promote it to my friends and acquaintances in the industry until I can specifically explain to them how they will be getting paid under this model, and until the web site and links are cleaned up.

Fully agree!
We also don't want the word out yet. We aren't presentable yet.
We are working on functionality so that we have a proof of concept that can interest big players. So nothing is pretty yet. It will be in 2015 though. When that time comes, you'll know ^^
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline robrigo

I don't blame you. I  couldn't miss the opportunity presented by this annual music fest to generate some hype and mindshare. I was focused on getting the general concept across to artists and trying to funnel them to the sign up form. This way when they do come across peertracks in the future, they will subconsciously remember seeing it before. Also they may sign up early and potentially join the closed beta.

Offline joereform

Offline robrigo

The cards look good in person. My crappy pictures aren't doing them justice:

Offline JA

• View Profile
"It's Audio Ad-Free"

Interesting....Does this mean there will be display ads in the player or something?
Comparing to Spotify maybe?
yes

Offline DestBest

"It's Audio Ad-Free"

Interesting....Does this mean there will be display ads in the player or something?
Comparing to Spotify maybe?
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

38PTSWarrior

jaran

"It's Audio Ad-Free"

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
that's all nice and stuff, but why waste money? Sign-Up doesn't work.

mh for it works ...
http://peertracks.com/artist-signup/index.php

FF and Chrome are working nicely

interesting. disabled adlock in chrome, test worked now. quite unusual though...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

mh for it works ...
http://peertracks.com/artist-signup/index.php

FF and Chrome are working nicely
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mikek3

• View Profile
Looks like imgur downgraded these images?  :-\

Download the .zip of the jpegs here (300dpi and ready for print): http://www.mikekochis.com/peertracks/peertracks_flyer_jpgs.zip

Offline robrigo

Funneling musicians that are interested in early access isn't a waste of money imo. I confirmed with @cob that the form was OK for artists to submit their information. The UX could be a bit more polished on it, for example a thanks page / msg. after submission would be a good way to notify the artist that their submission will be seen. Also not sure if contact fields are being validated... at the very least band info and an email address should be required. Also the message could include an indication that they will get a followup e-mail closer to the launch.

Any update on the status of this form @bitsapphire?

Signup doesn't work, just tested it.

If I was an artist and wanted to sign-up and it doesn't work - well I would forget about this site instant.

Were you using Chrome? I signed up fine in Firefox.

"Thank you for submission"

yep, used chrome.

I reported some similar chrome bugs on the moonstone app earlier. The activate account link that gets emailed wasn't working. Potentially both are related to the way both sites are using angular or something? Just a guess.

Edit: successfully submitted the signup form in chrome and got the "Thank you for submission" message.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:52:23 am by robrigo »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Funneling musicians that are interested in early access isn't a waste of money imo. I confirmed with @cob that the form was OK for artists to submit their information. The UX could be a bit more polished on it, for example a thanks page / msg. after submission would be a good way to notify the artist that their submission will be seen. Also not sure if contact fields are being validated... at the very least band info and an email address should be required. Also the message could include an indication that they will get a followup e-mail closer to the launch.

Any update on the status of this form @bitsapphire?

Signup doesn't work, just tested it.

If I was an artist and wanted to sign-up and it doesn't work - well I would forget about this site instant.

Were you using Chrome? I signed up fine in Firefox.

"Thank you for submission"

yep, used chrome.