Author Topic: PeerTracks 4x6 Explainer Card (Give them to your artist friends)  (Read 7332 times)

Offline robrigo

that's all nice and stuff, but why waste money? Sign-Up doesn't work.

Funneling musicians that are interested in early access isn't a waste of money imo. I confirmed with @cob that the form was OK for artists to submit their information. The UX could be a bit more polished on it, for example a thanks page / msg. after submission would be a good way to notify the artist that their submission will be seen. Also not sure if contact fields are being validated... at the very least band info and an email address should be required. Also the message could include an indication that they will get a followup e-mail closer to the launch.

Any update on the status of this form @bitsapphire?

Signup doesn't work, just tested it.

If I was an artist and wanted to sign-up and it doesn't work - well I would forget about this site instant.

Were you using Chrome? I signed up fine in Firefox.

"Thank you for submission"

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Funneling musicians that are interested in early access isn't a waste of money imo. I confirmed with @cob that the form was OK for artists to submit their information. The UX could be a bit more polished on it, for example a thanks page / msg. after submission would be a good way to notify the artist that their submission will be seen. Also not sure if contact fields are being validated... at the very least band info and an email address should be required. Also the message could include an indication that they will get a followup e-mail closer to the launch.

If I was an artist and wanted to sign-up and it doesn't work - well I would forget about this site instant.

Edit: wait, there's no confirmation on signup?

Offline robrigo

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
the stream is not free

they will "free all"

so the artist has a choice if he wants the major shares or get in touch with itunes etc. and loose a arm and a leg.

Offline robrigo

I still don't get this part of the website.

FREE ALL ACCESS MUSIC STREAMING ONLINE OR OFFLINE

How will streaming be profitable if it's free and without adds?

That said I think it's cool what you are doing. I still just wish there was more of a product to present to people and something a little less confusing then what it is now.

Thanks for the support.

Sounds too good to be true right?  8) I know there does in fact exist a revenue model, but the specifics aren't public as that is to be kept under wraps until the time is right (via the NDA). I am not under NDA so I personally do not know what said model is or how it works.

That's when you really know you are onto something innovative... when it challenges one's intuition because the concept is so far out of the box!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:54:55 am by robrigo »

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
I still don't get this part of the website.

FREE ALL ACCESS MUSIC STREAMING ONLINE OR OFFLINE

How will streaming be profitable if it's free and without adds?

That said I think it's cool what you are doing. I still just wish there was more of a product to present to people and something a little less confusing then what it is now.

Offline robrigo

Detroit is a nexus for independent and innovative musicians of all styles, speeds, and persuasions. Because of this, I aim to funnel this diversity of local artists into the PeerTracks system via word of mouth and ads, to help increase the collection of artists on board when the project goes live. This week the city is alive with music due to the Movement Festival, which attracts over 100,000 people each memorial weekend to the city.

Brainstorming with @mikek3, who did the design work, and obtaining feedback from @cob, we came up with the following double sided 4x6 based on the branding and copy from the peertracks.com site. If you are so compelled, feel free to use the design for your own local initiatives!

Download resources here.

PDF links to the front and back.

Front:

Back:

I've got 5000 of these on rush order so I can hit the ground hard this weekend. DJ @thread is playing the show and has access to the artist lounge, which we fully intend to infiltrate with these cards.

Cost to Print:                 $150
Next day completion:    $100
Sales tax:                      $15   
Total costs:                    $265

@cob subsidized my efforts by pitching in $100 bitUSD. Donations to help cover the cost of materials are appreciated, and I am willing to send out left over cards (after I scatter them all over Detroit venues and cafes) to community members that want a stack of them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:23:18 pm by robrigo »