Author Topic: MasterCard with BitUSD? could be with CCEDK  (Read 11910 times)

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Do you know how one could arbitrage CCEDK against the DEX?
I'm looking for instructions that shareholders can follow
I am not a trader .. maybe @riverhead or @xeldal can help out here .. afaik they run market makers on the DEX

Also, unless I'm missing something I can't see much volume for EUR on the internal exchange using bitsharesblocks.com
Is that normal?
Ehm .. yhea .. for bitEUR that is still "normal" ... there are bitassets that are traded alot like CNY and USD .. and there are all the others .. liquidity is still an issue ..

But a DEX arbitrage would help .. Maybe I can put some funds forward to this too when back from vacation ..

I am not a trader .. maybe @riverhead or @xeldal can help out here .. afaik they run market makers on the DEX

Also, unless I'm missing something I can't see much volume for EUR on the internal exchange using bitsharesblocks.com
Is that normal?
Ehm .. yhea .. for bitEUR that is still "normal" ... there are bitassets that are traded alot like CNY and USD .. and there are all the others .. liquidity is still an issue ..

But a DEX arbitrage would help .. Maybe I can put some funds forward to this too when back from vacation ..
Okay great!

Would Riverhead and xeldal benefit from shareholder investment in the fund used for market making?

I'm trying to think of a way bts bulls can be incentivized to pool their funds together to make DEX markets and have the profits shared between the operator and the shareholders who are invested.
Some kind of UIA backed by the trust that a group of elected delegates/oracles will sign the appropriate multisig transaction to issue profits to investors?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Is that normal?

Offline Permie

• View Profile
BAM:

Double BAM:

Is that normal?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Permie

• View Profile
When we reach the point where the card needs produced, we can call it whatever the bitshares holders would  prefer to be creating the biggest impact on the use of it to the whole world, so we will have some fun getting proper name figured out
+5%
BTSDEX.COM

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

How about calling it like this:

A SmartCoin™ Debit NanoCard MasterCard with no volatility risk – A possible Gamechanger! - http://www.reddit.com/r/BitShares/comments/394zoc/a_smartcoin_debit_nanocard_mastercard_with_no/

why not just:

A SmartCoin-STABLE™ Debit Nano-MasterCard

When we reach the point where the card needs produced, we can call it whatever the bitshares holders would  prefer to be creating the biggest impact on the use of it to the whole world, so we will have some fun getting proper name figured out :)
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

A SmartCoin™ Debit NanoCard MasterCard with no volatility risk – A possible Gamechanger! - http://www.reddit.com/r/BitShares/comments/394zoc/a_smartcoin_debit_nanocard_mastercard_with_no/

why not just:

A SmartCoin-STABLE™ Debit Nano-MasterCard

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Great!
And it will be excellent, if you support Unionpay or Alipay. This will open the door to moon!

Alipay we already tried o they will be hard to work with, as they have also publicly said that they dont accept crypto currencies, unless you have news regarding this witin the last half year I guess. Them and competitor is it Tricent or something like this.

Talk about Alipay, I wonder when Baba share can be traded in Bitshares network, that could nice. before it hits the fan an just goes up

I am always looking for ways to reach to the moon, so I am all ready for options, thanks

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Great!
And it will be excellent, if you support Unionpay or Alipay. This will open the door to moon!

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Part of the reason for a danish website with a chinese interface is becasue we would love to show the chinese community that we  want them onboard. I hope the new banking contact will make it possible to bring CNY quickly and with low cost to the exhange as well, but lets see what @btswildpig finds out.

I know also it is planned to add possibility of the card to be denominated not only in EUR and USD but also in CNY, and that would be on both the bitcoin as well as the BITUSD NanoCard.

I think that's the right direction. CNY is big in crypto, not just BitShares. When are you expecting news from the banking contact?

any work via Unionpay will have to come a little later, but no doubt we are already looking into this as well, we just cant do all at once, sadly but true.

That's alright. With a bitXXX card you guys are already ahead of any other exchange I personally know of. Things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Is mastercard not as widely used as unionpay in China? otherwise I see a BitCNY Debit Nanocard issued by Mastercard a potentially strong possibility soon.

In my (limited) experience, I've always had more luck with VISA than MC in China. But in terms of coverage and fees, UnionPay takes the cake.
I heard it is like this in many countries in the vicinity as well.

Either way, IME, it's undeniable that UnionPay is the better choice in the region (coverage/fees).
As a plus, UnionPay is already accepted in many places in Europe too.

Thanks very much for your comments, I appreciate them all, sorry for not getting back to you any earlier..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Part of the reason for a danish website with a chinese interface is becasue we would love to show the chinese community that we  want them onboard. I hope the new banking contact will make it possible to bring CNY quickly and with low cost to the exhange as well, but lets see what @btswildpig finds out.

I know also it is planned to add possibility of the card to be denominated not only in EUR and USD but also in CNY, and that would be on both the bitcoin as well as the BITUSD NanoCard.

I think that's the right direction. CNY is big in crypto, not just BitShares. When are you expecting news from the banking contact?

any work via Unionpay will have to come a little later, but no doubt we are already looking into this as well, we just cant do all at once, sadly but true.

That's alright. With a bitXXX card you guys are already ahead of any other exchange I personally know of. Things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Is mastercard not as widely used as unionpay in China? otherwise I see a BitCNY Debit Nanocard issued by Mastercard a potentially strong possibility soon.

In my (limited) experience, I've always had more luck with VISA than MC in China. But in terms of coverage and fees, UnionPay takes the cake.
I heard it is like this in many countries in the vicinity as well.

Either way, IME, it's undeniable that UnionPay is the better choice in the region (coverage/fees).
As a plus, UnionPay is already accepted in many places in Europe too.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Lets not forget that a sizeable portion of our community logs in from 中国, so a bitCNY card via UnionPay would be awesome!

The Chinese community here is and will continue to be part of our continued success. Keep up the good work everyone!!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:58:33 pm by ccedk »

Offline karnal

• View Profile
@ccedk: Any chance you could work with UnionPay as well for these cards in the future?

It's a big thing in Asia.

As I say on the about page on CCEDK, the SKY is the Limit, so lets see what we can do in coming months :)

I like your style :)

Some competition against visa/mastercard would be nice. Don't get me wrong, it's already pretty good that you have a biteur/bitusd/bitgbp card on the pipeline, wonderful news indeed.

Lets not forget that a sizeable portion of our community logs in from 中国, so a bitCNY card via UnionPay would be awesome!

The Chinese community here is and will continue to be part of our continued success. Keep up the good work everyone!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

We do need all Bitshares member's support to make this happen, as it has a lot to do with the ongoing trading activity of the bit asset pair BITUSD in particular but also the other two BITEUR and BITCNY, and ofcourse the Bitshares traded back and forth in EUR and USD.
Could you elaborate? What are the requirements for this to happen?

When can we see a EUR card?

If we have a NanoCard supported by bitcoin denominated in both EUR and USD, I have a feeling it could be the same option with a NanoCard supported by BitUSD then denominated in USD and EUR

And then it is only a question of getting the trading activity started on CCEDK.At least for the time being I prefer not to tell you the minimum amount needed in terms of liquidity needed on exchange on an ongoing basis, but is far from unlikely we could reach this within the next few weeks if community supports the introduction in best way possible. We will from CCEDK side support the community in all the ways possible to bring it up there as well.
Good enough for me

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
@ccedk: Any chance you could work with UnionPay as well for these cards in the future?

It's a big thing in Asia.

As I say on the about page on CCEDK, the SKY is the Limit, so lets see what we can do in coming months :)