Author Topic: Why I am afraid that the price of BTS is rising  (Read 10055 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
most charts indicates that this is not a healthy rise, something happened overnight

my doctor once said the same thing.

be happy bitshares can still get it up, even if it needs a little stimulation from time to time.

haha!!!  +5% +5% +5%

lol

First a glass of water please!

Our pills are the VGR 101  :)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
most charts indicates that this is not a healthy rise, something happened overnight

be happy bitshares can still get it up, even if it needs a little stimulation from time to time.

haha!!!  +5% +5% +5%

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
The increase of real value and the price, should be rational。As before, 1000000 bitusd

It looks like a pump and dump to me. The price shouldn't rise that quick over that period of time unless it's going to crash down just as quick over a similar period of time.

Usually an honest price rise is based on some news, or on the progress of the software. When you see neither news, progress, or a massive marketing campaign, then it can only be a few whales.

Bytemaster did mention VCs at some point so maybe?
I think price can decrease without news , so the price also can increase with anything , it is marketing ,reasonable.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Are you guys that were upset about the price rising happy now?  You got what you wanted. :P

No! Lower!

:D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Are you guys that were upset about the price rising happy now?  You got what you wanted. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
Low price is only in your heads. It does not have to be like that.
6BTC instant buy bring us to 4000sat now.
100BTC instant buy to 800.000sat.

One whale, what the heck even one medium sized dolphin can pump the shit out of BTS.
Not talking about real whales or new investors.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Wtf is wrong with people here... You bitch when price falls and you bitch when price rises. You bitch when there's a new release and you bitch about the current release.

Bunch of angry bitches
wuyanren is a famous bitch from chinese community.
he complain everything everyday.
Is it that everyone feels like stan as blind confidence better?I complained that many basic things are not good, but to see developers to indulge in verbiage
wuyanren I know you ,  and I also know what you think
you want to :
get a load peaches and sell it  in summer that you just planting little peach trees.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
most charts indicates that this is not a healthy rise,something happened overnight see what s leading us ,by the way not shorting any of my coins at the moment. :P

Why is VTC up 500% or BLK pumping? A lot of coins have been pumping all week, with no real indication why? Why wouldn't BTS get a pump? Is Infinitecoin really worth 500 BTC in volume? When you figure it out, let us and about 30 other communities who are asking the same questions right now... know.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:21:50 pm by canucklehead »

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
most charts indicates that this is not a healthy rise,something happened overnight see what s leading us ,by the way not shorting any of my coins at the moment. :P

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I wasn't unfortunately back in the days that bitcoin went from $2 to $30 and then back to $2...and bitcoin went up to $1,000...And now is $240...Bitcoiners feel that bitcoin is very cheap now..When I talk to people outside crypto who barely know bitcoin and I say it is worth $240 their reaction is wow so expensive... when I say, bitshares worth $0.006 and has potential they are like wow I would definitely buy that..

We only need a couple of big names to invest in bitshares a couple of millions and then that's it...

My point is and maybe I am completely wrong here is that I never felt that bitcoin was so amazing to be worth billions market cap. For usual people it is very difficult to trade and get in bitcoins. But if bitcoin is worth a couple of billions in market cap, bitshares and maybe some other projects out there, should be worth at least a couple of hundred millions market cap..

On another note I fully agree that Bitshares needs to do everything you mention below, but when this happens it should be worth billions not millions anymore..

In other words...to respond to the OP..Don't be afraid that the price of BTS is rising..It is natural..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:51:19 pm by mf-tzo »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
or maybe just none of those and things will proceed normally

Normal for me would be to be Bitshares @ +$200 mil market cap a year ago and stabilize at that level and we take it from there..

Bithsares falling like it felt the last year is the abnormal..

And I am trying not to much exaggerate here because what I truly believe and will always believe is that this babe should be worth more than bitcoin market cap or at least very close..

And you base your 200mil on? Look, I believe in BitShares, it's a great new and revolutionary technology with huge huge potential, however, at the moment you only have an idea, you don't have a product. We are all working towards that. Hopefully it will be way higher than 200mil, but, right now? No. Not even close. If you do really think so, please tell me why, I would like to know what you base your values on.

Functional product? No. Partnerships and Investors? No (as far as I'm aware). Exposure? >0 but extremely small and only within crypto community. Marketing? 0.

Don't get me wrong, we need one thing at a time, eventually we will get there, I really believe we will, but right now, at this moment, we are not as valuable as that.

We are all working towards that, not taking merit away from anyone who is working. I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture. Things take time. We are a very young start-up.

We are as valuable as 200mil and that's a good thing, we don't need to rush ourselves.Why having that value and not being able to deliver anything or be up to people's expectations? Why having that value and not being able to help people?

Even VCs don't value Ripple on 200mil or 100mil and that's one project that has huge chances of succeeding due to it's connections to the Banks, let alone BitShares. I'm not saying whose tech is better but you need to take in consideration that better technology isn't always valued higher and doesn't automatically grant a huge evaluation. It might, in due time, but not at the beggining.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:41:10 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile
It just doesn't make sense that it has to be either one of those two options. Of course, I might be wrong and that could happen. In crypto everything can happen, but it just isn't something I would ever base my predictions on.

Agreed +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile
If it takes off, it will necessarily have to have a market cap >$200mil.

I believe we need, once the client & the new ideas/changes are implemented and stabilized, to go full throttle on having BitAssets accepted as means of payment in as many areas as possible.

The other side of the coin is having easier ways for people to jump onboard. Do we have any USD/BitUSD onramps ? CNY/BitCNY ? (only bter?) Where you just make a bank transfer and voila.

Is it possible now to buy BitAssets or BTS with a credit card?

Normal users won't be (and shouldn't be required to) jump through bitcoin to reach us.

The concept looks solid, we just need to make it real easy for everyday users to use the system, and advertise this alternative.
Stuff like that infographic that surfaced some days ago is exactly the stuff we need.

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
Wtf is wrong with people here... You bitch when price falls and you bitch when price rises. You bitch when there's a new release and you bitch about the current release.

Bunch of angry bitches

+5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Do you guys forget that at some point a month after Bitshares released was at c$0.05 or 0.00009BTC or c$90 mil market cap?

At this point I think there are 2 scenarios:

BTS will either be worthing zero and this move is just a pump before the massive dump

or

BTS market cap will reach min $200 mil and will compete once again head to head with ripple and then moon..

With all the progress that Bitshares have done over the last year the 2nd scenario seems more probable to me. I mean we were at c$90 mil market cap just because the GUI was partially working..

So I suggest you guys keep cool now. Anyone dumping now will regret it..just my 2bts..

or maybe just none of those and things will proceed normally.
Was happend to "think bigger"?

I think BitShares will grow eventually, I just don't agree with the fact that whatever happens next needs to be one of those points, it doesn't need to be extreme. Of course I would like to see it grow to 200mil but that just doesn't sound realistic. Imo, if the announcement thing goes well and people are satisfied, we might have a rise in price, which will eventually correct a bit like usual and then we will proceed.

It just doesn't make sense that it has to be either one of those two options. Of course, I might be wrong and that could happen. In crypto everything can happen, but it just isn't something I would ever base my predictions on.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
or maybe just none of those and things will proceed normally

Normal for me would be to be Bitshares @ +$200 mil market cap a year ago and stabilize at that level and we take it from there..

Bithsares falling like it felt the last year is the abnormal..

And I am trying not to much exaggerate here because what I truly believe and will always believe is that this babe should be worth more than bitcoin market cap or at least very close..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Do you guys forget that at some point a month after Bitshares released was at c$0.05 or 0.00009BTC or c$90 mil market cap?

BTS will either be worthing zero and this move is just a pump before the massive dump

or

BTS market cap will reach min $200 mil and will compete once again head to head with ripple and then moon..

With all the progress that Bitshares have done over the last year the 2nd scenario seems more probable to me. I mean we were at c$90 mil market cap just because the GUI was partially working..

So I suggest you guys keep cool now. Anyone dumping now will regret it..just my 2bts..

Was happend to "think bigger"?

Offline Akado

• View Profile

or

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

or

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Yeah. It's not that BitShares should not be worth what it is now (heck, it should be worth MUCH more imo) ..

It's the +113% gain in 4 days .. there's no justification. Just speculation. It'll come back down again when the bulls are satiated.

There was absolutely no justification for it going from .07 to .02 during march and april.  Going back up to .07 therefore also requires no justification, and can happen quickly.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Because you are short?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure what we're seeing here is leaking of insider info... It happens in all markets - trading 101, and the charts gives us the clues...

Maybe, but I think this rise is reasonable even without insider info.  In fact, I think this rise is reasonable even if nothing happens at all for a while.  The price had gotten WAY too low. 

When it becomes obvious to the market that a bottom is in, and there are a lot of people who have been waiting with cash for that bottom, it can go up again very fast.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
All coins have been rising.. Seems it's new money coming in
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

sumantso

What if it is a pump and dump? Keep a close eye and when it shows signs of dump phase starting then sell.

This is a classic way to sucker in. A lot were waiting with BTC waiting for a reversal, and if the pump can sustain a bit they will buy in pushing the price even further = instant profits.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:39:11 pm by sumantso »

chryspano

I'm pretty sure what we're seeing here is leaking of insider info... It happens in all markets - trading 101, and the charts gives us the clues...

Those in the the know can't help but tell their friends or family of what a sure thing bitshares is based on their knowledge of what's up next.

See what happened on the 12th - someone (or a group) got very excited by some inside info and it's been happening ever since.

Can you really believe that it would be possible that whatever Dan and the team have been working on could be contained, especially if it involves other parties... It's practically impossible to keep multiple initiatives completely secret when so many people are working on it.

So while we're wondering what's going on - those in the know are probably taking advantage of the dips - and will do all the way up the announcements. Enjoy the ride.

When something is so much undervalued as bitshares was and still is, you don't need insider information to recognize an opportunity. Some people dumped their bts(for their own reasons) and the price dropped, does this mean that all the rest of us agreed that this was the "fair" price of bts? I was buying whenever I could at those prices and I don't believe I was alone, it was a matter of time for someone with full pockets to jump in. Everyone knows that at June we will have some good news and contrary to some whiners in the forum, lots of us believe that there will be good news indeed(I didn't say great news I said good news)

All I want to say is that this is a return to normal, nothing special about it. Lots of people saw the opportunity and grabbed it.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Bunch of angry bitches
Is it that everyone feels like stan as blind confidence better?I complained that many basic things are not good, but to see developers to indulge in verbiage

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Bunch of angry bitches

Offline robrigo

Bunch of angry bitches

Haha, well put!

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb

Those in the the know can't help but tell their friends or family of what a sure thing bitshares is based on their knowledge of what's up next.

See what happened on the 12th - someone (or a group) got very excited by some inside info and it's been happening ever since.

Can you really believe that it would be possible that whatever Dan and the team have been working on could be contained, especially if it involves other parties... It's practically impossible to keep multiple initiatives completely secret when so many people are working on it.

So while we're wondering what's going on - those in the know are probably taking advantage of the dips - and will do all the way up the announcements. Enjoy the ride.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Bunch of angry bitches

chryspano

It's a natural reaction off of deep oversold conditions.  We will probably see a sharp correction but prices should stabilize and consolidate at levels higher than the low... and gear up for the next growth spurt. 

The tides are turning IMO.  I am amazed at the skepticism, but the strongest bull markets are born out of the deepest skepticism.  Why was it not a dump and then pump?  Even bitcoin has gone through a long distribution phase since the beginning of the year.  It's about time for this space to get hot again.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
I dont mind price rise at all.
Especially when loaded with sub 1700 coins.
However it would be silly to dump.

This coin has unbelievable potential.
I hold. Thank you.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
The funny thing is people at bitcointalk probably panic buying, seeing things go up with the forum down not being able to talk about it or know what's going on.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
It's a natural reaction off of deep oversold conditions.  We will probably see a sharp correction but prices should stabilize and consolidate at levels higher than the low... and gear up for the next growth spurt. 

The tides are turning IMO.  I am amazed at the skepticism, but the strongest bull markets are born out of the deepest skepticism.  Why was it not a dump and then pump?  Even bitcoin has gone through a long distribution phase since the beginning of the year.  It's about time for this space to get hot again.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I just don't know why all the charts are green, every crypto in the top 10 is growing

+

=

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I just don't know why all the charts are green, every crypto in the top 10 is growing

Offline karnal

• View Profile
^^ I'd venture guessing the whales are playing to that tune exactly. Set the stage of rising prices well before the news, meanwhile the news come out, more people come in .. bigger profits.

Who knows?

Offline mangou007

I think that it is probably a few whales interested in cryptos or a few traders playing around speculation...
But it might not be that bad of a thing... If ,as planned ,a few good news come soon enough from devs, this might not be going down after all...
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Krills

• View Profile
We want a real price, not by speculation
All i know is that this guy sold his BTS at low level.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Yeah. It's not that BitShares should not be worth what it is now (heck, it should be worth MUCH more imo) ..

It's the +113% gain in 4 days .. there's no justification. Just speculation. It'll come back down again when the bulls are satiated.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
We want a real price, not by speculation

chryspano

When I see something like this and people start saying that bts price should be lower, then you know that something is really wrong in this world... something is really REALLY WRONG!!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Indeed. I say pump and dump, and will forever regret if it's not :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
The increase of real value and the price, should be rational。As before, 1000000 bitusd

It looks like a pump and dump to me. The price shouldn't rise that quick over that period of time unless it's going to crash down just as quick over a similar period of time.

Usually an honest price rise is based on some news, or on the progress of the software. When you see neither news, progress, or a massive marketing campaign, then it can only be a few whales.

This has to be it. What I find strange is whoever is doing this is not waiting for the June annoucement to cause a bigger impact. If I wanted to pump and dump, that's what I'd do. More profit. And this doesn't look sustainable for the next 2/3 weeks

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This was apparently expected and happened across the industry according to other members here.

Wait till next month when we have real news to push us further.

I don't really see anything to worry about.

But if you really want to ensure the value of BitShares continues to increase, you should really http://vote.bunkermining.com Delegates into the 101.

After you vote, tell all your whale friends to vote too!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
The rise and fall is all coming from btc38!

But we are not the only crypto who is targeted on btc38. So maybe some "big" players are trying to go into crypto

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile