Author Topic: Development Discussion: A LOW COST BITSHARES ATM  (Read 14114 times)

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
BTW your Bitshares PDF guide/infographic is really easy to understand.   Great job!

Yep good work :)
credit to Arlene Birt (abirt) www.backgroundstories.com!
She produced them assisted by community!

Great work Arlene and the community! 
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

jakub

It's core feature will be conversion of MPA to fiat and vice versa.
That's what I was hoping to hear. That's absolutely great.

Just to make sure I understand it correctly:
Case 1: pay-in
I insert some fiat banknotes into the ATM, enter my TITAN name and the machine sends MPA funds to my BitShares account (which I'll immediately see in my BitShares wallet on my mobile phone).
Case 2: pay-out
The ATM displays its TITAN name and I send some MPA funds to this name (using BitShares wallet on my mobile phone) and the machine pays out fiat banknotes in return.

Is this one of the possible workflows of your ATMs?

Offline bitcoin42

wow would this be the first non-bitcoin ATM? it almost sounds too good to be true!
Actually we are operating since over a year a Multicoin ATM. It currently supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and Blackcoin.

Genesis Coin Ldt offers these machines, we are resellers and we will collaborate with them, so they can add the Bts function into their models  as well. ;)

38PTSWarrior

A lottery! When you use it you have a chance, 1 out of 10 maybe, to get a free drink at a bar nearby.

That it plays a bit of music when the money comes out together with blinking leds who are on the machine like stars in the sky.

Offline bitcoin42

Sounds awesome!! Looking forward to everyone being creative in this thread to make the most of this project. :)

My only immediate question is, how will you motivate individuals to buy these and assemble them all over the world?
They can make profits with conversion fees, but also via the referral system bitshares announced to implement. The machines could also be configured to do more than instant exchange, and give therefore even more incentives. For example a Point of Sale system could be implemented.

Offline bitcoin42

What will this ATM offer to a customer?
Will I be able to convert fiat to its bit-asset equivalent?
What do you suggest the ATM should offer to a customer? It's core feature will be conversion of MPA to fiat and vice versa.

This thread is a kind of "think tank", so please express your imagination here. :)

Offline bitcoin42

Hey,

I've requested a business associate of mine to take a look at this.
He supplies my start-up with a steady source of Bitcoin and is looking to diversify into ATM's.
He is a biz grad from a top tier college in America and has been working along with my team towards tapping opportunities within the emerging crypto-sphere. He is currently in Chicago and has told me he will look into this once he's back, which should be around Tuesday.

P.s - I personally don't believe ATM's alone would bring in mass adaption of bitshares, but yes - it would be a factor.
Regards

ATMs are only one channel to get fiat into crypto, and I strongly believe that if Bitshares has several funnels to bring in the customers, either KYC compliant or not, things will be great. Even with just something like OTC trades website like localbitcoins (which someone could name localbitshares) dedicated to Bitshares and bitAssets, that's would be a very nice start.
It's a good idea to have something like localbitshares. with BitHalos double deposit escrow we could give people confidence to do OTC trades, without having to rely on a central platform and avoid regulatory burdens. However, that this will become bts compatible will take time.

But regarding the need of ATMs, we believe they are vital to on ramp the unbanked. There is a extremely huge amount of people in the world with no access to financial services, or if they have, they pay outrages fees, because the current system does not favor low income groups. That's why the importance to keep it low cost, so we can help the people who need it the most. We can literally save life's with this tech. I can elaborate on this an other time.
Double deposit escrow doesnt make much sense for localbitshares for either buyer or seller.

Op_checktimeverify may be used for trustless approach i think this doesnt hold collateral.
Can you give a reason why double deposit escrow would not make much sense in your opinion?

However it's actually off topic.

Does anyone here got ideas on features they would like to see in this atm integrated?

Please feel free to brainstorm. :)

Offline mangou007

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey,

He supplies my start-up with a steady source of Bitcoin and is looking to diversify into ATM's.
He is a biz grad from a top tier college in America and has been working along with my team towards tapping opportunities within the emerging crypto-sphere. He is currently in Chicago and has told me he will look into this once he's back, which should be around Tuesday.

P.s - I personally don't believe ATM's alone would bring in mass adaption of bitshares, but yes - it would be a factor.
Regards

ATMs are only one channel to get fiat into crypto, and I strongly believe that if Bitshares has several funnels to bring in the customers, either KYC compliant or not, things will be great. Even with just something like OTC trades website like localbitcoins (which someone could name localbitshares) dedicated to Bitshares and bitAssets, that's would be a very nice start.
It's a good idea to have something like localbitshares. with BitHalos double deposit escrow we could give people confidence to do OTC trades, without having to rely on a central platform and avoid regulatory burdens. However, that this will become bts compatible will take time.

But regarding the need of ATMs, we believe they are vital to on ramp the unbanked. There is a extremely huge amount of people in the world with no access to financial services, or if they have, they pay outrages fees, because the current system does not favor low income groups. That's why the importance to keep it low cost, so we can help the people who need it the most. We can literally save life's with this tech. I can elaborate on this an other time.
Double deposit escrow doesnt make much sense for localbitshares for either buyer or seller.

Op_checktimeverify may be used for trustless approach i think this doesnt hold collateral.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline bitcoin42

Hey,

Regards
Hi,
Thanks for this. We are going to crowd fund on www.gemspace.net soon, so stay tuned. :)

Offline bitcoin42

Hey,

Regards

Offline bitcoin42

This sounds cool. Would your company be involved/ licensed for regulatory purposes(ie money transmitter, AML,KYC) or would that fall on the customer/atm owner?
We consult in this regard, and can depending on location help with KYC/AML. But yes, it's mainly up to the operators how to handle it. But we will give them the tools to be able to comply. In most places, as long you keep tx per customer per day below 1k you have nothing to worry about.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
BTW your Bitshares PDF guide/infographic is really easy to understand.   Great job!

Yep good work :)
credit to Arlene Birt (abirt) www.backgroundstories.com!
She produced them assisted by community!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Hey,

Regards

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
This sounds cool. Would your company be involved/ licensed for regulatory purposes(ie money transmitter, AML,KYC) or would that fall on the customer/atm owner?
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona