Author Topic: can't sync to network.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
After a bunch of trying it finally connected. Thanks for getting back to me. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey guys. Stuck on block 2604719?
Have the correct client, but not syncing. Uninstalled, and reinstalled. It says 100% block synchronization progress. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Edit: I tried using the cli version called bitshares_client.exe, when I typed  "getinfo" it says the wallet is closed.

I also tried to set up a  Chain Server to Sync with BitShares. "chain_servers": ["69.90.132.209:1375"], still not working.

I am obviously on a fork, so when I delete my app%/roaming file and restore my wallet, will I have problems if I didn't save my latest wallet? I added about 70k BTS last week and didn't back this up.
In BitShares all keys are deterministic from a single random seed that is stored in the backups ..
so no need to fear losing funds here ..

Regarding you problem.. could you paste the complete output of "getinfo" here?

chryspano

I am obviously on a fork, so when I delete my app%/roaming file and restore my wallet, will I have problems if I didn't save my latest wallet? I added about 70k BTS last week and didn't back this up.

Worst case scenario is that you may need to regenerate some keys(that's what could happen in the past after new releases), if you don't have HD capacity issues you can rename your appdata/roaming/bitshares folder, no need to delete it if you don't have some recent backups.

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
Hey guys. Stuck on block 2604719?
Have the correct client, but not syncing. Uninstalled, and reinstalled. It says 100% block synchronization progress. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Edit: I tried using the cli version called bitshares_client.exe, when I typed  "getinfo" it says the wallet is closed.

I also tried to set up a  Chain Server to Sync with BitShares. "chain_servers": ["69.90.132.209:1375"], still not working.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:44:55 am by canucklehead »