Author Topic: Why the value of Bitshares should rise significantly this summer  (Read 6101 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Let's see, we know that there has been a lot of coding...product building, which is about to be released. Speculation on what that means for our product may have resulted in greater interest and increased demand.

Once rolled out, assuming the products have improved, thus generating value, it seems only natural that this might generate further interest and demand.

Perhaps a light bulling is deservedly on the cards?  Either way, as long as we keep innovating and improving this unique, desperately needed product then the future can only be brighter for overall value.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Quote from: crypto4ever
I'm getting tired of the spam subject "Why I am afraid that the price of BTS is rising" which looks horrible in the "most recent posts" summary of the forum.  None of us should be afraid of a rising BTS price. That's what most of us want to see isn't it?

Just because it 'makes you tired' and/or you disagree with it, doesn't make it spam.

Higher priced BTS may be what most of us want, but unless the new higher price is reached with sound fundamentals, then people are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

It does matter why the price gets higher. Personally I don't think it's sound that in 4 days the price jumps by roughly +130%, if you do I have some wonderful beachside property you may be interested in ..

Quote from: crypto4ever
I'd be interested to know if anyone can predict what they think BTS might be by the end of September 2015

Last week nobody could predict the absurd rise this week, and you want forecasts for September?

Other than 'To the moon!' I don't have any prediction to offer. I think if the GUI is stabilized, mobile wallet hits stable release, BItAssets remain viable, documentation is updated and people can buy/sell things easily with BitAssets, then it seems logical that the price will rise.

Either way BitShares is worth much more than $16mil, that's for sure.

But for now? Why would it rise like this? I'd be very surprised if you can buy stuff with BitAssets in more than 10 shops.
It's basically an instrument for speculation, and even before hitting the 'normal people' (which it only will do when shops regularly accept bitassets, buying bitassets/bts is simpler, and the gui is stabilized - and even then, no guarantees!) we should stop to consider than even inside the cutting edge that is being in the cryptocurrency scene, few users of other coins use BitAssets as a hedge against fluctuations in their currency.

For instance, it would make much more sense IMO for bitpay (random example) to allow transfering incoming btc payments to a bitshares account with bitusd.

Either people don't believe bitassets can truly preserve wealth (to extent that the underlying asset does) or we have some heavy marketing to do in that department. For even without mainstream adoption the opportunities are already so many..
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:58:34 pm by karnal »

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
MPAs are the bread and butter of BitShares. With the ridiculous BitAssets 2.0, the price is only going to go down. Just hope that the price hasn't crashed enough so that the project is dead before BM rolls out BitAssets 3.0
I'm curious as to what you think is ridiculous about the coming bitAssets release, and how you know the full details when it's not  public knowledge yet?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

sumantso

MPAs are the bread and butter of BitShares. With the ridiculous BitAssets 2.0, the price is only going to go down. Just hope that the price hasn't crashed enough so that the project is dead before BM rolls out BitAssets 3.0

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am not so much interested in the share price but want to see the outcome of this experiment ..
my motivation to be here always has been to learn new stuff, coding languages, economics, and most importantly .. people ..

However, a rising price is definitely motivating :)

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Why end of September?

In crypto, things change by the day and week. To give a fair shake to bitshares, BM was in the local paper for raising $30 Million dollars worth towards I3 ( I don't have a copy of the article, but it happened)

Major announcements "all throughout the summer" is something that Stan has said

So it sounds completely reasonable for BTS rush in price to taper off and still be stable to happen at the end of September 2015

Until then, it's buy and hold time (in my opinion). I am happily buying knowing that the end of September 2015 I'll be smiling vs what I buy it now...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:02:15 am by crypto4ever »

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Until we stop measuring bts as a ratio of btc we are not winning.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

That's a cryptic comment.  BTS could be measured as a ratio of USD, of Apples, Bananas, or anything else worth something.

Offline Riverhead

Until we stop measuring bts as a ratio of btc we are not winning.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
I'm getting tired of the spam subject "Why I am afraid that the price of BTS is rising" which looks horrible in the "most recent posts" summary of the forum.  None of us should be afraid of a rising BTS price. That's what most of us want to see isn't it?

It is to be expected (in my opinion) that Bitshares will rise.  Surely there are whales that will want to make money on the way up.  But over all, it should continue to increase over the next few months.  But the super spikes are just bait traps, watch for those.

I'd be interested to know if anyone can predict what they think BTS might be by the end of September 2015

As I write this, BTS currently has buy orders at 0.00002300  but hit an all time high of around 0.00002700 BTC in the last 24 hours.

If you're not an experienced trader, I don't think this is the time to try and buy/sell just to try and time the market.  If you believe in Bitshares, I think it might be a good idea to buy as much as you want to keep until September and avoid the traps that whale traders are going to set for you over the coming months.

These are just my opinons, I'm not an expert, but I've seen this type of trading action before.

Comments?