Author Topic: Why the value of Bitshares should rise significantly this summer  (Read 6095 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
Crypto bear market intensifies and Bitcoin falls to 120 per coin to shake out the last of the Bulls.  Bitshares holds against btc but doesn't rise.  Bta 2.0 is a success and revolutionary for crypto, but fails to bring in buyers. Market cap oscillates between 10-20 million for the rest of the year. Global interest rates spike causing stock markets to crumble. China loses 40% and the U.S. Loses 25%. Gold and silver outperform and finish at 1400 and 27 respectively.

You don't get invited to many parties, do you... :P

But a rather interesting / and possible whilts doomed outlook
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I offer up 100 BTS to closest guess submitted by the end of 6/12/15.

By payoff time, I speculate that could be nearly $2.70 or enough for a 40oz. ;)

I say, at UTC-5 hours on 10/1/15 (aka 12AM CST) the price of BitShares will be 7750 sats.  And for bonus points, bitcoin will be $350.

I'm either going to be wrong or this is going to be a helluva September! ;)

Note : The date of release has been pushed back and my price was counting on that not happening.

It always takes longer than expected for the market to realize what's happening, and it always takes longer than expected for the developer's team to deliver on their promises. But I'm a patient guy, so yeah 7750 sats will happen at some point, but I don't expect it will happen overnight (or this fall). 7750 sats is a winter 2016 target in my mind!

Tuck Fheman

I say, at UTC-5 hours on 10/1/15 (aka 12AM CST) the price of BitShares will be 7750 sats.  And for bonus points, bitcoin will be $350.

I'm either going to be wrong or this is going to be a helluva September! ;)

Note : The date of release has been pushed back and my price was counting on that not happening.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
As I write this, BTS currently has buy orders at 0.00002300  but hit an all time high of around 0.00002700 BTC in the last 24 hours.

Definitely not the all time high.

Its still almost 90% under the all time high.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
Crypto bear market intensifies and Bitcoin falls to 120 per coin to shake out the last of the Bulls.  Bitshares holds against btc but doesn't rise.  Bta 2.0 is a success and revolutionary for crypto, but fails to bring in buyers. Market cap oscillates between 10-20 million for the rest of the year. Global interest rates spike causing stock markets to crumble. China loses 40% and the U.S. Loses 25%. Gold and silver outperform and finish at 1400 and 27 respectively.

You don't get invited to many parties, do you... :P

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

with stellar staying ahead on coinmarketcap because it doubled its 'available supply'.

:D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I'm here from the future with the answer.

BTS will be worth 950000 drops.  (A drop is a millionth of a ripple, of course!).  Bitcoin doesn't exist anymore after the hard fork to modify the block size was fumbled and it broke everything into many competing forks and no one could agree on how to put it back together again, since some big players had cashed out into fiat on some chains but not others.  Then all the other proof of work coins died with it except for Dogecoin, which saved itself by updating to a 1 second block time, and the icon now has the Doge sticking its head out of the window of a racecar.

Ripple, Stellar, and Bitshares are top 3, with stellar staying ahead on coinmarketcap because it doubled its 'available supply'.  Everything that has a block time over a second or cant handle thousands of TPS is now considered a joke. 

Tuck Fheman

I'd be interested to know if anyone can predict what they think BTS might be by the end of September 2015

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:55:45 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Offline mint chocolate chip

As I write this, BTS currently has buy orders at 0.00002300  but hit an all time high of around 0.00002700 BTC in the last 24 hours.

Definitely not the all time high.

Offline Riverhead

Until we stop measuring bts as a ratio of btc we are not winning.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

That's a cryptic comment.  BTS could be measured as a ratio of USD, of Apples, Bananas, or anything else worth something.

Just meant that so long as we need BTC as our on/off ramp we will rise and fall with them to some degree. Once we have the ability to trade bitAsset for USD, Apples, .
Bananas, or anything else worth something we'll be living under the shadow of BTC.

The cryptic nature of my post was more due to the beer I drank at the bbq than any desire to be  mysterious :).

chryspano

I'd be interested to know if anyone can predict what they think BTS might be by the end of September 2015

Then again maybe not...

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
When the smart money is buying, you know something is in the works.