Author Topic: Is anybody maintaining a list of all the DPOS DAC's out there yet?  (Read 6203 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
It would be neat if this license-if-sharedropped  worked, but how would you ever enforce it? The old PTS social consensus wasn't exactly overwhelmingly adopted...
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If they share dropped they would be granted a license as well.
So this will essentially replace the "social conensus" back to a "social contract" ..
Do you have more concrete plans for the required percentage to be eligable?

Offline bytemaster

What would the effect on Bitshares music, play and other current Bitshares toolkit users be? They would have a choice between moving their business into the Bitshares primary network, sticking with a pre 1.0 version or running their own blockchain dev team forever after.

How would notes or play be transitioned into bts?

I really like the idea of consolidation and preventing the clone wars to enhance network effect. However, this kind of move (should it go ahead) must be handled with due care, consideration and collaboration.

Wonderful, thought provoking subject for discussion BM!

If they share dropped they would be granted a license as well.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Major players copying us would be devastating.

This is only the case if the community gives up.  If it doesnt, over time bitshares will emerge as very powerful regardless. Only issue would be if big players used regulations against us and imprisoned our community. Then...you might be right.

BitAssets depend both on liquid markets and widespread acceptance, and it's difficult to get one without the other, so we need either insane amounts of MM/marketing capital or first mover network effect. I see most of what BM and core are doing as a consequence of this situation; they are consolidating as many DACs into one chain as possible, making that chain insanely scalable and as decentralized as possible, playing nice with KYC/Banks, and creating a massive referral incentive, all to create a deep, decentralized hub of liquid capital.

:-*
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

This is only the case if the community gives up.  If it doesnt, over time bitshares will emerge as very powerful regardless. Only issue would be if big players used regulations against us and imprisoned our community. Then...you might be right.

BitAssets depend both on liquid markets and widespread acceptance, and it's difficult to get one without the other, so we need either insane amounts of MM/marketing capital or first mover network effect. I see most of what BM and core are doing as a consequence of this situation; they are consolidating as many DACs into one chain as possible, making that chain insanely scalable and as decentralized as possible, playing nice with KYC/Banks, and creating a massive referral incentive, all to create a deep, decentralized hub of liquid capital.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
What would the effect on Bitshares music, play and other current Bitshares toolkit users be? They would have a choice between moving their business into the Bitshares primary network, sticking with a pre 1.0 version or running their own blockchain dev team forever after.

How would notes or play be transitioned into bts?

I really like the idea of consolidation and preventing the clone wars to enhance network effect. However, this kind of move (should it go ahead) must be handled with due care, consideration and collaboration.

Wonderful, thought provoking subject for discussion BM!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:51:47 am by Ben Mason »

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

merockstar

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Major players copying us would be devastating. Only worse thing is regulators going full retard, so if we can eliminate 1/2 of our existential risks I'm all for it.. I think.

Offline emailtooaj

1.0 will ignite the great clone wars though  8)

Here is an ancient document describing the situation,

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,2876.msg35841.html#msg35841

Or will it... what if 1.0 was licensed for use with BTS only?
Moats are good +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now, isn't this an interesting subject  :D
Possibility of a guaranteed share drop onto existing BTS share holders from others wishing to use the licensed 1.0 version, if they don't intend to integrate into BTS?????
Now THIS is worth talking about  ;D

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Moats are good +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So Note and Music are the same dpos company, right? (they have delegates that get voted in)

Play is hard to find. Do they have a website?
Are, or will they be delegate-driven as well?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Sparkle was originally intended to be PoW, not DPOS. That was the whole point: bitshares functionality on a PoW chain.
Something tells me Sparkle is DOA.

Yeah, I've been researching these DACs today. sparkles last posts indicate he's waiting for our 1.0 before he launches anything. This tells me that he probably has no team of Devs like we do and in the meantime, companies like Crypti are just kickin butt. Crypti is still v0.2.0 but their UI is freakin amazing.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mint chocolate chip