Author Topic: 100% - Delegate for Chronos  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Russ Hanneman

Re: 100% - Delegate for Chronos
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 11:48:03 pm »
Keep in mind that I am managing 77M BTS that belong to a whale who was never an I3 stakeholder and could demand them at any time.     

I'm here to confirm that it's not me, but it could be a member of the BITN.
HOW I MAKE OVER $120,000 A YEAR WITH BITCOIN ... http://goo.gl/mKwC3i
BitShares Insider Trading Network - Join Today! ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16622.0.html

Tuck Fheman

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 11:55:33 pm »
Keep in mind that I am managing 77M BTS that belong to a whale who was never an I3 stakeholder and could demand them at any time.     

Is this the account?  BTS2vYFjTaNi5Hz5QPyDH7SEqKfx2xLRFAFP

Offline iHashFury

• Global Moderator
  • Add Simplicity
    • View Profile
    • BitSharesDEX
  • BitShares: ihashfury
  • GitHub: ihashfury
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 10:36:02 am »

Is this the account?  BTS2vYFjTaNi5Hz5QPyDH7SEqKfx2xLRFAFP

Satoshi Nakamoto?  :P
"If you owe a bank thousands, you have a problem; owe a bank millions, the bank has a problem" ;)

Offline Chronos

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2015, 04:14:28 pm »
All,

Just wanted to post a small update here. Lafona has done a great job adding the full set of 23 feeds. We suffered a little downtime during the feed configuration, but that's been resolved. He's been really great to work with, and is dedicated to the success of this node.

If you haven't yet added your vote for chronos.payroll.lafona, please consider it! *thumbs up*

Offline Chronos

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 01:43:07 pm »
Effective today, I have decided to step down from my official role on the Bitshares team. It was a good run, but the time commitment was more than than I had anticipated. I will continue to be a part of the community, and am as excited for the Bitshares 2.0 launch as the rest of you.

This delegate position should now be voted out of the top 101. Until that happens, I will have Lafona direct any future earnings to Dan (Bytemaster) to use on behalf of Cryptonomex as he sees fit.

As a side note, Lafona has done a superb job running the delegate. I would highly recommend him for anyone who would like assistance with anything delegate-related. :)

Peace!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2015, 01:49:00 pm »
Thats unfortunate ..

Instead of pointing the residual funds to BM, please consider reducing your delegates pay to 3% or so.
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »
Thats unfortunate ..

Instead of pointing the residual funds to BM, please consider reducing your delegates pay to 3% or so.

Yes, please reduce to a 3% delegate.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2015, 01:51:13 pm »
Thats unfortunate ..

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline iHashFury

• Global Moderator
  • Add Simplicity
    • View Profile
    • BitSharesDEX
  • BitShares: ihashfury
  • GitHub: ihashfury
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 02:09:31 pm »
Thats unfortunate ..

+5%

Yep burn It.  +5%
"If you owe a bank thousands, you have a problem; owe a bank millions, the bank has a problem" ;)

Offline Chronos

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 02:19:04 pm »
A 3% pay rate is an excellent suggestion. I'll run it by Lafona, to see if he would like to continue the delegate under those terms. Thanks!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 03:18:58 pm »
That's unfortunate. Especially when we need all hands on deck to get 2.0 out. Is you leaving going to have a negative impact on time frames now?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2015, 03:30:15 pm »
With the current marketcap a 100% delegate generates approx. $425 a month. If you go with a VPS cost of $50 / month (quite doable), that translates to around 12% of the delegate pay.

I don't believe any of us should work for free, a sentiment Bytemaster has also expressed. Even a 25% delegate only provides a meager compensation equal to the hosting cost, but perhaps that's the most we should expect from this market.

As I was faced with an almost identical scenario about a month ago it's also important to recognize we are pretty close to 2.0 release, so whatever this team decides to do is probably only temporary. Once 2.0 is well established there is bound to be adjustments made.

I think reducing the delegate pay to 3% is too low. I would vote for 25%. I recognize there are other delegates such as riverhead and many others that receive far less, including many solid 3% delegates. 10% can cover the cost of 1 VPS but very little else, so those with less than 25% delegate pay are basically working for free. Again, please keep in mind this is only temporary until 2.0 is released and well established.

I am sorry to see you go Chronos; Cryptonomex really needs all the help it can get for UI work.

Just my 0.01 BTS opinion here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:33:17 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2015, 03:33:15 pm »
With the current marketcap a 100% delegate generates approx. $425 a month. If you go with a VPS cost of $50 / month (quite doable), that translates to around 12% of the delegate pay.

I don't believe any of us should work for free, a sentiment Bytemaster has also expressed. Even a 25% delegate only provides a meager compensation equal to the hosting cost, but perhaps that's the most we should expect from this market.

As I was faced with an almost identical scenario less than a month ago it's also important to recognize we are pretty close to 2.0 release, so whatever this team decides to do is probably only temporary. Once 2.0 is well established there is bound to be adjustments made.

I think reducing the delegate pay to 3% is too low. I would vote for 25%. I recognize there are other delegates such as riverhead and many others that receive far less, including many solid 3% delegates. 10% can cover the cost of 1 VPS but very little else, so those with less than 25% delegate pay are basically working for free. Again, please keep in mind this is only temporary until 2.0 is released and well established.

Just my 0.01 BTS opinion here.

If he only lowers it to 25%, we should just vote him out and vote in 1 of the delegates that is willing to work for 3%.  Granted enough holders actually vote.

Offline Thom

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2015, 03:36:38 pm »
If he only lowers it to 25%, we should just vote him out and vote in 1 of the delegates that is willing to work for 3%.  Granted enough holders actually vote.

I was just trying to provide some numbers and a perspective based on what I experienced with delegate.verbaltech.

it's totally up to the community on what they want to do.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2015, 04:10:33 pm »
I have no problem running the delegate at 3% from here on out. Depending on what sounds reasonable I can burn the remaining 97% on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis. I can also update the thread here with the payment split and burn info.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona