Author Topic: What are you trying to accomplish and how is it going?  (Read 3871 times)

Offline duskast

• View Profile
Actually this makes me realize that I'm doing poor job explaining on the site why MemoryCoin 2.0 is probably the most innovative coin there is. I'm truly convinced that MemoryCoin has more innovations then PPC and XPM combined. Will try to fix that.

Elections system is one the the several very cool innovations of the coin. Think about it! This is amazing. No other coin has paid officers who are helping to develop the coin and who compete to get the job. But because this is so innovative there is criticism. It's OK. Every cool innovation has criticism. Think innovative POS of PPC coin, or ASICs, or even alt coins group in general. The only way to have no criticism is to do no innovation. Everybody loves DOGE, coin with no innovation whatsoever. But when FreeTrade did something really cool and innovative suddenly there is criticism from everywhere. Isn't this ironic?

I'm sure lots of people (even many owners of MMC) don't get enough knowledge about this coin. I will highly appreciate if you add some introduction on www.memorycoin.info, at least demonstrating the special aspects (voting system, why we need this system and its mechanism), the advantages of this coin comparing to others (security, transfer speed etc) and the possible oncoming applications on this coin. Bon courage!

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Actually this makes me realize that I'm doing poor job explaining on the site why MemoryCoin 2.0 is probably the most innovative coin there is. I'm truly convinced that MemoryCoin has more innovations then PPC and XPM combined. Will try to fix that.

Elections system is one the the several very cool innovations of the coin. Think about it! This is amazing. No other coin has paid officers who are helping to develop the coin and who compete to get the job. But because this is so innovative there is criticism. It's OK. Every cool innovation has criticism. Think innovative POS of PPC coin, or ASICs, or even alt coins group in general. The only way to have no criticism is to do no innovation. Everybody loves DOGE, coin with no innovation whatsoever. But when FreeTrade did something really cool and innovative suddenly there is criticism from everywhere. Isn't this ironic?
I totally agree with you, officers are highly paid at the moment but when there is the reduced block sizes that will go down a lot. And competition for those places will increase. I'm currently trying to get CNO/CEO. Guess I'll get them when my services are available
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline belltown

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:31:24 pm by belltown »
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Cpu coins is very good but botnet and zombies is very bad  for mining.
Yeah unfortunately that will be a problem for us. Not really possible to bypass except with PoS (most botnets would want to just sell and move on not hold coins)
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline s4l1h

• View Profile
Cpu coins is very good but botnet and zombies is very bad  for mining.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I don't understand what the purpose of your coin is

MemoryCoin is an attempt to fix flaws in Bitcoin and other altcoins. You can read more here.

http://memorycoin.org/manifesto/
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
I don't understand what the purpose of your coin is, Protoshares is backed by the value Invictus imbues into it by honoring it with distributions.   What do Memorycoins do that make me want to do anything but sell them for more than I bought them?
You could say the same thing about any coin. Infastructure will come, we will ensure that.

Its a CPU coin, that wasn't 98% pre-mine. It uses a new PoW algorithm that will not work on GPU/ASIC and is the most innovative of ANY Alt-Coin currently available.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
I don't understand what the purpose of your coin is, Protoshares is backed by the value Invictus imbues into it by honoring it with distributions.   What do Memorycoins do that make me want to do anything but sell them for more than I bought them?
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
hemorrhages money with a portion of each block going to some random person who pitched their services and if selected is constantly being paid an unreasonably high salary if this currency winds up being anything valuable with no actual controls in place to make sure they're doing anything productive with their time besides being able to put on a dog and pony show

Sounds like every election ever. It's the worst system, apart from all the others that we've ever tried.

But interested to hear your *constructive* suggestions.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
CPU only, which is often regarded a good thing.

Paid positions will be very highly competed in future and will require someone who does a lot to get the position.

CPU coin that isn't a scam.

Community already working on a LOT, I myself am working on a gambling service and SPV wallet.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
In theory, I am an owner of Memorycoin.  I don't get it, why do I want to own this?  It has the advantages of bitcoin except it hemorrhages money with a portion of each block going to some random person who pitched their services and if selected is constantly being paid an unreasonably high salary if this currency winds up being anything valuable with no actual controls in place to make sure they're doing anything productive with their time besides being able to put on a dog and pony show for memorycoin holders.

What am I missing?
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.