Author Topic: Unable to vote today  (Read 1923 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Every time I open my wallet (windows GUI) it appears that I haven't vote for anyone and everytime I have to re vote..
By the time I realised that I did transactions.without having voted from anyone.Although all transactions were fine I was wondering what is the risk for doing transactions without having vote for anybody.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm not sure what the cause is actually, it might be what you're referring to but I think Valentine fixed that. I can use the "Vote" button just fine on my computer for example, but it might also be a Windows only bug?
maybe he hasn't updated to the most recent web_wallet version .. I don't really know at which state all these bugs have been fixed and how the web_wallet update mechanism in the windows gui works ..

Offline svk

Thr RPC interface has made some changes that obviously havent made it into the GUI .. this should be fix soon ... i hope .. paging @svk

What operations have you performed exactly?

I just went into my account, clicked on "vote", clicked on "vote all", clicked on "OK" in the pop up,  and then I get the error message. This is the way I have always voted in the past - at least dozens of times.
The error is caused by the RPC updates .. in this case .. all asset amounts have been change from parsed float/double .. to plain "strings" ... but the GUI at some places still uses the amount as float/double instead of string ... that causes the error ..

you could go to the transfer tab and transfer all your funds back to yourself .. that should work and do exactly the same thing ..

I'm not sure what the cause is actually, it might be what you're referring to but I think Valentine fixed that. I can use the "Vote" button just fine on my computer for example, but it might also be a Windows only bug?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thr RPC interface has made some changes that obviously havent made it into the GUI .. this should be fix soon ... i hope .. paging @svk

I just went into my account, clicked on "vote", clicked on "vote all", clicked on "OK" in the pop up,  and then I get the error message. This is the way I have always voted in the past - at least dozens of times.
The error is caused by the RPC updates .. in this case .. all asset amounts have been change from parsed float/double .. to plain "strings" ... but the GUI at some places still uses the amount as float/double instead of string ... that causes the error ..

you could go to the transfer tab and transfer all your funds back to yourself .. that should work and do exactly the same thing ..

Offline onceuponatime

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
maybe just try to change the fee under settings.. from 0.1 to 0.5! (If you changed it before)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is that the equivalent of NSF or something ;)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline onceuponatime

Today, for the first time ever, I am unable to vote for delegates. I get this error message:  "invalid asset amount (35005)" when I try.

I am doing nothing differently today than the many time that I have successfully voted before today.

Any suggestions?