Author Topic: if you want to vote negative vote to all 100% delegate.  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Thom

I  am a supporter of block-chain hire , but I think there are many bts -holder that is opposed to delegates with 100% pay.
so I think we must give a way to them to oppose all 100% delegates . if they cannot express their view by vote ,they maybe sell their bts ,this would make price of BTS drop,  delegate income would become less because low price of bts.
but there is no negative vote with direct methods. 
but people can vote his negative vote indirectly by voting all 3% delegates

so if you want to oppose all 100% delegates you can do as follow
1.Un-appove all delegate
2.Click this link bts:negative-vote/approve approve my delegate this is a 1% pay rate delegate , vote all 3% delegate in top 101
3. then vote you delegate "As My delegates Recommanded"

I am a huge supporter of this idea, I tried and failed to do this before

Out of deference to your reputation here toast, and what you have in fact accomplished, I would like to hear your rationale for such a position. Please elaborate. As a dev with two 100% delegates you would be directly on the chopping block.

Or would you? BM has said you are giving your delegate pay away to others. Is your apparent agreement with the OP to cut funding to these other camouflaged recipients, or are there other reasons?

Why not let the shareholders vote for who they wish to support rather than using your rep and clout to redirect funds to other parties? If those other parties are worthy of shareholder support & delegate pay let them campaign for it themselves rather than you shielding them with your rep and proven value?

I don't know who has more responsibility in this you or BM, but it doesn't seem right to me, and it seems this is not an isolated case.

This redirection of delegate pay in principle is not good, tho the end result might be fine. This redirection practice not only breaks accountability but it misrepresents what the funds are used for and is counter to the spirit of delegate voting. Some shareholders I'm sure are fine with how your spending your delegate pay, but others probably assume it is to support you directly when in fact it is not.

In the case of mineBitShares at least the redirection was above board, fully explained and the transfer of the delegate ownership to DSN was endorsed and approved by the shareholders. I don't think that is the case for the delegates of toast and methodx, who is also sending his pay elsewhere, as I recall reading some time ago.

You may say what you do with your pay is nobody's business but your own, but that isn't true. You and every recipient of delegate pay have a responsibility to the shareholders and their desire is expressed thru their votes for you, not some other party they may not even know.

Perhaps this is of limited importance with DPoS 1.0 about to be replaced with DPoS 2.0, but the heart of the matter concerning transfer of accountability and pay is not. This is one issue that should be thoroughly discussed before DPoS 2.0 is put into practice.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:40:54 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I  am a supporter of block-chain hire , but I think there are many bts -holder that is opposed to delegates with 100% pay.
so I think we must give a way to them to oppose all 100% delegates . if they cannot express their view by vote ,they maybe sell their bts ,this would make price of BTS drop,  delegate income would become less because low price of bts.

1.Un-appove all delegate
2.Click this link bts:negative-vote/approve approve my delegate this is a 1% pay rate delegate , vote all 3% delegate in top 101

I am a huge supporter of this idea, I tried and failed to do this before
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Thom

1. I support develop 100% pay rate delegate personally  , and I also think  they have done great work for ecosystem personally.
2. I  just give a simple methods to  BTS holder that oppose 100% delegate,( as I discuss with money BTS holder in local district, some holder oppose this, but they don`t know how to express his negative vote). I think BTS ecosystem is a community that everyone can express his view easily .

Thanks for that clarification BTSdac. It was confusing to me (and perhaps others) because of the use of ALL in your OP. Speaking for myself, I did not understand your intent from the OP, and I am confident that is due to the language barrier.

I can see you were just trying to explain to those that oppose certain delegates, how to provide a negative vote, for example how to oppose all 100% delegates. I hope you explained to those asking you why you personally feel that voting against ALL 100% delegates is not healthy to sustain the ecosystem. Of course they may choose to ignore that. As you say, they are free to express themselves however they wish.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
So you want to destroy the dev staff?

What you propose does not make sense. Wait until DPoS 2.0 and THEN decide. It's only a few short days ahead.
No , I just want dev staff can gain more usd by 100% pay delegate

I interpret what you say here to mean you think if we remove more of the 100% delegates that there will be more BTS paid to the remaining 100% delegates?

That at least makes more sense. Perhaps we're dealing with a poor choice of words in the OP, or communication failure due to the "twitter phenomenon" (he who uses minimal words cause confused meaning).

Nevetheless, if you take the OP at face value, he is calling for the removal of ALL 100% DELEGATES, a category that most if not all of the devs fall into.  That does NOT make sense. This sounds like a wealth redistribution plan, a way to "equalize" the earnings of all participants, rather than letting it go to where it is merited based on the returned value to the ecosystem. Without devs we have no ecosystem.

@OP - care to try again to clarify what your intention is? Sorry for any difficulties the language difference may cause you.
1. I support develop 100% pay rate delegate personally  , and I also think  they have done great work for ecosystem personally.
2. I  just give a simple methods to  BTS holder that oppose 100% delegate,( as I discuss with many BTS holder in local district, some holder oppose this, but they don`t know how to express his negative vote). I think BTS ecosystem is a community that everyone can express his view easily .
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:46:15 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Thom

What you propose does not make sense. Wait until DPoS 2.0 and THEN decide. It's only a few short days ahead.

I interpret what you say here to mean you think if we remove more of the 100% delegates that there will be more BTS paid to the remaining 100% delegates?

That at least makes more sense. Perhaps we're dealing with a poor choice of words in the OP, or communication failure due to the "twitter phenomenon" (he who uses minimal words cause confused meaning).

Nevetheless, if you take the OP at face value, he is calling for the removal of ALL 100% DELEGATES, a category that most if not all of the devs fall into.  That does NOT make sense. This sounds like a wealth redistribution plan, a way to "equalize" the earnings of all participants, rather than letting it go to where it is merited based on the returned value to the ecosystem. Without devs we have no ecosystem.

@OP - care to try again to clarify what your intention is? Sorry for any difficulties the language difference may cause you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:52:15 am by Thom »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Pheonike

AS great as the Dev staff is, they can't do it all alone. There is a need for other projects to be funded in parallel to add to BitShares System. They more you add to their plate, the longer it will take. Let them focus on the core things that need to be done and let community assist in the others features that are necessary too.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

Offline Thom

I wouldn't be so sure that DPOS2.0 will launch in "just a few days" ... Recalling the beginning of BitShares I cam imagine the devs to start a test network prior to hardforking the main thing into something completely new!

I agree, but was speaking optimistically. It seemed like a good counter-balance to the dramatic action being called for.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I wouldn't be so sure that DPOS2.0 will launch in "just a few days" ... Recalling the beginning of BitShares I cam imagine the devs to start a test network prior to hardforking the main thing into something completely new!

Offline Thom

Offline Chronos

This will be much easier in the new worker/witness/delegate system, when you will be able to simply vote against all worker roles.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

1.Un-appove all delegate

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:02:10 pm by BTSdac »