Author Topic: Need issue dividend function for BTA  (Read 2230 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:36:50 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline namjar

• View Profile
weagg is for guest who most unknown blockchain even they have not install bts client.

We can not just focus on geekers but should open our mind, the important is NORMAL WORLD could accpt bts easierly...

Offline wuxuqiang

• View Profile
    • 比特股中文网
  • BitShares: web1024
我是"比特股中文网"站长:吴序强  欢迎光临我们大家的网站:http://www.BtsABC.org   比特股网页钱包(帝国版):https://bit.btsabc.org

Offline bytemaster

Yes. the more we can automate features like divi pay for businesses (free accountant with every new business you set up in BitShares).

I know that this is the definition of "scope creep" and BM has said that he does not want to write in too many features into the blockchain to prevent bloat, but this "feature" hits me initially as extremely valuable to a small business, and therefore extremely valuable to our competitive pitch to make BitShares the best "automated crowd funding platform" of all time.  However, I know nothing compared to BM, so I will defer to his judgement.

It gets very complicated when you have dividend payments due to assets held as collateral to bonds and bitassets and other places.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

BTS Dev,

My team is developing a crowdfunding equity system and it will release BTA for each project, but my setting is :

1. Project Company Could Issue Dividend for own BTA if It Earn Profit, and Dividend Could be BitCNY/BitUSD;

2. Project Company Could Raising Right Issue (write to blockchain with additional info for the 2nd release BTA).

Bitshares Should be same to the REAL Stock & Forex Marketing that is why I need these functions.

Could you please add these functions to the next version client?

Sure, we would discuss this topic.

Even if we supported a single "pay dividend" operation at the blockchain level, the fees involved would equal the fee of sending out many individual transactions.

Does not seem like it would hurt to have this feature and I have seen several of these requests over past months.  How much of the dev team's resources would it take to develop this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline bytemaster

Even if we supported a single "pay dividend" operation at the blockchain level, the fees involved would equal the fee of sending out many individual transactions.

But it would make it much easier for someone to actually do it. 

Its good, imo, that the blockchain would charge a reasoanble fee (not simply 1 BTS) for issuing a dividend to all your stakeholders.  The blockchain needs to become profitable.

This functionality is important so that Bitshares can become the kickstarter for equity!

I agree that such a feature would be a good marketing bullet point.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

But it would make it much easier for someone to actually do it. 

Its good, imo, that the blockchain would charge a reasoanble fee (not simply 1 BTS) for issuing a dividend to all your stakeholders.  The blockchain needs to become profitable.

This functionality is important so that Bitshares can become the kickstarter for equity!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

BTS Dev,

My team is developing a crowdfunding equity system and it will release BTA for each project, but my setting is :

1. Project Company Could Issue Dividend for own BTA if It Earn Profit, and Dividend Could be BitCNY/BitUSD;

2. Project Company Could Raising Right Issue (write to blockchain with additional info for the 2nd release BTA).

Bitshares Should be same to the REAL Stock & Forex Marketing that is why I need these functions.

Offline namjar

• View Profile
BTS Dev,

Based on Bitshares, and BTS client would be the 2nd Exchange Market.

Offline namjar

• View Profile
BTS Dev,