Author Topic: Movement Fest Flyer Drop re-cap  (Read 3429 times)

Offline robrigo

Great weather, interesting people, and a diversity of music. Doesn't get much better than that. Throw a little covert ops spy action in the mix and you've got yourself a time.

Festivals are an AMAZING place to promote. I think Peertracks would benefit immensely to be an official sponsor for some fests when the service is live.

Noted!
And even if it turns out not to be a good place to promote... I still might check it out just to be 100 sure  :D

Yes, you definitely should. The atmosphere can be incredible. Amazing performances left and right, encounters with new and old friends. Babes and beer. Dancers going wild. More music at the after-parties. Can't really beat it man. lol. Let me know when and where.  8)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Great weather, interesting people, and a diversity of music. Doesn't get much better than that. Throw a little covert ops spy action in the mix and you've got yourself a time.

Festivals are an AMAZING place to promote. I think Peertracks would benefit immensely to be an official sponsor for some fests when the service is live.

Noted!
And even if it turns out not to be a good place to promote... I still might check it out just to be 100 sure  :D
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline robrigo

Thanks for the love all.

Wow excellent Job Robrigo!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun haha. I'd take a break from the laptop to become a secret agent infiltrating stuff for a weekend any day!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline roadscape

Planting seeds.. well done Robrigo!
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Wow excellent Job Robrigo!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun haha. I'd take a break from the laptop to become a secret agent infiltrating stuff for a weekend any day!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

38PTSWarrior

Good job, after reading I feel like I*ve been on the fest too.

jaran

Wow man good job.

I believe all it will take is one big artist to get involved and then it will go off. As long as there is a sound product of course.

+5%

Offline robrigo

Just wanted to offer some details regarding the guerrilla promotion of Peertracks at the Movement music festival last weekend.

• I was able to sneak flyers in 2 out of 3 days. The last day they wouldn't let me "self-promote" but luckily I stashed some the day before inside of the festival. I scattered a bunch outside of the front gates in protest of their fascist stifling of information. 8)
  • I was able to sneak behind the Red Bull stage one of the days and put flyers on all the VIP tables / seating areas.
  • I put flyers at the Uber booth, the audio technology area, and handed a bunch out to people that I met during the fest. I talked to the Novation guys about it and they also seemed really interested.
  • Snoop got a flyer!! One of the guys I met in my building organizes music events and has some connections into the local hip hop scene. He has been helping me distribute the flyers and told me he hand delivered one to Snoop. He has been hyping it up to other Detroit made superstars in the hip hop scene, such as Fat Cat and Guilty Simpson.
  • @thread and one of the festival workers said they would put some in the artist lounge for me. Not sure if that happened or not.
  • I put some in music venues and cafes around the area. I have about 1/2 of the total amount of flyers printed left over.
  • I'm in the process of talking to some potential "street crew" members to help broaden the outreach of these flyers to other music festivals and local hangouts. To be paid in NOTEs, of course!
  • Overall, the people I spoke with about PeerTracks seemed very interested in the concept and wanted to know more. I would say the idea was well received.

Next I want to hit up the local music museums and see if they will take some of the flyers. There's a Mo-town museum and an underground techno museum called Submerge.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:36:46 pm by robrigo »