Author Topic: BTer deposit issues, growing concern  (Read 10457 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Maybe it's a good idea to get Bter to run on BitShares 2.0

I'm sure bter would find a way to mess it up.

Maybe if they don't, the crypto world will finally acknowledge BitShares as the safest way to run an exchange
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I'm sure bter would find a way to mess it up.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I'm glad that my remaining balance on bter is only 4 cents worth of BTC and dust.  Moved all my trading to btc38.  The volume on bter has grown worse and worse.  Instead of recovering since they came back online, everyone is just taking the opportunity to exit and withdraw.

Its good to know that they are making partial payments, but I fear they will die before they are able to repay much of it.

sad bc these crises fuel the anti-crypto crowd. i very much prefer truly decentralized services like shapeshift.io to traditional exchanges.
How is shapeshift decentralized?
You only hold value there for a few minutes, sure, but it's Erik Voorhees' centralized website, no?

As @ander says, services like shapeshift.io are just passthroughs, they never hold your private keys. sure, it's possible their service could go bonkers and fail to process a trade after you've sent funds, but that's different (maybe less severe) risk than parking funds on an exchange.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I'm glad that my remaining balance on bter is only 4 cents worth of BTC and dust.  Moved all my trading to btc38.  The volume on bter has grown worse and worse.  Instead of recovering since they came back online, everyone is just taking the opportunity to exit and withdraw.

Its good to know that they are making partial payments, but I fear they will die before they are able to repay much of it.

sad bc these crises fuel the anti-crypto crowd. i very much prefer truly decentralized services like shapeshift.io to traditional exchanges.
You only hold value there for a few minutes, sure, but it's Erik Voorhees' centralized website, no?

It makes the trade and sends you the coins, rather than letting you keep your coins with them.  You control your private keys.

I'm so glad I withdrew the >200k BTS I had at bter a few days before this new 'withdrawal disabled' started.  I shouldnt have let so much accumulate there, bter is not to be trusted!  I'm keeping some at btc38 now, and maybe I shouldnt, but as far as I know they have never been hacked.  Whereas bter has suffered multiple major hacks and is now massively underwater owing people BTC.  If their volume continues to decrease, I wonder when someone there will just give up and go 'fuck it, its over, I'm stealing all the coins'. 

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Anyone contacted support yet? My guess is their wallet fell out of sync :P.

Yeah, 4 days ago. Their reply:

Dear Sir,
BTS withdrawal will be enabled later.

Please kindly keep an eye on the withdrawal page for update.

Best
bter.com

can you get anything out? if so, might be worth a quick trade to whatever that is and then withdraw.

Offline roadscape

Yeah, 4 days ago. Their reply:

Dear Sir,
BTS withdrawal will be enabled later.

Please kindly keep an eye on the withdrawal page for update.

Best
bter.com
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
centralized crypto exchanges are so risky--something like half of them shut down with customer funds--it's best to withdraw all funds at the first hint of fishy business. BTER seems like it crossed this fishy business line awhile back.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
check .. let's wait

Offline Riverhead

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc