Author Topic: BTer deposit issues, growing concern  (Read 10456 times)

Offline Riverhead

I reconciled my deposits with the account history and they did indeed credit both my accounts about 0.21 BTC (out of 15 owed). So it seems like they are doing monthly disbursements.

Contacting their support about this issue I received the following note:

Dear Sir. 
The first and second batch of repayment have been made. The second batch of repayment was made last month You may see a small BTC deposit and your BTC-B balance decreases a bit. 
    The repayment is distributed to all the affected users. The amount of repayment is in proportion to their affected BTC. 
     The second is 100 BTC in total 
This batch of repayment is not much as we hadn't had enough money from the operation profit. As our business thrives, we will be able to repay more and faster. 

Best
  bter.com

I have not used them since the theft other than to transfer money out as it gets released. However this is more due to other services providing the utility I need quicker, easier, and with less risk.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:41:58 am by Riverhead »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Anyone get their btcb balance moved over? My 3 btc is still stuck and they keep saying I'm in queue becsuse they paid off other ppl seeks like they won't return my funds.

Mine is still locked up. I thought they were going to pay it back over time from revenue? They gave one month of free trading and then...? I didn't realize the conversion from BTCB to BTC was supposed to have started.

Does anyone have anything converted other than the initial disbursement they made right after the BTCB was issued?

No. I received ~10% when they came back on line and nothing since. I haven't used them since, so maybe that's why. Have you used them?

Offline Riverhead

Anyone get their btcb balance moved over? My 3 btc is still stuck and they keep saying I'm in queue becsuse they paid off other ppl seeks like they won't return my funds.

Mine is still locked up. I thought they were going to pay it back over time from revenue? They gave one month of free trading and then...? I didn't realize the conversion from BTCB to BTC was supposed to have started.

Does anyone have anything converted other than the initial disbursement they made right after the BTCB was issued?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Any exchange that exhibits even the tiniest bit of funny business ought to be vacated immediately. the risks are just too high for these things imploding and taking all your money.

Tuck Fheman

CCN should have been writing an article about this instead of publishing flame bait based on posts pulled from our forum without context.

heh, well considering it's only $50 (this time), an article would probably make us look worse than them, even though it's all their fault and they're lying to us daily. I say lying because I can see where the money went, I can see that the wallet is forging and I know that if it's forging they can send/receive funds without issues, yet they're claiming their devs are still working on something, but apparently only when we ask for our funds.

I guess this is what happens when you go around calling for the death of all centralized exchanges and then trade a coin on their exchange with ACCT that could eventually put them out of business. ;)

Tuck Fheman

Wow, bter still hasnt fixed your transactton?

Nope. They transferred the funds to the forging wallet weeks ago and the forging wallet is working juuuuust fine. Very odd and selective it appears.

Perhaps they don't like us going around bashing their horrible service everywhere we can, but stealing our money is not going to stop that, it's simply going to increase it.

Offline phillyguy

CCN should have been writing an article about this instead of publishing flame bait based on posts pulled from our forum without context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Wow, bter still hasnt fixed your transactton?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
They're still holding our funds. They transferred them to their forging wallet weeks ago and have been forging ever since while lying to us that they're still having issues. Fucking incredible. I'm done with BTer. Any company willing to lie in writing after you've proven to them without a shadow of a doubt that what they are telling you is complete bullshit, is not worth anyone's effort. If they'll do this for $50, does anyone think BTer would have an issue doing this with a larger amount? I don't. The way I see it, anyone willing to rip you off for $50 or claim they can't repay you, when you know they can, they're going to fuck you or anyone else over really bad one day for a much larger amount (oh wait, they've already done that in the past).

BTer, your exchanges death cannot come soon enough and we'd be happy to eat $50 to see that happen very soon. What sucks is ... now I'm personally out of options to trade Qora.  Fuck the $50. I'm just thankful that we began reducing our deposit amounts to them right before this happened. Luckily someone else here saw it coming when a larger deposit was held for 2 days prior to this. While this has been going on, I've only been willing to put $20 of BTC on their exchange at a time to buy BTS, which is really slowing things down.

Yeah I know, "when 2.O comes out you won't have to worry about this". But, this is true only for coins that join 2.O.

[/rant]

Edit : as it turned out, fbombs were required to make me feel better.

maybe ask @ccedk to add qora?

Tuck Fheman

They're still holding our funds. They transferred them to their forging wallet weeks ago and have been forging ever since while lying to us that they're still having issues. Fucking incredible. I'm done with BTer. Any company willing to lie in writing after you've proven to them without a shadow of a doubt that what they are telling you is complete bullshit, is not worth anyone's effort. If they'll do this for $50, does anyone think BTer would have an issue doing this with a larger amount? I don't. The way I see it, anyone willing to rip you off for $50 or claim they can't repay you, when you know they can, they're going to fuck you or anyone else over really bad one day for a much larger amount (oh wait, they've already done that in the past).

BTer, your exchanges death cannot come soon enough and we'd be happy to eat $50 to see that happen very soon. What sucks is ... now I'm personally out of options to trade Qora.  Fuck the $50. I'm just thankful that we began reducing our deposit amounts to them right before this happened. Luckily someone else here saw it coming when a larger deposit was held for 2 days prior to this. While this has been going on, I've only been willing to put $20 of BTC on their exchange at a time to buy BTS, which is really slowing things down.

Yeah I know, "when 2.O comes out you won't have to worry about this". But, this is true only for coins that join 2.O.

[/rant]

Edit : as it turned out, fbombs were required to make me feel better.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:04:11 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
still pending. same 'we're looking into it' responses. only around $50, but still fuuuu, i hate these exchanges. can't wait until they're a distant memory.

Shouldn't have to wait too long for that distant memory..

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
thay need time to pic the fee !!
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ