Author Topic: [UPDATE] Ripple Trade will require identity verification  (Read 2973 times)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I'm trying to get this community to understand and push to get CCEDK to hurry with their Ripple Gateway & Possibly MetaExchange.info (if anyone has the contacts to folks at these BTS Gateways.

You came to the right place for that. @ccedk @Shentist @monsterer
Nice thanks for those contacts!

Do I need to try and message them each through the BitsahersTalk Forum (can I even do that)?

the @name underlined means that they were notified that they were mentioned in this thread, so they could come along eventually and read it. you can pm if you want though. monsterer is actually already in this thread.

Offline reiddouthat

I'm trying to get this community to understand and push to get CCEDK to hurry with their Ripple Gateway & Possibly MetaExchange.info (if anyone has the contacts to folks at these BTS Gateways.

Nice thanks for those contacts!

Do I need to try and message them each through the BitsahersTalk Forum (can I even do that)?
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Offline reiddouthat

Isn't Ripple Trade just a gateway? If so, they will require KYC stuff just like other exchanges like bitstamp or kraken. It's different from having identity identification on your wallet on your computer.

If I'm not mistaken, this is no news at all. Just how stuff works everywhere.
Im glad someone understand RippleTrade!

It is actually like OpenLedger in many ways and connects gateways; but it is a way to physically get funds out just like an Exchange or Gateway so ya the require verification.
You can send XRP to your PayPal email address and USD will arrive in you account in about 5 minutes and the cash can be in ur hands via ATM withdrawal using the PayPal Debit Card in 6 min.
They are going to regulate anything that can do that type magic with crypto currency.

RippleTrade is a very powerful platform just like OpenLedger; it aggregates BTC, PPC, DOGE, just about any crypto that wants to set up a gateway as well as issues IOU's tied/pegged to Fiat (allot like your BitUSD, BitCNY or BitEUR).

The combination of these two systems will be unbelievable and mutually beneficial (Probably more beneficial to BitShares 2.0). No matter; these two systems are made to be connected.

I wish the community/delegates would really look at this and get the development team on it asap...
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

Offline monsterer

I am trying to figure out the grounds on which RippleTrade is regulated but others are still free to use the Ripple network without regulations.

RippleTrade is ripple labs own gateway, hence the requirements.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

The Ripple network is an open network. No one, including Ripple Labs, can prevent others from using or building on the Ripple protocol as they desire.

Is it hinting that others can build similar to Ripple Trade and choose not to have ID-verification? If so, this will make it optional like what Bitshares is aiming at.

Exactly.   It would appear that eventually hosted wallets will all require ID-verification to remain compliant because websites are fundamentally centralized with a clear owner.

Can someone provide more information about RippleTrade?

1) is it a hosted wallet like blockchain.info
2) does it have access to private keys
3) does it involve assets issued by RippleTrade?
4) is it a general purpose interface to all of Ripple or just limited assets

I am trying to figure out the grounds on which RippleTrade is regulated but others are still free to use the Ripple network without regulations.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
The Ripple network is an open network. No one, including Ripple Labs, can prevent others from using or building on the Ripple protocol as they desire.

Is it hinting that others can build similar to Ripple Trade and choose not to have ID-verification? If so, this will make it optional like what Bitshares is aiming at.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Isn't Ripple Trade just a gateway? If so, they will require KYC stuff just like other exchanges like bitstamp or kraken. It's different from having identity identification on your wallet on your computer.

The point is that it seems you require to identify against RIPPLE!
Also, because ripple only has IOUs you cannot use the network at all unless you are verified @ ripple .. (at least that's what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I guess people will finally realize that ripple is centralized ...

We should consider marketing this .. in particular that bitshares offers a decentralized identity verification ... hence not only moonstone can make a profit from that ..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

In April 2015, we announced that Ripple Trade will implement identity verification procedures in support of a compliant Ripple ecosystem.

Identity verification will become available in late June, and as an existing user you will have until August 30, 2015 to verify your identity. We will email you as soon as the service launches in June.

The Ripple network is an open network. No one, including Ripple Labs, can prevent others from using or building on the Ripple protocol as they desire. However, when Ripple Labs provides software, such as the Ripple Trade client, Ripples Labs may impose additional requirements for the use of the software. As such, Ripple Labs will require identification of Ripple Trade account holders.

If you wish to continue using Ripple Trade to access the Ripple network, Ripple Labs will require you to submit personally identifiable information similar to what you would provide to open a bank account, such as your full name, address, national ID number, date of birth, and possibly a copy of your driver’s license or other identifying documents. We will use this information to verify your identity for compliance purposes.

If you do not wish to continue using Ripple Trade, you must withdraw your funds from Ripple Trade no later than August 30, 2015 and also record your secret key so that you can access the Ripple network outside of Ripple Trade.

For more information on how identity verification affects new accounts, and obtaining access to your secret key, please visit the Knowledge Center.

Thank you for using Ripple Trade, and please don’t hesitate to email support@ripple.com with any questions or concerns.